I think it would be cool if you could make and customize your own Jason mask. Whether it be for all Jasons or not, I think it would be a cool feature, especially if they maybe make a new "custom" Jason, like the tom savini one. He could have rugged clothes or even a selection of damaged and destroyed clothing and such, and even have the customizable masks. Thoughts?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HANGINTHERE said:

I think it would be cool if you could make and customize your own Jason mask. Whether it be for all Jasons or not, I think it would be a cool feature, especially if they maybe make a new "custom" Jason, like the tom savini one. He could have rugged clothes or even a selection of damaged and destroyed clothing and such, and even have the customizable masks. Thoughts?

There would be some awesome ones made but they would be heavily outweighed by purposely stupid designs meant to troll, grief or break any possible immersion.

I say no thanks.

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

There would be some awesome ones made but they would be heavily outweighed by purposely stupid designs meant to troll, grief or break any possible immersion.

I say no thanks.

Well they'd only be allowed to make it with certain things that the devs themselves make, so it would be harder to troll

Just now, HANGINTHERE said:

Well they'd only be allowed to make it with certain things that the devs themselves make, so it would be harder to troll

Feels like it'd be a slippery slope.

If the mask had a pre-set amount of customization then it couldn't be used to grief or troll like putting a dick on it or something. Like say number and color of chevrons, base color, shape from which film, stuff like that.

13 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Feels like it'd be a slippery slope.

9 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If the mask had a pre-set amount of customization then it couldn't be used to grief or troll like putting a dick on it or something. Like say number and color of chevrons, base color, shape from which film, stuff like that.

Basically what VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said to sum it up. So no Trolling or anything like that

if you really need an explanation as to why that is a stupid idea, you clearly have never played a game that allowed user-designed content.....

2 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

if you really need an explanation as to why that is a stupid idea, you clearly have never played a game that allowed user-designed content.....

Can't say how many dick and balls i've seen on the side of tanks or jets in battlefield 4

^^^^^he knows whats up

not to mention fascist bullshit ....

4 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

Like we stated before, you'd only get specific things that the devs allow you to use. One color mask but with many different color options, different style/shape types (obviously not very different from each other but maybe with some cool differences. You would not be allowed to just draw a dick on Jason's mask.

1 minute ago, IH8YH said:

^^^^^he knows whats up

Yeah, i've learned that with user generated content, people will always find a way to make dicks.

1 minute ago, IH8YH said:

^^^^^he knows whats up

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Can't say how many dick and balls i've seen on the side of tanks or jets in battlefield 4

True that, IHeartBreakerl. But read the above, please.

Just now, HANGINTHERE said:

True that, IHeartBreakerl. But read the above, please.

If Gun can do the impossible and come up with a way to have user generated content AND make it dickless, i'm game.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

If Gun can do the impossible and come up with a way to have user generated content AND make it dickless, i'm game.

They'd never even allow that. Degrading Jason is a big no-no to Gun.

2 minutes ago, HANGINTHERE said:

Like we stated before, you'd only get specific things that the devs allow you to use. One color mask but with many different color options, different style/shape types (obviously not very different from each other but maybe with some cool differences. You would not be allowed to just draw a dick on Jason's mask.

the same as with GTA Online Crew Logos, Battlefield Logos etc..... and theres dicks and all everywhere.
Even with the most rudimentary low-key tools ever, people will do stupid crap

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They would have to manually review and approve EVERY SINGLE thing someone draws.... and even in a game with a small user base, thats a full time job.

6 minutes ago, HANGINTHERE said:

They'd never even allow that. Degrading Jason is a big no-no to Gun.

well, they did allow NES Jason ;) Just kidding, while it may have been degrading at the time of the NES game, now it's F13 history and i'm glad to have him in the roster.

But again players will still find a way to implement dicks. They always do. 

Additional note: I love that the internet is so bad that when we talk about people making their own content, the conversation immediately goes to dicks.

4 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

They would have to manually review and approve EVERY SINGLE thing someone draws.... and even in a game with a small user base, thats a full time job.

Yeah this is another reason I think it's unlikely. Microsoft recently added a way to set your own gamer picture. Pretty cool, I added a photo that suits my name.

After playing 1 game of multiplayer in Battlefield 1 someone made it to the top 3 so his profile along with gamer picture displayed. Can you guess what it was? Yep. More dicks. And Microsoft actually has full time employees to approve and disapprove of custom gamer pictures for this exact reason.

Granted, it's still in Beta. But it's still not good if even one of those slip through. 

12 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

No, that ISN'T what I'm talking about.
They would give stuff you can use and only stuff you can use. One color for for the mask and just different pre-made shapes. Nothing else.

and THAT would not be enough for it to be an interesting addition to the game.

pretty boring feature if you cant do anything with it really

even with premade shapes.... people would try and succeed making dicks and stuff

He's not saying let people draw on the mask, he means everything would be kind of like RPGs where cystomization has a preset level of detail. Something like:

Shape:

-Part 3

-Part 6

-Part 7

-Part 8

Base Color

-Almond

-Gray

-Yellow 

-Brown

Number of Chevrons 

Chevron Type(forehead and cheeks independently selectable)

-Part 3

-Part 6

-Part 8

And so on. No way to create dicks or nazi swastikas from that.

2 hours ago, IH8YH said:

even with premade shapes.... people would try and succeed making dicks and stuff

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

He's not saying let people draw on the mask, he means everything would be kind of like RPGs where cystomization has a preset level of detail. Something like:

Shape:

-Part 3

-Part 6

-Part 7

-Part 8

Base Color

-Almond

-Gray

-Yellow 

-Brown

Number of Chevrons 

Chevron Type(forehead and cheeks independently selectable)

-Part 3

-Part 6

-Part 8

And so on. No way to create dicks or nazi swastikas from that.