Supercurt7

HOST LEAVING...

36 posts in this topic

No joke, I know this has probably been said over and over again... But host leaving really kills everything! !  Twice in a row that's happened to me as Jason!  And it really annoys me... I'm sure I'm not alone in this...  it's getting old quick...  I hope yall are checking this lol for real...

1 person likes this

I had exactly this happen to me today in a game as Jason

5/7 Counselors killed, then I proceeded to kill the 6th, who coincidently was the host, he didn't like getting killed, and left, so with 6/7 killed, I loose all the experience I would have gained, loose all my kills, and 15 minutes of game play for nothing. You really need to look at the host leaving scenario, and implement a system where host is passed to a random player in the group instead if kicking EVERYONE from the group, and taking away ALL EXPERIENCE gained over the last 15+ minutes

3 people like this

At the very least, allow the match to close and give remaining players their earned xp/cp

1 person likes this

Yeah while other things like jason's grab and friendly fire need to be adjusted...  This one needs to take the highest of priority.  It's getting to the point now where u always have to think twice about killing the host because of this crap.

I'm surprised something like this would even exist, or at least not be fixed quickly. Like you mentioned Arc no one likes wasting their time! 

Yeah, it's incredibly frustrating. Sat in a lobby through 7 games last night, not spawning as Jason - Finally on the 8th I get my chance, and spawn as Jason. I trap the phone box, lock down the cars with traps, teleport to the next power box - You have been kicked, Host has left the session.

Now it's back to waiting in line to play Jason again in another 5-8 games until another host leaves

You are going to start losing players before you hit the 1 month mark on this game, because the things that need addressing are major issues

2 people like this

Once they get host migration working, this should end up being a non-issue. Hopefully that's soon.

1 person likes this

Really, how is host mitigation not in this game?! It's freakin 2017 people! This should have been in since launch.

1 person likes this

This is unbearable. As Jason, you make the perfect game, full of beautiful shift kills and stealth kills where you pop inside the house right before the counselor closes the door; you're 7/8 with over 12 minutes left. Then, the little whiny kid gets mad that he got wrecked and leaves the game, making me lose all of my hard earned CP. As great as this game is, these developer gaps make it almost unplayable. Ban these bastards already, don't even give them a second chance. Unbelievable.

1 person likes this

Yeah getting real tired of this. 3 of my last 5 matches as Jason have ended by host leaving and Ive lost out on 4/6/3 kills and all associated bonuses and points. Additionally played maybe a half dozen matches this week while either still running, already dead or escaped and the host leaves, leaving me out several thousand more xp for sure.

This needs to be fixed asap, one little prick leaving early should not punish 7 other so harshly. 

Wrap up the match and hand out points for whats already happened if you must, if host migration isnt working currently, but get this done. 

Agree here. This is probably my single biggest issue with the game. The long stretches of waiting for players have gotten better, my game doesn't crash to the dashboard nearly as frequently either and even those frustrating as they were aren't as big of a deal as this is.  I do have to wonder the more I think about it though, how many hosts rage quit after dying not realizing it will end the match for everyone else? Is it possible they are just unaware and think the game will go on without them vs. waiting 15 minutes watching other people play or are they being buttholes and killing the match because they are butthurt? As said host migration is a thing a lot of other places so....

I just want to collect my XP for the match:(

I was just having a great game as AJ.  I was doing it all.  I installed the battery and gas in the car, had the keys and the fuse and I put gas in the boat when the host quit, making all my hard work for not! :angry:

On ‎2017‎年‎6‎月‎17‎日 at 0:13 AM, Arcanecynic said:

I had exactly this happen to me today in a game as Jason

5/7 Counselors killed, then I proceeded to kill the 6th, who coincidently was the host, he didn't like getting killed, and left, so with 6/7 killed, I loose all the experience I would have gained, loose all my kills, and 15 minutes of game play for nothing. You really need to look at the host leaving scenario, and implement a system where host is passed to a random player in the group instead if kicking EVERYONE from the group, and taking away ALL EXPERIENCE gained over the last 15+ minutes

And to think that he didn`t even receive a participation trophy before he left.

If you`re Jason, and not the host of the lobby, you had better hope the host is at least 35 years old.

Snowflakes don`t do so well in things like this game.  Or the real world.

2 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

If you`re Jason, and not the host of the lobby, you had better hope the host is at least 35 years old.

Indeed - We had an 11 year old, spawned as Tommy the previous match, proceeded to team kill 2 people with the shotgun on purpose, then the next match he spawned as Jason - 7/7 escaped, he didn't quit, but wow, I have never heard a child scream that much, it was like a violence incarnate. "Aaaaaaaahhh!!!! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE! I HAAATE YOUUUUUUU! STOP MAKING FUN OF MEEEEE!!!" then we heard random violence in the background that sounded like a keyboard getting flung around into other inanimate objects

It was a thing of beauty though, and to be honest, we were all mocking him, purely because he went out of his way to team kill in the previous games, then kept chirping the people that he killed. Revenge is sweet, especially on kids that should be climbing trees, not playing 18+ titles.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I’m 28 and I host a lot of games and I never quit on anybody 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Arcanecynic said:

Indeed - We had an 11 year old, spawned as Tommy the previous match, proceeded to team kill 2 people with the shotgun on purpose, then the next match he spawned as Jason - 7/7 escaped, he didn't quit, but wow, I have never heard a child scream that much, it was like a violence incarnate. "Aaaaaaaahhh!!!! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE! I HAAATE YOUUUUUUU! STOP MAKING FUN OF MEEEEE!!!" then we heard random violence in the background that sounded like a keyboard getting flung around into other inanimate objects

It was a thing of beauty though, and to be honest, we were all mocking him, purely because he went out of his way to team kill in the previous games, then kept chirping the people that he killed. Revenge is sweet, especially on kids that should be climbing trees, not playing 18+ titles.

And this is not hyperbole. I've heard hundreds of online rants and bellicose verbiage, but the stuff I hear from the squeakers nowadays is not just anger-venting, but some seriously unhinged shit. Like, mental illness crazy. Shrieking, voice cracking, heavy panting, violence in the background, things getting hit, etc. 

America created a generation of gutless pantywaists and they're just getting started. If they are this triggered at this young age on an unimportant video game, just wait until they're older and have access to drugs, alcohol, and guns.

If anyone has a time warp machine back to the late-70's when Yacht Rock was getting started, I want in!

45 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

And this is not hyperbole. I've heard hundreds of online rants and bellicose verbiage, but the stuff I hear from the squeakers nowadays is not just anger-venting, but some seriously unhinged shit. Like, mental illness crazy. Shrieking, voice cracking, heavy panting, violence in the background, things getting hit, etc. 

America created a generation of gutless pantywaists and they're just getting started. If they are this triggered at this young age on an unimportant video game, just wait until they're older and have access to drugs, alcohol, and guns.

If anyone has a time warp machine back to the late-70's when Yacht Rock was getting started, I want in!

It's a growing problem indeed, I mean if you think about it, lets use the 80's and the 90's as example - If mom and Dad wanted some alone time, an afternoon nap, or some quiet reading time, they would send the kids outside to go fling rocks at each other, kick a ball around, or play Cowboys and Indians, while occasionally checking on them to make sure they are not breaking any bones - If they could still walk after playing outside, it was okay, and even the socially awkward kids, would build puzzles, or make their GI-Joe's murder one another, or something twisted that might make a child psychologist flinch, but it was still in the comfort of their own homes, and if you were being disrespectful to an adult, you got a beating, and the reality check of "respect your elders"

Now, and I blame the parents here, it's so much easier for them to say "Go play your video games" and leave the kids in a room with Internet access, unsupervised, and able to take out their excess energy/frustrations online in various different methods, from games to social media, and instills a false sense of confidence in many cases, which is where I believe the keyboard warrior was born. Where the weirdo kids would have normally kept to themselves in a dark room, writing morbid poetry, they can now insult, bully or torment others online without suffering any form of consequences, which is why most of these teens act like self entitled brats who can speak to adults as they see fit, throwing around some of the most hate filled comments that would shock anyone.

1 hour ago, Arcanecynic said:

It's a growing problem indeed, I mean if you think about it, lets use the 80's and the 90's as example - If mom and Dad wanted some alone time, an afternoon nap, or some quiet reading time, they would send the kids outside to go fling rocks at each other, kick a ball around, or play Cowboys and Indians, while occasionally checking on them to make sure they are not breaking any bones - If they could still walk after playing outside, it was okay, and even the socially awkward kids, would build puzzles, or make their GI-Joe's murder one another, or something twisted that might make a child psychologist flinch, but it was still in the comfort of their own homes, and if you were being disrespectful to an adult, you got a beating, and the reality check of "respect your elders"

Now, and I blame the parents here, it's so much easier for them to say "Go play your video games" and leave the kids in a room with Internet access, unsupervised, and able to take out their excess energy/frustrations online in various different methods, from games to social media, and instills a false sense of confidence in many cases, which is where I believe the keyboard warrior was born. Where the weirdo kids would have normally kept to themselves in a dark room, writing morbid poetry, they can now insult, bully or torment others online without suffering any form of consequences, which is why most of these teens act like self entitled brats who can speak to adults as they see fit, throwing around some of the most hate filled comments that would shock anyone.

We can get their alone. 

Let's be clear, some people think this doesn't happen on PC, it does.  even with "dedicated servers" I've went after a guy shit talking on AJ and when I'd run him out of stamina he changed his tone "well this is a shame, I'm out of stamina" and the game just froze and everyone was kicked.

last week I had driven the car out solo as Tiffany (I thought everyone got back in but apparently not, my whole UI was washed out from fear), I thought I was going to get "the Unlikely Final Girl" achievement finally.. and just as Jason was grabbing the last counselor... connection to host lost.

Has this happened to anyone else on PC or is it really just me?

Let Jason get the exp from the kill and let the player leave if they do not want to sit the extra 10 to 15 minutes of spectator or wait for a chance to be Tommy.  Simple as that.  I do not see why Jason and the counselors have to wait until the round is over to get the exp.  My pc has a so so power supply and there has been rounds il doing awesome and my computer decides to reboot.  All that work and effort for nothing... oddly it also happens when I have the fuse.

12 minutes ago, Neonseraphim said:

Let Jason get the exp from the kill and let the player leave if they do not want to sit the extra 10 to 15 minutes of spectator or wait for a chance to be Tommy.  Simple as that.  I do not see why Jason and the counselors have to wait until the round is over to get the exp.  My pc has a so so power supply and there has been rounds il doing awesome and my computer decides to reboot.  All that work and effort for nothing... oddly it also happens when I have the fuse.

I do think a lot of people would go ahead and let the kill happen first (letting Jason get xp) before leaving if they weren't going to get shafted out of 500xp if they didn't spectate, but we still need host migration to prevent connection to host lost crashes when they do leave after dying.

I stopped playing this game because of this. Until they fix it the game is broke as far as I'm concerned. How are you going to develop a game that is only multiplayer and have no type of host migration in 2017. Not to mention lobbies still crash for no reason at all. What a joke!

1 person likes this

Set it to transfer the host privileges over to whoever had the strongest connection precious. Simple.

Everytime that I am winning this game, I get kicked or betrayed. I paid them 60 dollars, just to rat out cheaters it feels like, because its all I get to do in this game.

Not always down to hosts leaving. With all the memory leak issues etc it's unfair to blame host for leaving when you don't know if their game crashed or not. So until they fix the memory leak issue we will have to sit tight and put up with the disconnections/host quits or whichever you believe it is.

On 8/12/2017 at 11:48 PM, Unclebunt said:

Not always down to hosts leaving. With all the memory leak issues etc it's unfair to blame host for leaving when you don't know if their game crashed or not. So until they fix the memory leak issue we will have to sit tight and put up with the disconnections/host quits or whichever you believe it is.

Actually, it is almost always down to the host leaving. When I'm killing the host and the screen goes black and says "You were kicked - Host left the game" that is not a memory leak issue. You could poll thousands of players who are having the same problem, it's not saying "Connection to host lost" or anything else. Whenever this happens, next lobby I enter I'll ask if anyone else has this issue and the answer is a resounding "Yes". I try hosting my own lobby and yesterday and see two different people chosen twice apiece to play as Jason before played as him even once. I have no idea how many matches it would have taken before I played as Jason because I quit playing after 12 matches.