Super Ty

The Future Of The Halloween Franchise?

I've seen several articles now saying that Dimension Films has lost the distribution rights to the Halloween franchise. Personally, I think it's great news for the future of the franchise! Since Dimension took over 20 years ago, it's been one horrific movie after another. Under the Dimension banner we've had Halloween 6, H20 (the only decent movie out of this whole bunch), Resurrection, and the horrific Rob Zombie versions. Wouldn't it be amazing if Paramount picked it up?! Probably won't happen but I can dream right? Regardless of where it ends up I think it could be great for the franchise in the long term.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3374609/halloween-shocker-dimension-no-longer-controlling-michael-myers-exclusive/

• Like 3

Yes I saw this too and I dared not get my hopes up but that would be great indeed if new line or paramount picked it up!!

I was pumped when I heard that Rob Zombie was going to do a Halloween Movie...Then I saw it in the theater and was very disappointed. In fact I have never seen H2 and don't want to. I hope someone does this franchise justice or don't do it at all.

I am glad Dimension has lost the rights to Halloween I am still far from feeling safe as far as where the franchise might be headed considering the article said that New Line is shopping it around. I just have this sick feeling in my gut that the franchise might be hanged over to Platinum Dunes.

I for one welcome our new prospective insect overlords!

i prefer Robot Overlords (which was strangely enough a pretty good movie!)

Im a fan of Halloween it would be great if Paramount got the rights.But years ago paramount sold Friday the 13th to another Company.It would be cool in my opinion for Halloween and Friday the 13th  to be on Lionsgate films.Look how long its taking paramount to make a new Friday the 13th movie.

Im a fan of Halloween it would be great if Paramount got the rights.But years ago paramount sold Friday the 13th to another Company.It would be cool in my opinion for Halloween and Friday the 13th  to be on Lionsgate films.Look how long its taking paramount to make a new Friday the 13th movie.

Who even has the Friday the 13th rights anymore? I thought Warner had it. Do they own Paramount?

In any case, I'm happy to hear Halloween is going to someone else. While I kinda liked Rob Zombie's films as stand-alone slasher movies, they don't make very good entries in the Halloween series. Here's hoping we get some crossover action out of this.

Well Paramount got the rights back for Friday the 13th like two years ago.Out of all these companies Lionsgate films takes horror seriously.

I would love to see lionsgate get the rights Ive enjoyed all horror movies ive seen made by lionsgate

Well Paramount got the rights back for Friday the 13th like two years ago.

The rights to Jason. Paramount has always owned Friday the 13th, but Warner Bros obtained the rights to distribute the movies, which is why we finally got a box set of the whole series instead of just the Paramount/New Line owned ones. Paramount loses the rights to Jason in 2018 as part of a deal with New Line involving Christopher Nolan's movie Interstellar .

The Rightsdeal that involved distribution rights for Interestellar involved Halloween, not Friday The 13th. as far as i know.

These are some pretty random news for me.

They should leave the Halloween franchise alone, they've already ruined it enough.

• Like 1

http://www.slashfilm.com/halloween-franchise-rights/

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet

But basically Halloween is being shopped around I personally don't expect a Halloween movie this decade , this year will make it the biggest gap between the franchise ever, nice going Rob Zombie you killed a franchise that was already barely hanging on by a string. When I heard about this back in late December I thought it was a sure thing that would be picked up right away considering its freaking Halloween! But so far not many people are showing much interest which is incredibly heart breaking I honestly hope lion gates gets it because they seem the most likely too whore it out with constant releases every few years :/ what do you think about this obviously eventually someone will grab it, but for right now it's definitely not a top priority do you think we can expect a Halloween by the end of this decade?

*EDIT* which by the way, most likely means no Halloween Returns, Too bad I really like the Prison idea, being trapped with Myers in a prison sounds Scary as fuck. And looking at the Halloween movies Dimension has been involved in I'm not sad too see them lose it, it just sucks waiting for ever for another Halloween and this had re sparked the crossed over craze alot of people are wanting Michael Vs Jason which I'm not particularly interested in.

I've seen several articles now saying that Dimension Films has lost the distribution rights to the Halloween franchise. Personally, I think it's great news for the future of the franchise! Since Dimension took over 20 years ago, it's been one horrific movie after another. Under the Dimension banner we've had Halloween 6, H20 (the only decent movie out of this whole bunch), Resurrection, and the horrific Rob Zombie versions. Wouldn't it be amazing if Paramount picked it up?! Probably won't happen but I can dream right? Regardless of where it ends up I think it could be great for the franchise in the long term.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3374609/halloween-shocker-dimension-no-longer-controlling-michael-myers-exclusive/

who would you like to see it go too? It's definitely not a high priority though which sucks

I would love for Paramount to pick it up. But I get the feeling that if they wanted it, they would have made a move by now. Jason vs. Michael always made more sense to me than Freddy vs. Jason, mainly because the two are so much alike. I'd be one of the first in line if that were to every happen.

I would love for Paramount to pick it up. But I get the feeling that if they wanted it, they would have made a move by now. Jason vs. Michael always made more sense to me than Freddy vs. Jason, mainly because the two are so much alike. I'd be one of the first in line if that were to every happen.

yeah i would definitely see it, but I wouldn't have high expectations for MVJ although a shared universe would be cool and with all the marvel and DC shit going on it'd be the best time for it, I'm routing for Lions Gate though

Personally, I have never been a fan of these ridiculous horror legend crossovers, it takes too much from both, leaving neither one delivering. But if I had to choose a battle of the horror heavyweights, I'd go with Jason Vs Leatherface, like the Topps comic I have from years back. The killers are both big, strong, and maniacal, and Leatherface has his crazy smaller brothers backing him up, offsetting Jason's regenerative ability. Halloweens Michael Myers was scary because, he wasn't that big, kind of skinny actually, yet just as strong (as in real cases of people who are insane), and very ghostly because of inhuman endurance making him very fast (like the ninjas of feudal japan), also his robotic walk and stalk. Halloween Returns being cancelled will be a bummer, but of all the horror franchises, Halloween had the most serious undertones IMHO, and was the scariest damn movie I've ever seen to this day, after 40+ years of drive in, theater horror. Mostly because it was an attack on the psychological (the fear of the dark, what's under the bed thing) reality in each of us. Therefore, only someone with Carpenter's vision, should come within 100 yards of the franchise. Unfortunately, not many film makers or writers have that kind of talent, so in my minds eye, Michael died THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME, after part 2. Call me old school.

only someone with Carpenter's vision, should come within 100 yards of the franchise. Unfortunately, not many film makers or writers have that kind of talent, so in my minds eye, Michael died THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME, after part 2. Call me old school.

No, I feel the same way the first two are my favourite and theres no question about it Michael Myer's died at the end of halloween II, I like the other films but carpenter made that clear. the funny thing is the man was drunk when he wrote the second and its alot better then the rest of them. I always felt halloween was a series with in a series

Saga 1 (Carpenter)

Halloween

Halloween II

Halloween III

Saga 2 (3 Didn't work and we need money so lets bring myers back/Cult Of Thorn )

Halloween IV

Halloween V

Halloween VI

Saga 3 (Post Scream )

H20

Saga 4 (zombie)

Halloween remake

Halloween 2 remake

Its gone through 4 different phases the Zombie one was definitely the midlife crisis of Halloween lets hope who ever gets it next treats it with respect I still haven't read anything about it being picked up though.