4 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

What's "external" nc? You're right though, the mic's pretty good. It doesn't pick up noise easily although it's also a question of the right settings in the corresponding menu.

Just like you said, its mic is designed to pick up just the voice of the person wearing the headset, and ambient noise in the room isn't picked up as easily.  Loud noises obviously will still be heard, and I don't know how loud JohnnyKapow's parrot is lol, but it might still pick that up.

Some of my frequent friends I play games with used to complain about my old headset picking up EVERYTHING in my apartment, including when the AC would kick on or neighbors were vacuuming.  With the PLaystation Gold headsets it's just good solid crisp voice from me, and almost nothing else.  

Here's a good article on how the term "noise cancelling" is used among the audio-phile community.  I'm not a HUGE audio-phile, but I am a musician and play with a great deal of audio equipment, including microphones for live audio and audio recording sessions.

https://blog.jabra.com/noise-cancellation-in-headsets-what-exactly-is-it/

18 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I do not hate on people who don't have mics, but I do leave games when people don't have them.

I find my chances of survival much higher if we verbally communicate. 

This.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bigurn said:

So I see a lot of bad comments not only on these forums but forums in general with bad or negative comments regarding players who chose not use mics. People have said they ruin games and whatnot which is funny as some of these people are the same people who use exploits in games. What about the deaf community I ask? The other day I got in a match and the first thing I heard was someone saying waggot(well it sounded like that but started with a different letter) as he was talking about someone who had just left apparently and then he asked the room anyone got mics? When no one answered him besides his 2 friends he said yuck y'all people complained about how no one uses mics and left. The other day this 9 year old kid called someone a what sounds like trigger but ain't spelled the same...9 years old. I just would like to see a little less hate and more understanding for those who don't use them as maybe they have good reason.

Deaf people can definitely talk. Don't know who told you they can't. ? 

20 hours ago, Bigurn said:

So I see a lot of bad comments not only on these forums but forums in general with bad or negative comments regarding players who chose not use mics. People have said they ruin games and whatnot which is funny as some of these people are the same people who use exploits in games. What about the deaf community I ask? The other day I got in a match and the first thing I heard was someone saying waggot(well it sounded like that but started with a different letter) as he was talking about someone who had just left apparently and then he asked the room anyone got mics? When no one answered him besides his 2 friends he said yuck y'all people complained about how no one uses mics and left. The other day this 9 year old kid called someone a what sounds like trigger but ain't spelled the same...9 years old. I just would like to see a little less hate and more understanding for those who don't use them as maybe they have good reason.

5 hours ago, shwag said:

and to think j pops had words with me for something far less then this lol. great examples though :-p

Ya know, if they weren't made out to be such horrible, terrible, dreadful, shocking, grisly, harrowing, vile, unspeakable career ending words then little kids probably would have just stuck to the four letter words that used to be bad. Overreaction, like the OP, causes these kids to scream such words simply because people think they're SO offensive. :D

46 minutes ago, iTok3 said:

Often they'd prefer to sign or write though as with being deaf you can't hear yourself.  This means controlling volume and tone of voice is difficult which often makes your voice sound odd.

Such being the case, many deaf people are self-conscious about speaking in groups due to such.

17 minutes ago, LSU04_08 said:

Ya know, if they weren't made out to be such horrible, terrible, dreadful, shocking, grisly, harrowing, vile, unspeakable career ending words then little kids probably would have just stuck to the four letter words that used to be bad. Overreaction, like the OP, causes these kids to scream such words simply because people think they're SO offensive. :D

"Made out to be". Yeah. If you want to see how truly offensive such words can be to people, I suggest that you try spouting racist or homophobic slurs infront of black or gay people, in real life.

You act like the majority of micless players are deaf. That's statistically improbable. 90% of the public matches I've been in were silent. And no, I won't degrade you for it, but I will say how silly it is. When you choose not to use a mic in this game, you are being selfish. You are making the game less enjoyable and frustrating for others. This isn't a loner style game.

This is akin to playing an FPS game with objectives and rather than attempting to complete them, you're too concentrated on your KD instead.

It's like playing basketball and instead of passing to an open teammate, you choose to attempt to split through the defense and take the shot yourself.

It's like playing paintball and instead of calling out the location of the opponents, you keep to yourself.

It's like pleasuring yourself when your significant other is thirsty for some action.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EuroTrasho said:

"Made out to be". Yeah. If you want to see how truly offensive such words can be to people, I suggest that you try spouting racist or homophobic slurs infront of black or gay people, in real life.

Relax, you completely proved my point while you ran right past it. 

27 minutes ago, iz2sick said:

You act like the majority of micless players are deaf. That's statistically improbable. 90% of the public matches I've been in were silent. And no, I won't degrade you for it, but I will say how silly it is. When you choose not to use a mic in this game, you are being selfish. You are making the game less enjoyable and frustrating for others. This isn't a loner style game.

This is akin to playing an FPS game with objectives and rather than attempting to complete them, you're too concentrated on your KD instead.

It's like playing basketball and instead of passing to an open teammate, you choose to attempt to split through the defense and take the shot yourself.

It's like playing paintball and instead of calling out the location of the opponents, you keep to yourself.

It's like pleasuring yourself when your significant other is thirsty for some action.

I'd be highly pissed off... 

1 hour ago, LSU04_08 said:

100% this, words are just words, people should a grown thicker skin by now, but alas it is more paper thin that at any other point of human history.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shwag said:

[Content Removed]

I sure did! ;)

14 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Jason threw her

She jumped out. Watch again. ;)

He just looks out window til he realizes it didnt kill her

12 minutes ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Hey Lucky! I was gonna throw you an invite last night but didn't see you on. I'm on almost every night from 9:30 to 12:30 central time... 

Yea. Im off n on when gotta take/pick up wife to work n depends on my 2 yr old if i play at all. I usually work mornings so am on almost nightly. Sometimes wife is louder than kid when they play lol. Ill b on around 5ish. Its 2:20ish now. SE Iowa boy here.

19 minutes ago, LSU04_08 said:

Hey Lucky! I was gonna throw you an invite last night but didn't see you on. I'm on almost every night from 9:30 to 12:30 central time... 

Will have to get wife tonight around 8-9 or so

22 minutes ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Looks like being thrown out of a window to me.  She landed on top of a car, she was dead.  You're thinking of another character I think I remember the scene too.  But it wasn't Tina Moore. Maybe one of the final girls like Chris Higgins or Trish Jarvis?  Btw, full scene here: 

Deaf people can actually talk? Wow total mind blown right there..moving on. At the end of the day yes words are just words but at the same time you must also have respect for the gravity such words have and the history attached to them. As stated this thread had nothing to do with me (there is a mute option) so by chance you hurt my ever so sensitive feelings I can just mute you, the point of thread was really about how does a player not using a mic somehow hurt your gaming experience. Many a thread has been littered with people saying that micless player's suck and they ruin the game ext

In the doc Crystal Lake Memories the actress talks about that scene and refers to Jason throwing her out of the window. 

She was murdered. No suicide.

Just now, Luckystrike2778 said:

Yea. Im off n on when gotta take/pick up wife to work n depends on my 2 yr old if i play at all. I usually work mornings so am on almost nightly. Sometimes wife is louder than kid when they play lol. Ill b on around 5ish. Its 2:20ish now. SE Iowa boy here.

Awe hell, one of the guys I play every night with is from Iowa... I always wait until my wife goes to bed, and my baby is always asleep by 9, he's a log like me. Anytime I see you online in the game though, I'll shoot you an invite. 

26 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Looks like being thrown out of a window to me.  She landed on top of a car, she was dead.  You're thinking of another character I think I remember the scene too.  But it wasn't Tina Moore. Maybe one of the final girls like Chris Higgins or Trish Jarvis?  Btw, full scene here: 

Yeah, Jarvis is the other one. She gets cornered and leaps out of the window to save herself.

34 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Yeah, Jarvis is the other one. She gets cornered and leaps out of the window to save herself.

Yea. Trish jarvis is who i was talking about. I said Trish not tina.. The twin was in a bedroom looking out and yes he threw her out and she landed on the stationwagon. But i was talking about Trish not the twin this whole time. :P

• Like 1

Come to think of it, having two girls in nothing but shirts and panties diving out of second-story windows in the same film is strange. You would never get away with that in a film today. Someone whether it's the producer or an exec would send a note back saying, "This is a double beat. Didn't a girl already get thrown out a window whose first name also starts with a "T"? Let's do something different here."  Guaranteed.

41 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Now see? Underwear and a button down shirt. Why can't that be an outfit?