Hey, so I have an idea for pockets knives, I think you should be able to use pocket knives like they are now, but also have another way to use them during a grab, it would be extreme risk for high reward. When Jason grabs you and you have a pocket knife, you could hold down the button for using the knife to start one of those QTE circles, this QTE would be based off of strength and composer, rather than intelligence and repair. If you succeed in the QTE without failing more than ounce, you stab Jason in the eye or something, stunning him for a much longer time and maybe weakening his sense ability for 15 sec or so. But if you fail, you lose the pocket knife and lose the ability to mash to break Jasons grip, this also greatly increases Jasons timer on his grip before you break out automatically, so Jason can walk around with you as long as he needs. Also during the QTE circle Jason could not walk with the counselor or execute them because a struggle animation would start. What do you guys think?

Jason already gets completely stunned and immobilized by a pocket knife for over 5 full seconds, and then his abilities / sprinting / and vision are impaired for additional seconds afterwards and you want to FURTHER increase the possibility of stun time on Jason?

Sorry, but that's a bad idea.

Pocket knives are extremely strong items (hence why they're limited to 5-6 per map) and literally activate automatically without you having to do any button press or timing / skill responses of any kind. There's no way pocket knives should receive any kind of buff.

Pocket knives should honestly be reworked to make it more fun for both sides. Right now they're one of the most dull and binary items in the entire game. You just pick them up and then don't have to interact with them at all for them to instantly bail you out of Jason's grab automatically, or you can use them on a trap (which is somewhat creative at least).

What do I think?

Nope. 

The only change I think needs to be added is that it should be a slight bit easier (and thus possible) to escape the grip without a knife. The way it worked in the initial launch was good in my opinion.