Sign in to follow this  
iTok3

Xbox patch is downloading!!!

Every patch so far has been about 3.5 gb on Xbox. You're just redownloading the game with updates. 

So every PM I have tried to join (about 20 ) has given me an error . Could not retrieve game connection details. 

Give it time. Lots of people are downloading the update right now. Prolly making things run slower. 

Does anyone know if this is THE update because their twitter is silent and nobody seems to be talking about it

edit: they posted on twitter about it, my timing is so off

I'm sure its THE update, and the F13th Game Support Twitter has acknowledged it and said to stay tuned.

Dollars to doughnuts, that means someone like Ben or Wes is currently typing up what the patch does, to post on Twitter and Facebook and here. 

I have a PS4 and when we got a large update last week it reset all of the perks for the counsellors and all of the kill choices for Jason.

When you go to play remember to check and make sure that your counsellors still have their perks selected and that Jason is ready to go as well.

Hope it works for you guys! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maelbolgia said:

Awesome.  Crossing fingers this cleans up the crashes. 

This.

Just now, Kidchaos831 said:

I don't really keep up with FB or Twitter has there been any talk of adding Host Migration?

Yes, there has been.

11 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yes, there has been.

future patch I am hoping ? Quick Matches seem to be working fine now other then host leaving . 

They really need to focus on Matchmaking. I was a streamer who plays on PC. He finds a match using Quick in about six seconds. I have sat for fifteen minuets last week trying  it

Somebody who has tested the patch please give us the heads up:

1) How is the crashing/disconnects now?

2) Is quickplay P2P? Or dedicated like on steam?

7 minutes ago, bcbuddy said:

Somebody who has tested the patch please give us the heads up:

1) How is the crashing/disconnects now?

2) Is quickplay P2P? Or dedicated like on steam?

1) haven't experienced any crashing 

2) Seems it's still P2P only disconnects I have gotten are from hosts who quit because they don't get to be Jason

Haven't played yet, but I've seen people on Twitter say that their game is still crashing. I hope this isn't true. -_-

Mine never crashed on Xbox to begin with. Probably because I always quit out of all other apps. The Xbox One sometimes starts to do weird things if you don't do that..

Since the patch when I go into quickplay I am put into a lobby by myself...

Haven't gotten any crashes yet. Fingers crossed bc that was the most annoying thing this game kept doing it me.

Matchmaking still isn't working for me. I search get put into a lobby with just me, no one joins.

Patch notes:

UPDATE JUNE 14TH - Xbox Matchmaking Update has gone live.

Hi all! We've been hard at work and wanted our next update to be a positive one for you all here on Facebook. Our team has been working non-stop on this update and we're in a place where things are far more stable. To be frank; we're still monitoring memory-leak issues, but the vast majority of users should be getting into games quickly via Quick Play with far fewer instances.

Apologies from our team are in order for this wait and our thanks for the patience that we've been granted from our fans. It's a long, tough road for issues such as this, but you guys are heard and we are working as fast as possible to improve your experience. We are thankful that so many of you find the game to be very fun when you play, that's always our goal, so we've worked tirelessly to ensure that every single person is getting to enjoy that experience.

Exploits that users reported are being removed. This patch is the first batch of some major ones we identified, while PS4/Steam will be getting a larger set of exploit fixes coming.

Our team has been taking a lot of feedback into account from fans, so this update has a lot of exploit fixes and we've added a more severe penalty to counselor team-killing. This penalty will go live with the other versions of the game on their next respective patches. As for other griefing/harassment concerns; we are looking into a report feature to ensure that users that go far and away beyond acceptable behavior are taken care of. We will have news on that in the coming weeks.

For those on PS4 and Steam; we have updates planned quickly, mainly for exploit fixes and a perk-selling exploit that will be resolved with our patch. We are aiming for this week on Steam and next week with PS4, however we would like to remind users that this is not set in stone. Another stability patch for Xbox One is already lined up with even more fixes, but we're here to get those users that had to wait a better experience. Stay tuned for an announcement on what we plan to do for everyone coming soon!

PATCH NOTES

New Features
-Increased betrayal penalty from -200 XP to -1000 XP per kill
-Added gamma slider
-Added extra confirmation when the host tries to leave a match, informing them it will end the match or close the lobby for everyone

Improvements
-Greatly improved matchmaking search times
-Improved backend reliability
-Reduced movie playback stuttering on host
-Closed off a lot of spots that only counselors could get to on all maps
-Decreased initial load times (can skip videos about halfway through now)
-Improved pickup reliability for Jason’s throwing knives
-Disabled navigation on the talking player list
-Improved camera returning to the player when leaving a hide spot or kicking out of a grab
-Improved Jason morph point reliability
-Reduced chance for characters to float when killed

Bugs
-Fixed a number of memory leaks causing crashes
-Fixed crashes when trying to spawn Tommy Jarvis
-Fixed items floating when dropped
-Fixed highlight not going away on grab kill selection
-Fixed PhD in murder achievement
-Fixed stat tracking for all achievements
-Fixed a number of memory leaks causing crashes
-Fixed Deborah's DLC clothing showing up for everyone
-Fixed dead body not showing up for clients
-Fixed window showing wrong position for open/close on host
-Fixed interactions get out of sync from client and server causing players to be stuck
-Fixed counselor not showing up in grabbed state all the time
-Fixed being able to run through hide spots just after leaving them
-Fixed getting stuck in a hide spot that someone else is leaving
-Fixed sometimes not being able to kill someone in a hide spot
-Fixed getting stuck in a cabin near Packanack when barricading the door
-Fixed counselors escaping while being murdered near the police

At this point, why does friendly fire even exist in the game? Is it to make it more difficult for players to swarm Jason/force him to release a held counselor? Or I guess I should say, what is the perceived value add of having this mechanic in the game, and what purpose is it suppose to serve, when the XP penalty is so harsh as to absolutely deter it ever coming into play?

Just now, Maelbolgia said:

Yeah that's pretty harsh.  Don't get in my line of fire or jump in front of the car.

Most games as counselor i barely break 1k xp as well. Unless I have a really good round by calling the cops and escaping by car.