Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Since I have been playing I have seen two distinct categories for Jason, not including new players to the game.

The ones who just play for fun, who don't care if some people escape, who stalk and toy with their victims, who don't care about being stunned and like to act like the real Jason. 

The ones who just play to win, who care if someone escapes, who want to kill every person as quickly as possible, who zig zag and avoid getting hit at all costs.

 

I have seen people talk about "bad" Jason's on steam forums. I have yet to see one. Just different play styles. Since this is not a competitive game and it doesn't really matter if people escape or all die I'm not sure why people would think anyone is bad at playing as Jason. Unless they are new to the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm bad at chasing characters with good stamina who use furniture and obstacles to attempt to annoy me.

I like to play Jason in character...meaning I don't taunt counsellors and attempt to keep the fear levels high. Sometimes I'll go into Stalk mode so they don't hear the music and just stare at them until they notice me, then I give chase. Makes things more fun.

Not playing this to win money...I'm playing for my own enjoyment and to hopefully show others a good time as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I'm bad at chasing characters with good stamina who use furniture and obstacles to attempt to annoy me.

I like to play Jason in character...meaning I don't taunt counsellors and attempt to keep the fear levels high. Sometimes I'll go into Stalk mode so they don't hear the music and just stare at them until they notice me, then I give chase. Makes things more fun.

Not playing this to win money...I'm playing for my own enjoyment and to hopefully show others a good time as well.

Same as me, I do like when people play together and just have fun over desperately trying to win.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a poor Jason player, so right now I am playing to win for the sake of improvement. Y'can't play with your food if you can't catch it, and such.

That said, it depends on how the counselors are acting. My default is silent stalker, but if the cousnelors are constantly stunning me/mocking or trolling, I get frustrated. If they're being chatty or casual, I'm playful and friendly. I will compliment a good maneuver.

Last night one counselor started begging "no no please no no" and I just had to ask "Has that ever worked, in the history of ever?" Another game, I was chatting with the last player as I chased, because the game had been so buggy--they called Tommy and he ddin't show up, the car crashed and got stuck and they couldn't even get back in it, etc. That, and the player was less than happy about me putting 3 traps on the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I'm Jason, I'm Jason! lol... begging me doesn't work. Promising you'll spare me if you spawn as Jason later doesn't work. I'm a silent killing machine damnit! :)

I try to get into character and enjoy the ride. If I'm a counselor, I whisper on walkie talkie, warn others if Jason is nearby, drop items if it will help before I die telling others where they are, etc. I laugh, I freak out... it just makes a more tense and fun experience! 

But when I'm Jason young Skywalker.... you will die! mwahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just do what mother says....

My first 5 minutes or so is usually spent placing traps, breaking windows and doors, and destroying some power boxes.  I rarely chase much at least until I get shift.  Other than that, it's kill for mother!   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savini - First portion of the game is spent morphing to important locations and placing traps. 2 at each car/boat, 1 at the phone box. From there I will cut out the power around the map and chop down doors until I get my shift. Once I have shift, all cards are off the table. 

This is when I will hunt the counselors and start picking them off. If they attempt to escape, I have traps to warn me. And from there I can go around the map without worrying about the escape methods and kill them all. 

Played 3 Jason games yesterday. All 8/8.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Savini - First portion of the game is spent morphing to important locations and placing traps. 2 at each car/boat, 1 at the phone box. From there I will cut out the power around the map and chop down doors until I get my shift. Once I have shift, all cards are off the table. 

This is when I will hunt the counselors and start picking them off. If they attempt to escape, I have traps to warn me. And from there I can go around the map without worrying about the escape methods and kill them all. 

Played 3 Jason games yesterday. All 8/8.

Does your savini have 5 traps? I think mine has 3

I always play different but my objective is to kill everyone. I like hiding in cabins and waiting for people to come in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savini gets 5 traps.

My favourite play is savini and part 8. The destruction perk is crazy for keeping fear high on counsellors and early in the game after you trap objectives, you can just wreck cabins down until you get shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always grab the 2 knives from the shack, morph to the phone box, and then toy with whoever is nearby until Morph cools down. Typically don't kill anyone at this point or relentlessly pursue. Just like to keep them busy and distracted. Then morph to the 4-seater. Then it's seek and destroy, but not relentlessly. I like to go for lone wolves or people who are a direct threat (like someone with a battery or phone box fuse).

If no one has anything, I seek out people I can get the drop on. If someone is putting up a good fight, I'll usually toy with them a bit then let them go and try to find someone I can get the drop on. It's all about the scare for me, or if I can get a good environmental kill.

I usually only kill someone in the first few minutes if it's just too good to pass up. For example, sometimes I'll morph to the fuse box, drop a trap, then see someone running into a nearby cabin through the front door, and I'm close to the back. In that case, if they don't lock the back door in time, I like to causally stroll in and catch them off guard. But if they lock both doors, I won't engage in a hot pursuit.

Of course, my play style doesn't lead to a lot of clean house sweeps. In most of my games, 1 or 2 counselors will escape, but I make them earn it. I just have a lot more fun when there's more suspense and more back and forth.

As a counselor, tactics vary on where I start and what I find within the first couple minutes. If I find a set of car keys but nothing else, and have no idea what anyone else has found, I'll usually drop the key next to a car (if nearby) before heading off to search for more things, since it's likely I'll never make it back to the car alive, and it gives someone else a chance to get the car going.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Does your savini have 5 traps? I think mine has 3

I always play different but my objective is to kill everyone. I like hiding in cabins and waiting for people to come in. 

Mine has 5. I assume this will be corrected, I heard there's a patch for XB1 today so who knows.

I like doing the same. I'll chase someone until they start going up to a cabin. When they open a door I combo shift+stalk and enter the cabin before they close the door. I quickly head to a another room in the house and wait. I love that they unknowingly barricaded themselves in with me. Whenever they turn a corner and scream makes it all worth it.

Edit: Here's an example: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lHeart Breakerl/video/32502580

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to play Jason in character, I turn off my mic so I'm completely silent I do not talk to them what so ever, I will stand there and just stare down counselors when I break down a door. and just be as relentless as possible. but when first starting off a match, I usually collect my knifes and morph to the phone and cars to set my traps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stalk my prey never rushing as I have plenty of time, plus I want my kills to feel jasonish. Sometimes I will pretend the counselor has outwitted me or whatever or try to appear confused only to set up a better or more interesting outcome. The trend I see in mostly all Jason's is when the police show up they teleport right to bridge or exit, big mistake,  which they usually learn quickly as the counselors escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing I would change for playing Jason is whom ever gets picked the mic and headphone is turned off throughout the match.Just so no councillors can bargain or sell people out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

random jason select before match, end up always being part 2 or 3 jason.... so much for random...

head over to the phone box, hear friends whine cause they started at that cabin, trap phone box break some windows and leave to trap the cars or the boat. 

come back to the phone box and tell said player(s) why are you even still here ? you played with me enough to know i am coming back.... 

kill the crap out of my friend(s) by the phone box cabins. normally by this time i hear the car trap go off port to the car rinse and repeat hacking and grabs. 

check the map for the boat to see if it is moving since there is no sound cue for it still :-/ 

if the boat is moving tip those fuckers out and check to see if any of them are aquaman. 

by this time we see if anyone is alive, i hope it is not that one prick who runs around the long table thinking he is hot shit, chase the shit talker who thinks he is amazing at the game for running around the table like a dweeb, i go by the front door and walk to the side, hit shift power and port behind him and hack him up cause daddy shwag has no time for his pocket knife tricks. 

8/8 GG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ja1862 said:

Since I have been playing I have seen two distinct categories for Jason, not including new players to the game.

The ones who just play for fun, who don't care if some people escape, who stalk and toy with their victims, who don't care about being stunned and like to act like the real Jason. 

The ones who just play to win, who care if someone escapes, who want to kill every person as quickly as possible, who zig zag and avoid getting hit at all costs.

 

I have seen people talk about "bad" Jason's on steam forums. I have yet to see one. Just different play styles. Since this is not a competitive game and it doesn't really matter if people escape or all die I'm not sure why people would think anyone is bad at playing as Jason. Unless they are new to the game.

Great post.

The problem is there are people out there where this is a win or lose game and there's no gray area. You escape you win. By any means necessary. XP be damned. As Jason it's all about murdering as many and as fast as you can. And boy do they get upset if things don't go their way. Grab is too OP, melee kills are what trolls do. Rage quit. There are already guys out there basically claiming they have the game mastered and there's no point playing anymore. You're playing wrong if you don't do this as Jason. 

It is what it is but I'm not sure some of those guys understand the type of game this was supposed to be. Replay-ability is supposed to be high because you can play different roles almost every single match. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the game is much more entertaining when played for fun.  If you really badly want to win as Jason you usually can, but it's often a dull time for everyone (except the person stomping them I guess, I dunno, doesn't seem like a great time to me even then).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

Savini gets 5 traps.

My favourite play is savini and part 8. The destruction perk is crazy for keeping fear high on counsellors and early in the game after you trap objectives, you can just wreck cabins down until you get shift.

Part 8 is boss man, right there with you. I always trap objectives starting with the phone and then patrol around the area looking for victims. I get really into wanting to wipe everyone out, but don't sweat it if I have a bad round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I have a bad round, I don't get upset, it happens, some times things just fall in the counselors favor perfectly , like being spawned next to the phone box and the fuse being IN the same house.  If my round is horendous, then i just aim to have a better round next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...