JohnnyKapow

Ideas for incorporating Roy into the mix

1 minute ago, DarthFLEX said:

Jason is already OP (in a good way) and now you want to add another killer into the match? The likely hood of surviving is already low in this game... having to deal with 2 killers taking out the power to cabins, smashing windows/doors and trapping objectives and also increasing our fear? You're adding a huge disadvantage to the laundry list of disadvantages going against the counselors by HOPING that Jason and Roy will battle each other to the death for the rights to kill counselors. 

I'm sorry but this is a disaster waiting to happen. The developers made a great game regarding the mechanics and how it is supposed to be played. This suggestion would throw an awkward kink into the game and undo all thoughtful insight that went into designing it.

There shouldn't be 2 in the match at the same time, just a spawn option for either a dead counselor or Roy.

8 minutes ago, tjohnnyblue said:

There shouldn't be 2 in the match at the same time, just a spawn option for either a dead counselor or Roy.

Yeah, if you read the original post.... it is suggested that a dead/escaped player is chosen at random to respawn as Roy. How would there NOT be 2 killers at the same time? I have yet to be in a game where anyone killed Jason legit. So when would Roy ever get into the game? Also, if a group managed to somehow kill Jason (legit) they have used up almost all the resources and bodies in order to pull it off. Having Roy spawn in right after would just mean a guaranteed death as there is nothing left for counselors to use.

1 hour ago, DarthFLEX said:

Yeah, if you read the original post.... it is suggested that a dead/escaped player is chosen at random to respawn as Roy. How would there NOT be 2 killers at the same time? I have yet to be in a game where anyone killed Jason legit. So when would Roy ever get into the game? Also, if a group managed to somehow kill Jason (legit) they have used up almost all the resources and bodies in order to pull it off. Having Roy spawn in right after would just mean a guaranteed death as there is nothing left for counselors to use.

I was referring to the reversal of that theory, Roy is the Jason skin and another 1 comes in after Roy is dead since he was more humanized....2 killers 1 Round not at the same, since its suggested many times throughout this topic about having 2 Jasons in the same round...

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If you're going to respawn as part 6 Jason then just play as part 6 Jason!! This is not a very complicated issue. Simply make Roy his own Jason skin that operates the exact same as any other Jason with a unique setup of strengths and weaknesses. That's it. That's all it needs to be. And replace the shack with Roy's ambulance with his dead son in the back and all is right as rain. Done. Discussion over. No special respawns, no fruity extra abilities, no removing of shift and morph, no dying with one gunshot, none of that. Roy should operate as Jason because as far as the plot of part 5 is concerned, he is Jason.

"Oh he can't regenerate and he died and never came back," those are character traits, not plot. Plot is the progression of events from beginning to end. If Roy is established to be mortal as a character, but does something in the plot that is not mortal(Like when he "morphed/shifted" in front of Reggie), then plot-wise Roy can do the same things Jason can aside from come back from the dead.

This is very f--king simple, people.

Never thought it was a complicated issue to begin with...In total agreement with you here...I couldn't care less if he had an ability to spawn or not if he were ever put this game. Simply offering a possible method for those that think nobody would use him simply because he's more humanized and the same goes for Mrs. Vorhees. 

@tjohnnyblue please do not double post. I have merged your posts. If you would like to add onto somethibg without conversation inbetween please use the edit button. 

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If you're going to respawn as part 6 Jason then just play as part 6 Jason!! This is not a very complicated issue. Simply make Roy his own Jason skin that operates the exact same as any other Jason with a unique setup of strengths and weaknesses. That's it. That's all it needs to be. And replace the shack with Roy's ambulance with his dead son in the back and all is right as rain. Done. Discussion over. No special respawns, no fruity extra abilities, no removing of shift and morph, no dying with one gunshot, none of that. Roy should operate as Jason because as far as the plot of part 5 is concerned, he is Jason.

"Oh he can't regenerate and he died and never came back," those are character traits, not plot. Plot is the progression of events from beginning to end. If Roy is established to be mortal as a character, but does something in the plot that is not mortal(Like when he "morphed/shifted" in front of Reggie), then plot-wise Roy can do the same things Jason can aside from come back from the dead.

This is very f--king simple, people.

I'm with you.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

@tjohnnyblue please do not double post. I have merged your posts. If you would like to add onto somethibg without conversation inbetween please use the edit button. 

Apologies and thank you.

The only tweak to having him be another Jason skin is that in order to kill Jason you need to use the sweater. Obviously makes no sense here. 

I would say instead that his shack is just a house with ambulance in front of it. In order to kill him you would need another way to do it 

• Like 2

On the topic of Part 5, can we have a new gameplay mechanic implemented in which one counselor can relieve fear of another counselor by singing to him through the outhouse door?

"Ooh baby, hey baby!"

21 hours ago, 7theye said:

The only tweak to having him be another Jason skin is that in order to kill Jason you need to use the sweater. Obviously makes no sense here. 

I would say instead that his shack is just a house with ambulance in front of it. In order to kill him you would need another way to do it 

Yeah, as I dissuced here 

I suggested that the sweater should be replaced with an item related to his son Joey, like his hoodie.

I also suggested that the narrator for Roy should be Joey's voice as he is his motivation. Just like how I would expect Pamela to hear a young Jason's voice in her head if they ever make her playable.

On June 17, 2017 at 11:57 PM, 7theye said:

NO!!!!!!

Part V: Roy pretended to be Jason and killed people. He didn't overlap with Jason or fight with him or kill with him. 

Tommy Jarvis was also not a time traveller, but he can show up on the Crystal Lake map in the year 1979. 

If he can do that, then Roy and Jason can overlap during a match.

1 hour ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Tommy Jarvis was also not a time traveller, but he can show up on the Crystal Lake map in the year 1979. 

If he can do that, then Roy and Jason can overlap during a match.

There is no reason to have two killers in a game where one is already overpowered. 

Roy does not need new mechanics or game modes to be in this game. He just has to be what he already was in his movie, a Jason stand in.

• Like 1

Just now, JasonVsWindows said:

There is no reason to have two killers in a game where one is already overpowered. 

Roy does not need new mechanics or game modes to be in this game. He just has to be what he already was in his movie, a Jason stand in.

Way to drop a logic bomb on my awesome thread. Now it's RUINED!

And you're probably right. 

Still doesn't excuse time travelling Tommy. ;)

On 2017-06-18 at 2:52 PM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

3 words -

Belt

Tree

KILL!

BTK!!

Floppy disk as well?

The only difference between the mechanics of Jason and Roy should be:

1. Changing the mental voice (Roy does not listen to Pamela, could be the voice of his son or himself longing for revenge)
  2. The Shack (could be an ambulance next to a corpse somewhere in the map)
  3. The final scene (with Roy returning to his ambulance and lamenting the death of his son)
  4. The sweater (no idea how to change it, but the sweater should not appear if Roy is chosen) and how to kill him (Tommy Jarvis may still be involved).

But definitely, he must be a selectable killer since the beginning of the game, no two murderers simultaneously.

PS: Anyway, I think over time (months or next year) the mechanics of several Jason should change, giving us the possibility that not all die the same way and with other intros. For example:
Jason part 2, 3 and 4 can continue spawning in the shack with the mother's head.
Jason Part 6 Should Leave The Cemetery
Jason part 7 and 8 should get off the chains and leave the lake

Here's something I made last night. I posted it in the FALLOUT 4 thread, but I thought you Roy fans might appreciate it :).

5ZXREaD87ykrPOg=

• Like 2

I didn't read every post so of this is a duplicate, I apologize, but Roy could be summoned through a betrayal. The betrayed character, only 1 pet match, gets a faux Jason and the person who betrayed them is lit up like Jason's sense. He has basic Tommy Stats, carries a machete, and is unable to escape or win via timeout or police. He is only there to stalk and kill the one who betrayed the counselor, though others are fair game if he wants. 

On 6/14/2017 at 10:11 AM, Roy Burns said:

I can drive, I'll run over those counselors with my ambulance. They will not escape my grasp for letting my Joey die!

more like the WHAM-bulance!

I would LOVE some Roy Burns action. I think giving him a real long stalk, a faster normal run, and far less shift and morph would be a decent balance. maybe give him ability to go through windows....that would be interesting to have one jason who can go through windows.

I wouldn't mind at all having Roy in the game, as a new skin or an upgraded Tommy like character. I hope if it ever does happen they can get the rights to His Eyes, to play on the radios in the cabins.

4 hours ago, Jason From Part VI said:

I wouldn't mind at all having Roy in the game, as a new skin or an upgraded Tommy like character. I hope if it ever does happen they can get the rights to His Eyes, to play on the radios in the cabins.

YES!

the band that did that song played near where i live couple years back.

I would love to have Roy. This is my vision. He can take repair parts and move it someplace else. He can take the fuse and keep it, he can't shift, he starts out with a map, he can't morph, but he shows up on the map as a counselor dot. Basically he can do anything a counselor can do except repair cars and boats or call the cops or Tommy.  The only time he can morph is if someone calls the cops and give it a 50/50 chance of either the cop car shows up or it's an ambulance and if it's the ambulance then he can morph right there. I don't mind him hiding because that would be funny if he was hiding and then someone came in and he came out. Randomly the F13th music should play not when Roy is around or when he is. In the cutscene show a different Jason so we know it's not part 5. I mean we already have counselors killing other counselors so why not have Roy! As someone else said too, someone can play as Jason and then when Tommy is called then Roy also shows up sometimes. Then there is both the imposter Jason and real Jason. LOL! 

As someone else stated, I think it's more trouble than what it's worth and all of these ideas sound too convoluted and/or too difficult to implement.

I'm all about making Part 5 a skin, but I'd rather stick to Jason variants who are actually Jason (and make sense), without tweaking the formula of the game.

If Roy is to be in the game at all, I'd like to see him implemented in sort of the same way as Tommy Jarvis.

You could have Joey roaming around the map as an NPC with a chance to randomly wander to your objectives and mess with them (remove the battery, siphon the gas, take off the propeller, break the fusebox, etc.) if you leave him alive. If you kill him, however, he is guaranteed to drop a part. If the team does choose to kill him, an escaped or dead player comes back as Roy and hunts down the counselors along with Jason. Unlike Jason, however, Roy can be killed via normal means. Whoever kills him (Jason or Counselor) gets a ton of XP and, if you do it enough times, a special achievement.