Jump to content
JohnnyKapow

Ideas for incorporating Roy into the mix

Recommended Posts

Good ideas but matches are only 20 minutes and at most 8 kills are up for grabs each match. Limitations abound with no easy answer to accommodate most of the player base which something like this would take :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Good ideas but matches are only 20 minutes and at most 8 kills are up for grabs each match. Limitations abound with no easy answer to accommodate most of the player base which something like this would take :(

Good point.

Way to crush my dreams you dream crushing dream crusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Good point.

Way to crush my dreams you dream crushing dream crusher.

Hehe.  Now something like this would be awesome at a gaming event and they make a special tournament type thing with double the players on map and a 88 to 90 minute timer like in a full movie.  Alot would have to go into organisation and temp coding but it is a tourney I would try my damndest to be in :)

So there is still some hope at least. This would make gun and il and sony alot of dough and maybe even a gamer or two._. Plus number 1 slayer title for the game? How bout that idea?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Hehe.  Now something like this would be awesome at a gaming event and they make a special tournament type thing with double the players on map and a 88 to 90 minute timer like in a full movie.  Alot would have to go into organisation and temp coding but it is a tourney I would try my damndest to be in :)

So there is still some hope at least. This would make gun and il and sony alot of dough and maybe even a gamer or two._. Plus number 1 slayer title for the game? How bout that idea?

Ok, a little of my self esteem came back. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard enough to live past Jason let alone two killers at once. Besides it would make zero sense to have Jason kill fake Jason or them duking it out as Roy would probably be scared shitless by real Jason. He is better off as a skin only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I am not a fan of Part 5, but I know there are lots of people who are. People have been wondering about the incorporation of Roy into this game somehow. Hear me out if you want...

The devs could treat Roy like Tommy Jarvis, in that a dead or escaped player is randomly picked to come back as Roy who is obviously disguised as Jason in his Part 5 skin. They could just give Roy the EXACT same stats as Tommy. Give him the Stalk and Morph abilities and a few traps. Have him start with a machete but give him the same ability as Tommy and the counsellors in that he can change weapons as he finds them if he chooses and he always starts with a pocket knife and a first aid spray.

Roy would have NO Jason water abilities. He's not able to be stunned as he's basically Tommy with a few extras, so when he fights it's kill or be killed. This way he'd still be a threat but a manageable one, and some counsellors might mistake him for Jason and just run away so as to add to the confusion and fear.

It's then up to Roy to take down the counsellors, and Jason if they wanna attempt it. And Jason would wanna take out Roy because Roy is stealing his kills.

You'd then have a chaotic time as Jason, Roy, Tommy, and the counsellors would all be on the map and it would be a giant murder fest.

Give him his own badge(s) to unlock as well, like "Kill Stealer", "Heeeeere's ROY!", etc.

Just a thought.  

I'm sorry, but I absolutely cannot rewatch part V and seeing Roy in this game would traumatize me pretty badly. You are a really, really evil person for suggesting this.

Plus Gun needs to actually fix their game before thinking about adding new characters (they shouldn't even be thinking about single-player at the moment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitchtastic said:

I'm sorry, but I absolutely cannot rewatch part V and seeing Roy in this game would traumatize me pretty badly. You are a really, really evil person for suggesting this.

Plus Gun needs to actually fix their game before thinking about adding new characters (they shouldn't even be thinking about single-player at the moment).

It's not my idea...it's been around on the boards for a while. Just thought I would make a suggestion as to how they could do it if they decided to...which they more than likely won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Benallan17 said:

Ok go watch the movie again. He wears a random hockey mask. He doesn't have super-strength or any special skills/powers. Roy is a regular human who blew a fuse in his head and went on a killing spree.

I wanna see you get hit by a tractor and walk it off. Let alone a deep chainsaw cut.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My one issue with your Roy is my Daddy perk, is that then we will just have a mess of players standing around looling for Jason to kill them or killing themselves on windows to try to become Roy ASAP.

An that kind of behavior will become so toxic, couple that with party players where one guy just has his buddy TK him so he can become Roy whilst his friend finds a map an then relays to Roy via party chat where everyone is at, at all times.

 

Not trying to be a debby downer, just thinking about ways to exploit this idea.

Other then that though i do love this concept ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

My one issue with your Roy is my Daddy perk, is that then we will just have a mess of players standing around looling for Jason to kill them or killing themselves on windows to try to become Roy ASAP.

An that kind of behavior will become so toxic, couple that with party players where one guy just has his buddy TK him so he can become Roy whilst his friend finds a map an then relays to Roy via party chat where everyone is at, at all times.

 

Not trying to be a debby downer, just thinking about ways to exploit this idea.

Other then that though i do love this concept ideal.

Debby: "Well, it's official...I can never have children..." 

*Wah waaaaahhhhh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Debby: "Well, it's official...I can never have children..." 

*Wah waaaaahhhhh*

Hey! Theres no crying in baseball!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Roy should just be a new Jason skin with a unique set of stats just like every other Jason.

Yep. He is Jason for 95% of the film. Folks have a hard time accepting he was as strong and adept at murder as a human Jason.

3 hours ago, Roy Burns said:

I wanna see you get hit by a tractor and walk it off. Let alone a deep chainsaw cut.

...and walk through a door like it's not there.

Roy's a beast. He deserves to be a "Jason skin".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say for the developers to create a Pinehurst map and make it so that Roy is the main villain from the start and the only way to "kill" him is for  Tommy to show up and "wake up" Jason from the graveyard, because only Jason would be able to kill Roy. Maybe Tommy could wake him up the way he does in the movie with a spear to the chest that lightening strikes. Jason could start without his mask and only the morph ability. For every counselor he kills he unlocks another ability. This would pit him in a race against Roy to kill the counselors to either keep Jason weak or make him stronger.

Roy would be max stats like Tommy, with Stalk and Sense only, plus the ability to Sprint, Swim Fast (but like a counselor not like Jason in red orb form), Throw Knives and Set Traps. Not sure if Roy should be able to Grab though... 

I would add, Roy starts with the Fuse for the Phone Box. 

So a typical match would play out like this: Counselors avoid Roy (who starts with the Spear) and search for the Radio to call Tommy. Tommy uses the shotgun to stun Roy, who drops the Fuse and the Spear. Counselors run off to call the police while Tommy takes the Spear to "wake up" Jason (who, like Tommy, is played by an already killed player.) Counselors can possibly use the car and boat to travel around the map quicker, but they can't actually escape in them. The only escape is the cops. Jason hunts counselors to get his strength back or he can go straight for Roy to get his mask back. Jason and Roy can go toe to toe, but Jason is unkillable. So it's up to Roy to stun Jason and run off after the counselors. Jason wins if he kills Roy. Roy wins if he kills all the counselors. Counselors win if they call Tommy, Tommy stuns Roy, they call the cops (maybe like a 10min wait before they arrive) and they escape both Jason and Roy.

Anyway, that's my spin on your cool idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pjthines said:

I would say for the developers to create a Pinehurst map and make it so that Roy is the main villain from the start and the only way to "kill" him is for  Tommy to show up and "wake up" Jason from the graveyard, because only Jason would be able to kill Roy. Maybe Tommy could wake him up the way he does in the movie with a spear to the chest that lightening strikes. Jason could start without his mask and only the morph ability. For every counselor he kills he unlocks another ability. This would pit him in a race against Roy to kill the counselors to either keep Jason weak or make him stronger.

Roy would be max stats like Tommy, with Stalk and Sense only, plus the ability to Sprint, Swim Fast (but like a counselor not like Jason in red orb form), Throw Knives and Set Traps. Not sure if Roy should be able to Grab though... 

I would add, Roy starts with the Fuse for the Phone Box. 

So a typical match would play out like this: Counselors avoid Roy (who starts with the Spear) and search for the Radio to call Tommy. Tommy uses the shotgun to stun Roy, who drops the Fuse and the Spear. Counselors run off to call the police while Tommy takes the Spear to "wake up" Jason (who, like Tommy, is played by an already killed player.) Counselors can possibly use the car and boat to travel around the map quicker, but they can't actually escape in them. The only escape is the cops. Jason hunts counselors to get his strength back or he can go straight for Roy to get his mask back. Jason and Roy can go toe to toe, but Jason is unkillable. So it's up to Roy to stun Jason and run off after the counselors. Jason wins if he kills Roy. Roy wins if he kills all the counselors. Counselors win if they call Tommy, Tommy stuns Roy, they call the cops (maybe like a 10min wait before they arrive) and they escape both Jason and Roy.

Anyway, that's my spin on your cool idea.

Would much rather see him knocked off the second story of the barn by Tommy onto spikes,  then have Tommy taking a piece of the fence at the cemetery and finding a gravesite to interact with to make the kill officially count. A 2 spawn round with someone coming back as Jason after Roy's death to try to kill Tommy and anyone else remaining. A beat the clock type situation that might also encourage spectators that have been killed to stick around and watch. So you would cover 3 movies by this by simply changing a couple skins, enhancing the barn a bit and the possibility of a new Jason and hero counselors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's this "Roy Jason didn't have supernatural powers malarkey?" Roy picked up Violet with one arm. He blew through a door like he was made of grenades. Roy obviously used morph when Pam and Reggie ran from the main house, through the woods, and ended up at his ambulance where he just popped up out of nowhere, ahead of them. Roy took a ton of damage and just kept on coming. Maybe he channeled the spirit of Jason?

I would love to see a Roy Jason in the game. I like Part V. It took guts for them to make a sequel without the real Jason. Sure, they did it for Halloween, but for different reasons, and I like that one too.

Just give him Can Run, Sense, and Stalk, with an emphasis on Stalk as strengths. Less Hit Points, Grip strength, Defense could be his weaknesses. He's not going to be killing trained fighters here, just dumb kids and scared adults who think he's the real Jason. It's very doable.

Besides, a Pinehurst map with Ethel's farm, and maybe the trailer park would be great. They could even include Ethel and Junior as killable or even hostile characters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2017 at 8:12 PM, JohnnyKapow said:

I am not a fan of Part 5, but I know there are lots of people who are. People have been wondering about the incorporation of Roy into this game somehow. Hear me out if you want...

The devs could treat Roy like Tommy Jarvis, in that a dead or escaped player is randomly picked to come back as Roy who is obviously disguised as Jason in his Part 5 skin. They could just give Roy the EXACT same stats as Tommy. Give him the Stalk and Morph abilities and a few traps. Have him start with a machete but give him the same ability as Tommy and the counsellors in that he can change weapons as he finds them if he chooses and he always starts with a pocket knife and a first aid spray.

Roy would have NO Jason water abilities. He's not able to be stunned as he's basically Tommy with a few extras, so when he fights it's kill or be killed. This way he'd still be a threat but a manageable one, and some counsellors might mistake him for Jason and just run away so as to add to the confusion and fear.

It's then up to Roy to take down the counsellors, and Jason if they wanna attempt it. And Jason would wanna take out Roy because Roy is stealing his kills.

You'd then have a chaotic time as Jason, Roy, Tommy, and the counsellors would all be on the map and it would be a giant murder fest.

Give him his own badge(s) to unlock as well, like "Kill Stealer", "Heeeeere's ROY!", etc.

Just a thought.  

I think a dead or escaped person should come back but is not helping counsellor he is helping Jason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

I think a dead or escaped person should come back but is not helping counsellor he is helping Jason 

That's not the idea, the idea is that he is neither on Jason or the counsellors' side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could even go for like a 1 v 1 of Tommy vs Roy. Do a best of 5 rounds. Every time Tommy loses he gets an extra counselor to help the next match. Every time Roy Roy loses he gets to "channel" more of Jason's spirit and unlocks one of Jason's abilities. By the final round Tommy has a gang of counselors and Roy has become a full blown Jason, raging thru doors , shiftgrabbing and morphing around the map. Doesn't have to make complete sense, lol. Just another game mode besides quick play to mix it up a little.

Edit: Yes I just realized by the last round it's no longer 1 v 1, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

What's this "Roy Jason didn't have supernatural powers malarkey?" Roy picked up Violet with one arm. He blew through a door like he was made of grenades. Roy obviously used morph when Pam and Reggie ran from the main house, through the woods, and ended up at his ambulance where he just popped up out of nowhere, ahead of them. Roy took a ton of damage and just kept on coming. Maybe he channeled the spirit of Jason?

I would love to see a Roy Jason in the game. I like Part V. It took guts for them to make a sequel without the real Jason. Sure, they did it for Halloween, but for different reasons, and I like that one too.

Just give him Can Run, Sense, and Stalk, with an emphasis on Stalk as strengths. Less Hit Points, Grip strength, Defense could be his weaknesses. He's not going to be killing trained fighters here, just dumb kids and scared adults who think he's the real Jason. It's very doable.

Besides, a Pinehurst map with Ethel's farm, and maybe the trailer park would be great. They could even include Ethel and Junior as killable or even hostile characters.

Finally! Someone who understands me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

But here is the most important question.

Will unmasking him reveal his real face underneath like it did in the movie?

Why wouldn't it? It wouldn't be revealed but for a split second only anyway when he landed on spikes anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 7:49 AM, Benallan17 said:

That's not the idea, the idea is that he is neither on Jason or the counsellors' side.

Who's side is he on then please tell cause I'm  confused af right now

 

It's just my opinion that Roy should be with Jason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Who's side is he on then please tell cause I'm  confused af right now

The idea is that he's on his own side. He can try to go after Jason OR counsellors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...