JohnnyKapow

Ideas for incorporating Roy into the mix

I am not a fan of Part 5, but I know there are lots of people who are. People have been wondering about the incorporation of Roy into this game somehow. Hear me out if you want...

The devs could treat Roy like Tommy Jarvis, in that a dead or escaped player is randomly picked to come back as Roy who is obviously disguised as Jason in his Part 5 skin. They could just give Roy the EXACT same stats as Tommy. Give him the Stalk and Morph abilities and a few traps. Have him start with a machete but give him the same ability as Tommy and the counsellors in that he can change weapons as he finds them if he chooses and he always starts with a pocket knife and a first aid spray.

Roy would have NO Jason water abilities. He's not able to be stunned as he's basically Tommy with a few extras, so when he fights it's kill or be killed. This way he'd still be a threat but a manageable one, and some counsellors might mistake him for Jason and just run away so as to add to the confusion and fear.

It's then up to Roy to take down the counsellors, and Jason if they wanna attempt it. And Jason would wanna take out Roy because Roy is stealing his kills.

You'd then have a chaotic time as Jason, Roy, Tommy, and the counsellors would all be on the map and it would be a giant murder fest.

Give him his own badge(s) to unlock as well, like "Kill Stealer", "Heeeeere's ROY!", etc.

Just a thought.  

It's a possible addition which honestly could be quite cool but it's all about HOW he gets incorporated into the game. He could be, as you said, like Tommy in the way he spawns, but at the same time it could be more trouble than it's worth.

I'm not arguing with you at all...but what do you mean "more trouble than it's worth"? Could you be more specific because maybe there's something obvious that I am overlooking that makes my idea unworkable. 

for now i would rather have new councillor type characters since this could hopefully give people less of a reason to quit if they're not Jason.

But Roy and Pam can hopefully make it in the game. Pam could have her jeep? They can die by wounds and guns unlike Jason but it would add a new element to the game

It's not what you're overlooking, it's just that for this to happen, there's gonna need to be some way for him to be called or triggered, then he needs his own abilities/stats/skills etc. and as we all know, Roy went insane over the death of his child, he didn't have any special 'powers'.

However, would you agree with, in true Roy fashion, a random death could cause him to spawn? Since movie-wise he kills after his daughter dies and she isn't in the game.

Also, if his role is to be like in the movies, could him killing everyone count as a win or what? Would he still need to escape or die? It's these small questions that are the problem.

I have brought this up before many times while playing.

Roy can be a seperate Jason skin, just like a Pamela skin.

He uses a Machete or axe, buth there are lots of axes, and has possible road flares as a kill or throwing weapon?

New map, that has the halfway house, the rednecks house, Demon's trailer park, and the final barn.

Additional girl to look like Pam.

Possible activation like Tommy Jarvis (one person is random child of Roy? person dies Roy shows up, but Jason can still kill Roy.

12 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

It's not what you're overlooking, it's just that for this to happen, there's gonna need to be some way for him to be called or triggered, then he needs his own abilities/stats/skills etc. and as we all know, Roy went insane over the death of his child, he didn't have any special 'powers'.

However, would you agree with, in true Roy fashion, a random death could cause him to spawn? Since movie-wise he kills after his daughter dies and she isn't in the game.

Also, if his role is to be like in the movies, could him killing everyone count as a win or what? Would he still need to escape or die? It's these small questions that are the problem.

Like I said, give him the same stats as Tommy, no special powers (aside from morph and stalk, NO shift or sense), has to swim in water like the counsellors, etc. 

Maybe give the counsellors a perk called "Roy's my Dad" so that the first person to die with this perk re-spawns as Roy. 

He wouldn't be able to escape, but he can survive by running out the clock. And he'd be a priority target for Jason because he's kill stealing.

And the thing that is easier about including Roy over Pamela is that Roy would just be a new Jason skin. Pamela requires a whole new model with new motion capture...i believe. 

I like all of this besides the morph, since he's a human, not some superhuman like Jason. I like the idea already but if you take away that, I'm 100% in support of your idea.

I just thought to include morph because in Part 5 he still had the element of surprise. 

Maybe give him morph that either recharges at half the speed or have him only able to use it once per match...so that if he spawns far away he can use it to jump into the middle of the map as a nice way of saying hello.

Something like that yeah. 

I think that keeping him vulnerable but with a few extras would make for a very interesting character and would add a lot to the matches. And if he's only accessible through the use of a perk by a counsellor then that means you could play a bunch of matches without ever seeing him, then all of a sudden you're like "TWO JASONS??? WTF???"

There would have to be some sort of incentive to make him wanna kill the counsellors and not help them go after Jason. Like say, he gets double XP for each counsellor killed, and if he fights Jason he immediately gets an XP reward. That might deter people from just using Roy to help their friends escape. The whole purpose of him would be to add another threat for counsellors AND for Jason, not to help either.

Roy should be the quintessential "lone wolf" during a match.

Alright, yeah. I'm 100% for this getting added. There have been so many games where this could have helped make it more fun and interesting.

• Like 1

The character of Roy...

- Same stats as Tommy (maybe with a few more hit points)

- Movement speed same as Tommy

- NO Jason water abilities

- Limited Morph usage

- CAN use stalk for sneaking

- DOES inspire fear the same as Jason

- NO rage ability

- 1.5 times as many hits to destroy doors as Jason

- CAN break windows

- Starts with 1 or 2 pocket knives and 1 or 2 health sprays

- Able to switch weapons

- Two traps

- Throwing knife ability

- Only accessible by deceased counsellor through EPIC perk "Roy is my Dad"

- Can only appear ONCE per match, so first come first served

- Double XP for counsellor kills as incentive

- Several hundred point XP reward for engaging Jason and successfully STUNNING him

- CANNOT stop the car by standing in front of it and will take damage if attempted

- Weak grab

- Limited grab kills of two handed choke and eye gouge or a weapon grab kill 

- If stabbed in neck with pocket knife loses half hit points thus making use of grab a big gamble

- Can use environmental kills

• Like 2

Though I'm not against Roy being added, I'd expect him to be added with the same level of detail as Pamela would. Meaning totally customised. Not based on a counselor or on Jason. Certainly no morph or shift and no damage resistance like Jason's. Must have human limitations. To think of how to add Roy is the same way as thinking of how to add Pamela, so if the devs are ever going to add her in that would be something to use as a base rather than anything we have now. 

While the idea here sounds interesting, what breaks it for me is that the match would have both Roy and Jason. That doesn't sit well with me. This game works because it excels at simplicity - either survive as a counselor, or kill everyone as Jason. I think beyond that it'd be taking away from the experience rather than adding to it. More confusion for the counselors and Jason. One too many things to defend from or go after. 

If you've ever been in a match with a rogue counselor / team killer, this is what that experience would be like. It's not fun. It doesn't add more excitement it just pisses everyone off really. Jason because someone's taking his kills, the counselors because there's another threat. Jason is already so OP that adding an imposter would tip the balance too far. It becomes too much of a free for all, with Roy trying to kill counselors and Jason, Jason trying to kill counselors and Roy, and counselors trying to either kill or escape both Roy and Jason. And in all that confusion, no one gets very far ahead.  

So I gotta stick with my opinion that if Roy is to be added then he should be a fully developed character, with unique abilities but human limitations, that are in sync with the gameplay. What I mean by that is, everything about Jason and the game is in sync. The map is large, but he can morph, shift and sense to deal with it. Travel through water at superhuman speed, break through doors in seconds (not to mention Rage). Roy would not and should not have these abilities, so already the environment and its mechanics must be completely changed to accomodate for his character. At the very least he would need his own specially designed map for a human character to be as imposing as Jason is.

Anyway I'll stop there, I know it's a long post, thank you to anyone who read it all. Just wanted to take a good bite at this discussion, give a different point of view to think about.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Though I'm not against Roy being added, I'd expect him to be added with the same level of detail as Pamela would. Meaning totally customised. Not based on a counselor or on Jason. Certainly no morph or shift and no damage resistance like Jason's. Must have human limitations. To think of how to add Roy is the same way as thinking of how to add Pamela, so if the devs are ever going to add her in that would be something to use as a base rather than anything we have now. 

While the idea here sounds interesting, what breaks it for me is that the match would have both Roy and Jason. That doesn't sit well with me. This game works because it excels at simplicity - either survive as a counselor, or kill everyone as Jason. I think beyond that it'd be taking away from the experience rather than adding to it. More confusion for the counselors and Jason. One too many things to defend from or go after. 

If you've ever been in a match with a rogue counselor / team killer, this is what that experience would be like. It's not fun. It doesn't add more excitement it just pisses everyone off really. Jason because someone's taking his kills, the counselors because there's another threat. Jason is already so OP that adding an imposter would tip the balance too far. It becomes too much of a free for all, with Roy trying to kill counselors and Jason, Jason trying to kill counselors and Roy, and counselors trying to either kill or escape both Roy and Jason. And in all that confusion, no one gets very far ahead.  

So I gotta stick with my opinion that if Roy is to be added then he should be a fully developed character, with unique abilities but human limitations, that are in sync with the gameplay. What I mean by that is, everything about Jason and the game is in sync. The map is large, but he can morph, shift and sense to deal with it. Travel through water at superhuman speed, break through doors in seconds (not to mention Rage). Roy would not and should not have these abilities, so already the environment and its mechanics must be completely changed to accomodate for his character. At the very least he would need his own specially designed map for a human character to be as imposing as Jason is.

Anyway I'll stop there, I know it's a long post, thank you to anyone who read it all. Just wanted to take a good bite at this discussion, give a different point of view to think about.

All great points! 

The way I look at it is that if Roy shows up it's a total game changer, and his appearances would be rare as it would be an Epic perk that a counsellor would have to have. Once on the map though he becomes the wild card. 

And it would give Tommy a great target for that shotgun! LOL

I see what you mean about balancing issues and the like. In my list a tried to carefully point out Roy's strengths and limitations and, keeping those in mind, hopefully people extrapolate how a match could be turned on its head.

Roy would have to be played as an aggressor if he wanted the XP, but that also exposes him to a lot of danger as in my description one pocket knife will take away half of his health. He better be sure of his actions. 

I don't think that Roy would be served well by being the only killer on the map. The game would have to be changed too much for that. I think that if you wanna keep him human (which I totally agree with) throwing him in as a random force to mix things up could be seriously fun.

And I agree that he should not have the superhuman abilities that Jason has. Roy should be as helpless in the water as the counsellors are. It should take him longer to chop down a door than Jason. He should never have the Rage ability. He would need LIMITED Morph usage because of the nature of his character inspiring fear in the potential victims, as well as Stalk. No Sense or Shift at all.

I don't think that the experience would be the same as a rogue counsellor/team killer at all because there is no deception involved. When you see Roy you know he is a threat...not like when you think someone is on your side and they murder you to take your spot in the car or something. 

Jason would also have to prioritize. When he sees Roy and a counsellor he'd have to decide on the fly which one to attack. Go for the teen and then Roy maybe gets away to kill someone else...attack Roy and the counsellor has a chance of surviving the match as Jason is distracted.   

Interesting to think about! We'll see what the future brings for this excellent game.

Playing as Roy would be a no-risk no-reward action. While trying to make the most of it, you're more likely to die, making it less likely for people to 'boost' it. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of having the 2 human killers in the game. But the idea of them taking Tommy's place doesn't seem to make sense. As one other said in the topic, too many killers in the same round would be annoying. Would much rather keep Tommy in the round, with a new way to kill this movie's "Jason". But the rest of your ideas are gold.

• Like 1

Roy wouldn't take Tommy's place. Mr Jarvis could still show up as Roy would only be activated by the first counsellor to die who also had the "Roy is my Dad" perk.

And because he can only be accessed through the perk he wouldn't be in every match, but imagine the tension levels increasing when someone starts yelling over the walkie talkie that there are two Jasons or that Roy is on site. LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I am not a fan of Part 5, but I know there are lots of people who are. People have been wondering about the incorporation of Roy into this game somehow. Hear me out if you want...

The devs could treat Roy like Tommy Jarvis, in that a dead or escaped player is randomly picked to come back as Roy who is obviously disguised as Jason in his Part 5 skin. They could just give Roy the EXACT same stats as Tommy. Give him the Stalk and Morph abilities and a few traps. Have him start with a machete but give him the same ability as Tommy and the counsellors in that he can change weapons as he finds them if he chooses and he always starts with a pocket knife and a first aid spray.

Roy would have NO Jason water abilities. He's not able to be stunned as he's basically Tommy with a few extras, so when he fights it's kill or be killed. This way he'd still be a threat but a manageable one, and some counsellors might mistake him for Jason and just run away so as to add to the confusion and fear.

It's then up to Roy to take down the counsellors, and Jason if they wanna attempt it. And Jason would wanna take out Roy because Roy is stealing his kills.

You'd then have a chaotic time as Jason, Roy, Tommy, and the counsellors would all be on the map and it would be a giant murder fest.

Give him his own badge(s) to unlock as well, like "Kill Stealer", "Heeeeere's ROY!", etc.

Just a thought.  

Are you saying I'm not capable to do Jason's job?

If anything, I can do MORE then Jason.

I can drive, I'll run over those counselors with my ambulance. They will not escape my grasp for letting my Joey die!

I can break doors down just as good as Jason. I can run, and I fought Tommy too. It took a tractor hitting me, a chainsaw to my shoulder, a knife to my thigh and a machete to my hand in order for me to go down. I would have gotten up if it weren't for those spikes.

Okay, maybe I can't punch someone's head off, but I can crush a skull with just a leather strap around a tree!

If I ever find out where Vic is hiding, he's done. He better not be listening to the radio like Tommy.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Roy Burns said:

I can drive, I'll run over those counselors with my ambulance. They will not escape my grasp for letting my Joey die!

I can break doors down just as good as Jason. I can run, and I fought Tommy too. It took a tractor hitting me, a chainsaw to my shoulder, a knife to my thigh and a machete to my hand in order for me to go down. I would have gotten up if it weren't for those spikes.

Okay, maybe I can't punch someone's head off, but I can crush a skull with just a leather strap around a tree!

If I ever find out where Vic is hiding, he's done. He better not be listening to the radio like Tommy.

Of course Roy we're very sorry to doubt you. You're the man, Roy.

• Like 2

Now imagine if you took that winning attitude into the game as my idea for your character! You'd be such a delight!

As long as Dudley from Diff'rent Strokes didn't show up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roy Burns said:

What hre said. Roy deserves be a main killer, not a random spawn guy. Also, un The movie he looks like Jason all The movie, in every skill 

1 minute ago, The Phanthom Nico said:

What hre said. Roy deserves be a main killer, not a random spawn guy. Also, un The movie he looks like Jason all The movie, in every skill 

Ok go watch the movie again. He wears a random hockey mask. He doesn't have super-strength or any special skills/powers. Roy is a regular human who blew a fuse in his head and went on a killing spree.

Roy would be an AWESOME deterrent to TK'ing.  

In part 5, what make Roy don the mask?  His son got killed by one of the campers.  

So in the same way where a condition needs to be set to summon Tommy, Roy should be summoned by the death of a counselor at the hands of another counselor. The first one killed should return as Roy.  Granted, I don't think he should have Jason's level of abilities, maybe a tweaked version of Tommy Jarvis, but he would gain points by killing other counselors until he himself got taken out.  

But, think about this.  Roy could also take components and hide them.  Steal small items like keys, pocket knives and fuses, and force the players to chase him down to get them back.

Just a sinister idea.

• Like 1