SnakeSound222

Tier List as of the current patch

I think we should have a tier list for the current patch so players know if they are picking a horrible or great counselor or Jason. A tier list could help new players successfully kill everyone, escape, or even kill Jason easier.

The term 'horrible' is a subjective term in this case. No Jason or counselor is horrible, it depends entirely on how you use them.

• Like 5

And then we would have 8 hot pants running around all the time because she's the "new meta." As it is, with the limited number of counselors that we currently have, you sometimes see 2-4 of the same one. Same with Jason. If sack head was deemed the best, that's all you'd see. Boring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

The term 'horrible' is a subjective term in this case. No Jason or counselor is horrible, it depends entirely on how you use them.

Eh, you're right. 

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

If you prefer to be fast and be able to last longer in a chase, pick a character with speed and agility.

If you want to be able to help the team with repairs, pick a character with good repair stats.

As Kodiak said above, it's all down to you, the player. It's your game, play it how you want and find a character that fits your play style.

There was a guide on Steam that had a personalized Counselor Tier List, if anyone is interested:

S: A.J. Mason

A: Brandon "Buggzy"  Wilson

B: Deborah Kim, Tiffany Cox, Vanessa Jones

C: Kenny Riedell

D: Adam Palomino, Jenny Myers, Chad Kensington

E: Eric LaChappa

1 minute ago, RichWalk9891 said:

There was a guide on Steam that had a personalized Counselor Tier List, if anyone is interested:

S: A.J. Mason

A: Brandon "Buggzy"  Wilson

B: Deborah Kim, Tiffany Cox, Vanessa Jones

C: Kenny Riedell

D: Adam Palomino, Jenny Myers, Chad Kensington

E: Eric LaChappa

This is subject to personal preference. Some people may view Adam (I actually saw this on YouTube) as a perfect counselor. Referring to 'tiers' or 'groups' is pointless.

Just now, Benallan17 said:

This is subject to personal preference. Some people may view Adam (I actually saw this on YouTube) as a perfect counselor. Referring to 'tiers' or 'groups' is pointless.

Hence why I said that it was a 'personalized Counselor Tier List' on a Steam Guide. It's subjected to personal preference because it is a personal preference.

I'm not calling you out or anything bro, I'm just trying to help the OP understand it's tailored to his play style, not someone else's, it's nice that you took the time to go and get that information and if I was the OP I'd be thankful for any help I got.

• Like 1

each councilor has stats that tailor to different preferences. i only play Vanessa jones simply because i can always escape and outsmart Jason, something that i think is more valuable than fixing a car super quickly.  i don't value the stealth or composure stats at all because you will have a close encounter with Jason at some point in the game and you cant escape his grab, being able to outrun him is vital in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Kodiak said:

If I'm using them, they're horrible. ;)

I don't think that this is a game where a tier list is applicable. It's not a 1 on 1 fighter. It's a team based game with characters that each can fill specific roles. Sure, there are characters with higher chances of not being spotted, and thus more likely to be the last one left, but that's no good if you're still killed off anyway. It's about working together. A good team will have protectors, repairers, fetchers and distractors. AJ may just be the best character at soloing it and being the last girl left standing, but a team of 7 AJ's isn't going to work anywhere near as well as a team that has a bit of everything. Every character is viable and has a place. It's about picking what playstyle or role you're comfortable with. None of the councilors are bad. Some are of course more difficult and stressful to play, like Vanessa.

If anything, a list of which characters are most beginner friendly would be more helpful I think to those just starting out. My first character was Vanessa and I had a really rough time, not realizing what she excels at (being an amazing distraction), and I quickly switched to AJ, sneaking my way to level 14, before finding the character who's playstyle I feel most comfortable with, Adam, who can fetch, protect, repair and hide when he needs to.

No tier list for games like this. One person might be fantastic as AJ and useless as Vanessa and another person might suck as AJ but very good as Vanessa.

Its how you use what is given to you that's why you have a variety of counsellors.  There are no "bad" counselors or Jason's.

• Like 1