So, I was playing a private match with people from a psn community.  all 18+ age and with mics. Played a few games then rolled Jason. I grab knives, port to phone. Sounds like someone is inside. I'm like whatever...I go find the box, lay a trap. Move to nearest door and start pounding on it. Sackhead jason so it takes 4-5 swings. As soon as I bust the door down there's a (Todd? leather jacket guy) next doorway in...I take a few steps while he complains about being Spawn-killed. Grab him. And slam his head in the door several times. I feel no pity. He had plenty of time to flee and I didn't have shift. Dude proceeds to complain in deadchat about me spawnkilling. Comes back as Jarvis. Complains there...gets everyone to leave as they die. (And they all died.) Except one guy who exploits a new glitch I've never seen and gets himself morphed into the barn above the hiding spot to the right of the doorway. Who proceeds to lecture me about how no one wants to spectate for 20 mins.

I get this.

This is why I don't super-pursue anyone at the beginning. I sorta do my own setup. But. I showed up...my music is clearly going. I trap...which is loud. I start knocking on the door. Which is loud and time consuming. I give plenty of time to pop out a window and run away. I can't catch you, I don't have shift. I feel no pity if you stay in that house. Not gonna let you sit there and find the fuse while you expect me to leave you alone and go bother other people.

But he says, rule of thumb, don't kill anyone within the first 1-2 mins of game to keep people happy.

I, and my friends say, if you spawn near the phone or car at the begging...get away or be prepared to dodge jason if he shows.  90% of jasons check those spots early to disrupt progress...as they should.  Plus it's very easy to avoid jason pre-shift.

I'd love to hear your opinions.  What do you think?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XxCythexX said:

Plus it's very easy to avoid jason pre-shift.

You said it all right there. Before shift they is no excuse to not get away from Jason. You gave plenty of warning.

Just because he was over 18 doesn't make him mature.

You did nothing wrong. I usually wait till I have shift to kill people just so it isn't a damn hassel. And I like to kill all the power first, raise that fear so it's easier for Jason's with weak sense to see them.

When I start a match as Jason, after the first jump across the map if I happen right on someone I will toy with them a little bit but will usually tell them that I am giving them a break but if or when I find him or her again then I will kill them. I do this cause I am playing the game to have fun and others are too. I know its not fun to have to spectate the match, especially if it goes long. So giving them a few more minutes of life doesn't ruin my experience.

EDIT - though that's only how I prefer to do it. When I am a counselor and I am unlucky enough to have Jason pop in next to me within a minute of starting I fully expect for him to come after me so I high tail it. If he kills me then oh well, shit happens. If he lets me get away then that's a bonus. So I don't have a problem with doing either.

When I first appear as Jason I am way too busy trapping cars, boats and the phone box (and breaking the occasional power box) to kill anyone, unless they happen to be, like, RIGHT in my way.

And even then, if I haven't finished trapping everything, I'll usually only go after them until my Morph cools down and I can pop over to the next thing I need to trap.

So, while I have no problem with "spawn killing" (it has certainly happened to me enough times, and - as someone said - you're JASON, killing people is what you do), from a strategic point of view, it is typically not to your advantage to be wasting time with the counselors that early in the game.

I think complaints about being spawnkilled or whatever people call it are ridiculous. I've had it happen to me too as Jason, someone got upset because they had been killed x amount of consecutive matches at the beginning already. Well, obviously they were doing something wrong. Sometimes it is actually bad luck, but most times (especially if it's consecutive) it's just bad strategy.

Examples like going inside the cabin with the fuse box first, that's clearly a death wish because pretty much every Jason player traps that place first, since it's the fastest way out of the match.

I don't let anyone off when I'm playing, because that wouldn't be fair. It would honestly feel weird just to let one player go because they made a big deal out of being found early. Why should they get special treatment? It would be the same as me complaining that the counselors called the police and escaped too early because I wasn't paying attention. Should I expect them to hold off until I realise? 

I think some people just have to learn to lose gracefully. Players letting each other off the hook does not lend itself to improving at the game either, not as counselors or as Jason. Learn from your mistakes, improve your strategy, it's not the other player's responsibility to give you better chances at winning.

• Like 2

it's random as hell, if you spawn by an objective or landmark RUN ! 

Just a bunch of cry baby b!tches!
Kill anyone & everyone as enjoyable FOR YOURSELF as you can.

I learned this the hard way (topic)
If you dont want to be targeted or ported upon right away.
Then check your area as soon as you zone in.

If theres Anything around that Jason would port to.... Leave asap!

I curse up a storm when I constantly spawn in right near an important spot on the map!

Play the game as you players want to & thats all there is to it.

YOU bought the game, not them.

So in plain english.. F**K em!

• Like 2

I would have left that group immediately.

bet if they found the phone box fuse they wouldn't wait a minute or two to put it in lmao.

Sounds like you just joined a group of people that hate dying early.

I love spawn killing people most of my rage quits come from spawn kills. If you spawn by any point of interest you should immediately go the other way and come back at a later time, if you stay at the car in the beginning you might be killed

If my grabbing the 2 knives isnt enough time for u to run away from an important area then you deserve to die. After all, its Jason's job. Beg and plead and call me a ni#%!r all you want but ima sunburned white irish p%#ck when I play my favorite slasher

Players only have themselves to blame if they die in the first minute or two. I think we've all been there but you quickly learn from your mistakes. If you spawn in front of a car, you don't run into the house right in front of it. If you accidentally find yourself in the cabin with the phone (sometimes you find out too late), then stay stealthy. Don't open windows to let him know you're there. Hide if you can. Most Jason's are just going to key locations at the start of the match to set up traps. If he finds out you're in a house early game, before he has shift, you shouldn't be killed at least until he has it. Make a window escape as he's knocking down the doors. Also only enter the smaller cabins with one or two windows and a single door at your own risk at the start of the game, as they really could have you killed in the first minute, if Jason catches you inside and traps the windows.

It sucks for sure if you're killed instantly, but it won't happen once people get better at the game. There's a learning curve, yes, but surviving until Jason has shift is incredibly simple.

I don't feel it's spawn killing because for me spawn killing is waiting at a spawn point and wasting a player who comes into the game effectively giving them no chance. Considering he had all that time to run from an area that smart Jason players Morph to at the beginning of the match that was on him. I haven't even played the game yet and I know that refusing to respect Jason's kill power at anytime during the game is foolish from You Tube videos. Sounds like you ran into some real cry babies. I have a solution. Play with friends. 

Besides the fact that when Jason spawns he takes around 10 seconds to grab the throwing knives around the shack, there is no 'spawn-killing' possible since you've clearly ran from your spawn to get into a house. I've had the same thing happen to me and last night the host rage-quit on us after trying to argue with me over at as I carried him to the fire to be roasted.

I see it like this:

Counselors spawn in various locations scattered around the map.

You're leaving your spawn when you run into that house next to you so you can quickly search for items. 

If Jason teleports to you then it's your own fault for giving away your position by making noise or he got a lucky teleport.

You can run and hide for a reason, do it.

• Like 1

The first person I find I'll usually just cripple them and then come back to them later. I mainly use the first person as target practice.

I've killed and been killed within the first 30 seconds. It is what it is. Jason is there to kill you not give you time to escape. If you don't want to wait after death then leave but don't complain about spawn killing. This isn't CoD where you get spawn trapped and it ruins gameplay this is straight up survive or die that is the gameplay. 

9 hours ago, XxCythexX said:

So, I was playing a private match with people from a psn community.  all 18+ age and with mics. Played a few games then rolled Jason. I grab knives, port to phone. Sounds like someone is inside. I'm like whatever...I go find the box, lay a trap. Move to nearest door and start pounding on it. Sackhead jason so it takes 4-5 swings. As soon as I bust the door down there's a (Todd? leather jacket guy) next doorway in...I take a few steps while he complains about being Spawn-killed. Grab him. And slam his head in the door several times. I feel no pity. He had plenty of time to flee and I didn't have shift. Dude proceeds to complain in deadchat about me spawnkilling. Comes back as Jarvis. Complains there...gets everyone to leave as they die. (And they all died.) Except one guy who exploits a new glitch I've never seen and gets himself morphed into the barn above the hiding spot to the right of the doorway. Who proceeds to lecture me about how no one wants to spectate for 20 mins.

I get this.

This is why I don't super-pursue anyone at the beginning. I sorta do my own setup. But. I showed up...my music is clearly going. I trap...which is loud. I start knocking on the door. Which is loud and time consuming. I give plenty of time to pop out a window and run away. I can't catch you, I don't have shift. I feel no pity if you stay in that house. Not gonna let you sit there and find the fuse while you expect me to leave you alone and go bother other people.

But he says, rule of thumb, don't kill anyone within the first 1-2 mins of game to keep people happy.

I, and my friends say, if you spawn near the phone or car at the begging...get away or be prepared to dodge jason if he shows.  90% of jasons check those spots early to disrupt progress...as they should.  Plus it's very easy to avoid jason pre-shift.

I'd love to hear your opinions.  What do you think?

I often get killed within the first 45 seconds of the game because of where I was spawned. Who cares? Jason is there to kill people. If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time it's your bad luck.

I don't think the problem is spawn killing as such. I believe it's that people who killed early on (first 5 minutes) don't want to wait ages while dead with only a chance of coming back as Tommy.

People should know by now that if you spawn by any of the major points on the map you may want to distance yourself as much as possible, since Jason will probably warp there first.  Double back later if need be.  You deserve to die if you stick around looting.  

• Like 2

When I start if I do a 360 survey and if I see that I am by the cars or the phone box I run away and search my mini-map for a cabin without anything near it to entice Jason. 

It's only smart for Jason to morph to the phone box and cars and trap them. Then morph to the power boxes and destroy them while smashing as many windows as you can along the way, and if you happen to morph to a spot with some counsellors you might as well give a little chase or throw a knife or something. Anything to increase the fear levels as that will help you later.

After I first trap the phone box I like to smash the door(s) on the same building so that if they are trying to fix the phone later it's easier for you to give chase. Might as well do it before you have shift, that way you can shift right into the cabin if need be.

Like others have said, I'm way too busy doing other things during the first few minutes of the match to chase counselors. Until everyone's fear is up, I have other priorities. But if you place yourself right in my way or you're in a stupid spot (like near the cars or phone house), I WILL kill you and I won't feel bad about it.

I started a game as Jason and warped to the phone.  This player was inside rummaging through everything, didn't even lock the doors.  I walked right in and they opened an inside door just to find me on the other side. Some screaming and yelling for a second until I broke their neck, but they rage quit so I didn't get the kill.  Don't search houses by the phone or cars at the start if you don't want a nasty surprise and then complain about spawn killing. ?

7 minutes ago, Gdain said:

I started a game as Jason and warped to the phone.  This player was inside rummaging through everything, didn't even lock the doors.  I walked right in and they opened an inside door just to find me on the other side. Some screaming and yelling for a second until I broke their neck, but they rage quit so I didn't get the kill.  Don't search houses by the phone or cars at the start if you don't want a nasty surprise and then complain about spawn killing. ?

Yep. Killed 2 with the same door enviro kill at Higgins main lodge. I came in through kitchen side door and they both ran in the front. I was passing the fireplace while saying hello. They both screamed and the one i didnt grab panicked and got stuck while i killed the 1st.  Needless to say they both left lobby in 25 seconds of the match starting lol