Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Though I want as much content as possible in the game. The more complete the better. On the bright side, and purely from my perspective - this may increase the likelihood of other skins, maps etc I would prefer to see in the game: Final Chapter Jason, Roy, Pinehurst, Lazarus and Manhattan, Crystal Lake town maps. 

Feel sorry for Jason X fans, but I'm more of a Parts I to VIII person personally. 

I'm with you on that one. Plus I'm really not sure whether Uber Jason would fit with the exisiting maps. In his own space station one, sure, but might look a little out of place otherwise. I pretty much assume everyone who wants Jason X is not talking about his pre-Uber form, but maybe I'm wrong there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I'm with you on that one. Plus I'm really not sure whether Uber Jason would fit with the exisiting maps. In his own space station one, sure, but might look a little out of place otherwise. I pretty much assume everyone who wants Jason X is not talking about his pre-Uber form, but maybe I'm wrong there. 

Hey if Ghost Rider can fit in i don't see the problem why the Terminator can't. Besides it's just Multiplayer so why not? :D

 

 

:(:(:(  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Uber Jason X said:

Your profile pic and name it's so accurate to what Gun did to me now :(:(:(

 

Yours is accurate to what Jason X looks like in game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uber Jason X said:

Hey if Ghost Rider can fit in i don't see the problem why the Terminator can't. Besides it's just Multiplayer so why not? :D

 

 

:(:(:(  

The Savini one still works for me with the forest environment though. I'm not saying Uber Jason can't work either, but it is stretching it for me. Considering he was never designed for that kind of environment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im confused.  So why wouldn't they get the rights to use him in the game?  It's not like Jason X is doing anything right now. Just doesn't make any sense.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact they were both done under Sean Cunningham and New Line, it makes no sense they couldn't get the rights... they did Jason Goes to Hell which was under them as well. Also voting was done on Jason X. Why have people vote on one you can never get. It all seems to make zero sense to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Im confused.  So why wouldn't they get the rights to use him in the game?  It's not like Jason X is doing anything right now. Just doesn't make any sense.   

I guess it means jason x pre and post uber (which was in the poll), and the grendel (which was a Kickstarter stretch goal), will not be in the game.

It's looking like a fuck up from the dude on their official twitter support. That dude needs to get his facts straight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is just a spin to keep people off track from an actual future Jason X DLC character.

They more than likely just don't have the rights to both regular Jason X Jason and Uber Jason at the moment.

1 hour ago, klipsch said:

Time to go to the next best thing, Purple Jason. He could have cheesy 8-bit music when he's chasing you.

This too so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Uber Jason X said:

I really really really hope you are right. Otherwise im gonna play Friday the 13th in real life with Gun Media employers as counserols with me being Jason, Mwahahaha. Nah, just kidding, im just going to cry like a little girl for a couple of hours XD

Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Yours is accurate to what Jason X looks like in game 

Props. You're on a roll today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

The fact they were both done under Sean Cunningham and New Line, it makes no sense they couldn't get the rights... they did Jason Goes to Hell which was under them as well. Also voting was done on Jason X. Why have people vote on one you can never get. It all seems to make zero sense to me 

I think it's a matter of "didn't" rather than "couldn't." Every film is going to be licensed separately, in all likelihood. Well, depends on the company. For example, a TV show could have seasons bundled under one license agreement, or per season. Each film in a franchise likewise could (and probably does) have a separate contract. Definitely different royalty reporting due to different royalty streams in VOD, at least (in terms of residuals to screenwriter(s), et al).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, e.txcountryboy said:

Jason Goes to Hell was New Line Cinema joint.

Ha, you caught me.  I remembered that after I posted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep hearing rumours that they made a movie where Jason is in space. Surely that can't be. The concept is too silly. ;)

In all seriousness if they aren't making the skin for the Jason X fans my heart goes out to you all. Everything after part 4 isn't MY Jason, but I was hoping that this game would be pleasing all the fans of all the films. Licensing rights can suck sometimes. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ha, you caught me.  I remembered that after I posted.  

its all good, it happens. Not sure why they chose not to or could not get the rights to Jason X. It's a downer cause they are already limited on the number amount of different Jason's they can put in the game that are part of the official series and most are already in the game. The only ones that are realistically left are Roy, Jason X pre and post cyborg, FvJ Jason and the remake. If they cant use either of the Jasons from Jason X that cuts the options for Jason DLC almost in half and many of those other options go right out the window too probably. I would put NES Jason in that list but that one has its own set of ownership issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible that whoever is in charge of the support Twitter isn't Ben. If I'm not mistaken, the support has posted incorrect information before.

If this is correct, however, it's possible that something with the license has changed, because it doesn't make sense for them to have included Jason X and Uber Jason on the voting poll a year ago if they didn't have the license. They stated from the beginning that certain Jasons wouldn't be included with the license, there's no reason to lie about two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really weird that they don't have the rights to JASON X. I was under the impression that both JASON GOES TO HELL and JASON X were made by Cunningham Productions and merely RELEASED by New Line Cinema (who, at that point, had the rights to first refusal of any Friday the 13th movies) and that the only Jason movie that New Line themselves ever made was FREDDY VS, JASON (even the 2009 FRIDAY THE 13TH wasn't made by them, merely jointly released by them).

I'll be honest, no JASON X content is a huge disappointment, and for the life of me I can't understand why, when they announced they didn't have the rights to FREDDY VS. JASON or the 2009 FRIDAY THE 13TH, they didn't also say "or JASON X" back then.

Waiting to tell everyone until after the game comes out, and "announcing it" on Jason's freaking birthday to boot, does kind of seem like a dick move on Gun Media's part.

1 minute ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

It's possible that whoever is in charge of the support Twitter isn't Ben. If I'm not mistaken, the support has posted incorrect information before.

Ah, well fingers crossed that this is the case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, e.txcountryboy said:

its all good, it happens. Not sure why they chose not to or could not get the rights to Jason X. It's a downer cause they are already limited on the number amount of different Jason's they can put in the game that are part of the official series and most are already in the game. The only ones that are realistically left are Roy, Jason X pre and post cyborg, FvJ Jason and the remake. If they cant use either of the Jasons from Jason X that cuts the options for Jason DLC almost in half and many of those other options go right out the window too probably. I would put NES Jason in that list but that one has its own set of ownership issues.

Silly boy,you forgot mentioning Part 4 Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I want is the Jason from FreddyvsJason.

Im really hoping they can get the rights to all Jason's from all the movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I guess it means jason x pre and post uber (which was in the poll), and the grendel (which was a Kickstarter stretch goal), will not be in the game.

It's looking like a fuck up from the dude on their official twitter support. That dude needs to get his facts straight.

i guess my question is that why wouldn't whoever owns the rights to Jason X not want him in the game?  Movie was like what 2001?  I mean, no one is doing anything with him currently so I don't get it.  Why did they say no?  Or am I just really confused lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they had the license for everything from 1-10 maybe this is another false information tweet like the one about saying savini jason maybe will be sold in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awwww crap. that is awful news to read after coming home from work. lot of my friends highly requested this skin and constantly ask me if i know or not if it will come as dlc  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many complaints on wanting all of these different Jasons, that have already been seen.

My personal preference.

But I would be more excited about them customizing their own Jasons next.
Or hell, even just adding customizable gear for Jason. (at least different colored clothes & mask)

I think that could make some really Hilarious times. (pink outfitted Jason chasing ya!) hahahahahahaha

I would die laughing for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roy Burns said:

Does this mean I'm next in line to be in the game? Please?

In my opinion yes Roy you should be. Along with  Eveline and her crazy idiot son on a motorcycle with a pilot hat on from ww2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...