Maddogg_8121

Ps4 blue screen and system lag.

What's up with the recent influx of application issue for this game that it kicks you to the blue screen?  Then it lags the whole ps4 system.  Anyone else seeing this more frequently?  Any ideas on why it does it?  

Also, on a separate note....got called an a-hole today for being one of two people to escape in the 4 seat even though we had three or four people in it at one time.  Jason was that good to only allow two of us out.  I wasn't even driving.  Apparently the person thought i left them.  Who knew you were supposed to survive as a counselor.  Anyone who has played with me knows how much i sacrifice myself constantly for others.  Anyhow....guess i shouldn't let it get to me.  I finally survive a match and get called names repeatedly afterwards.  

I, too, am starting to get the PS4 blue screen crash at least once a day, usually when the lobby finally fills up and everyone is about to play. :(

i get the blue screen of death at least twice a night on ps4, at random times as well so i can not lock down what the actual cause is, sometimes while i am doing invites to my lobby and sometimes it does it after matches. 

What exactly is that blue screen of death you're all speaking of? I had it occur to me a couple of times that the game crashed with the very general CE-34878-0 error. Yes, the screen with the error message is blue but it's just displaying the relevant error message. Is that what you're speaking of?

7 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

What exactly is that blue screen of death you're all speaking of? I had it occur to me a couple of times that the game crashed with the very general CE-34878-0 error. Yes, the screen with the error message is blue but it's just displaying the relevant error message. Is that what you're speaking of?

My friends and I had this in several games, more than one of us at the same time occasionally.

I play on PS4 and haven't (thankfully) seen this yet. Sounds quite discouraging! Hope this gets fixed soon.

Is it completely random or is there any sort of pattern to it? Is it only in full games or does it happen no matter how many players are present?

And Maddogg_8121 you did nothing wrong.

I get it 5 or more times a day in 2 hours of Friday the 13th game play , but if I play Bloodborne or Shadow Warrior 2 for 7 or 8 hour in a stretch not once. 

Edited by somakurusu
Added more

I’m still getting the same problem does anyone knows how to fix it I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and I’ve tried to rebuild database ive even reinitialized it also and nothing works right before I try to play it shows and error code 

i feel like I've gotten the blue screen on a pretty regular basis. i notice it a lot when i try to join friends' sessions. 

Happens quite often to me. To the point where when I'm the host I usually just close app/restart, as blue-screening is inevitable from that point.

giphy.gif

This happens on my bro's PS4 often, at least once per night.  If you're not experiencing this, it may have something to do with what Model your PS4 is.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:29 AM, Maddogg_8121 said:

What's up with the recent influx of application issue for this game that it kicks you to the blue screen?  Then it lags the whole ps4 system.  Anyone else seeing this more frequently?  Any ideas on why it does it?  

Also, on a separate note....got called an a-hole today for being one of two people to escape in the 4 seat even though we had three or four people in it at one time.  Jason was that good to only allow two of us out.  I wasn't even driving.  Apparently the person thought i left them.  Who knew you were supposed to survive as a counselor.  Anyone who has played with me knows how much i sacrifice myself constantly for others.  Anyhow....guess i shouldn't let it get to me.  I finally survive a match and get called names repeatedly afterwards.  

I believe what causes this is someone who is experiencing Server Issues, you know the issue where you join a lobby over and over again and it keeps kicking you out? Yeah, that’s the player that is blue screening you. It’s very unfortunate when I finally get a full lobby and then BAM *An error has occurred with this application* 

14 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Happens quite often to me. To the point where when I'm the host I usually just close app/restart, as blue-screening is inevitable from that point.

giphy.gif

Wow, lol that seems about right. I get blue screened, at least, 30 times a week. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 12:03 AM, Rok73 said:

Yeah, I think so. The Blue Error Message of Death. And I like your profile pic btw. 

Edit:I just realized that your comment was posted back in June, lol 

This has been a growing issue from the day I started playing.  I know for a fact lag switchers cause this also trolls therefore mentioning this issue only makes it worse.

Damn, y'all.  This thread was started back in June of 2017.  Lol.  I think we have it figured out now who or what causes it.  Sad thing is....coming up on nearly a year since release and still having the same issues. 

4 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Damn, y'all.  This thread was started back in June of 2017.  Lol.  I think we have it figured out now who or what causes it.  Sad thing is....coming up on nearly a year since release and still having the same issues. 

LOL sorry, for the very late reply haha. Oh, what causes this exactly? 

4 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

LOL sorry, for the very late reply haha. Oh, what causes this exactly? 

No prob.  It happens when someone who either lagged out previously or is having connection issues tries to join your lobby.  It will blue screen the host. 

They need to restart their app first. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

No prob.  It happens when someone who either lagged out previously or is having connection issues tries to join your lobby.  It will blue screen the host. 

They need to restart their app first. 

Aw, okay, that makes sense now. Well, hopefully people learn how to restart their app so that they don’t crash anymore matches lol 

8 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Aw, okay, that makes sense now. Well, hopefully people learn how to restart their app so that they don’t crash anymore matches lol 

Yeah, definitely.  If I'm in a party and we have the connection timed out issue or the host quits, we all just automatically restart the application to make certain it isn't one of us.  Then we party back up and try again.  

5 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Yeah, definitely.  If I'm in a party and we have the connection timed out issue or the host quits, we all just automatically restart the application to make certain it isn't one of us.  Then we party back up and try again.  

No doubt. The problem is most people either don't know the cause/work-around or don't care. I'll see 2-4 people try to join my room and one of them will get bumped out. Before I have time to even attempt to explain to the ones who made it in what their buddy needs to do, the laggy one has already gone back in and accepted the prior invite to their group again and shows back up in the lobby then BOOM, blue and out.

Aside from dying due to glitches, this is the thing about the game that bugs me the most. I have a 100mbps internet package and I'll finally host a lobby where everyone can enjoy a nice, smooth game with no lag without worrying about a rage-quitting host, then someone will bluescreen me. I've yelled out some throat-scarring MOTHERF*CKER's a few times because of that. The game is like a never-ending rabbit hole of connection issues.

Dedicated-servers shall set us free (I hope).

• Like 1