Redmarble

public games, hit and miss community

Dear Reader(s),

after playing several public games (maybe it's just bad luck) , the fellow gamers feel "off" ;

they don't communicate at all, or cooperate, it's just plain weird.

And after several matches, really frustrating and irritating to be perfectly honest.

I guess everyone has this from time to time, but it seems to be a thing lately.

Or I am just having bad luck.

Any thoughts on how to improve this ?  

I do try to do games with friends, but when I join their game (if I even can), I often get in and have to wait for 15 minutes or so often. Which is ok for the first few times, but can sometimes be a pain, kinda. 

thanks and cheers :) 

Keep playing and friend the people that aren't weird/ annoying and play smart.

Add the ones that play the way you like to your friends list and bring them into games with you. eventually you'll have enough friends to fill a room and always have people that play the way you like.

• Like 2

It's definitely hit or miss but I still go on public lobbies all the time. It can be fun and interesting, (as long as no one is griefing). I had some good matches last night. I even hosted my own lobby until it crashed. :lol:

Some use mics. Some don't. Some try to work together. Some go alone. It can be very frustrating but like Mr. Wiggum said, try to befriend the cool people. 

Lately I've been having more fun in public matches instead of private. There's just some people I reallllllly don't like playing with the whole evening. They talk too much and get on my nerves. 

I

53 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Add the ones that play the way you like to your friends list and bring them into games with you. eventually you'll have enough friends to fill a room and always have people that play the way you like.

I agree with this, as I had one friend on psn before this game, now I have quite a few. The only problem, is I have met all these people in different public quick matches and they all have their few set of friends who play the game and now I just continue to get game invites from everyone all the time and they are all in different lobbies and are all looking for players to fill up, so most of the time when I do join up in a match with one of them its just 4 of us trying to get another 4 to join and then we are sitting there waiting for some more to join.  

Thanks for the replies dear people, it encourages . 

So seriously thanks :) 

Can imagine the friendlist will have to grow a bit ,and thus things will get smoother, and it will be ok in time,

The game and friendlist is still "young" now that I think of it.

Again, thanks and cheers :) 

I agree as well.
Have to build up my F list.

Haven't played the game in like a week, because random players make my head explode!

& my 3 sons running around the house going crazy keeps me from being able to play too :(

I play mostly private matches with my family, but still enjoy the occasional public match to see if anything's changed. Friend the kindred players you meet, and you'll have a ton of friends in no time.

Public match sucks and it still takes forever to find a game. And then half of the games disconnect before match is over

As a PS4 player, I think we benefitted (in a strange way) from matchmaking issues early on because we were forced to group up here on the boards and in PS4 communities to find games. Through that, there's a pretty awesome group of players who run private matches with each other almost every day. That's where I find most of my fun.

Public matches are so tough as a counselor because the team is rarely coordinated unless you have a party of like 5-6 and are just filling out the rest with randoms.