Sign in to follow this  
cenorexia

[Suggestion] Give one of the upcoming Jasons the same weaknesses/strengths as Savini Jason

Players that don't have access to him keep arguing Savini Jason was "OP", "game-impacting", a "game-changer" or even "pay-to-win".

It goes as far as players using him in game get harassed/insulted or even team-killed when they spawn as a counselor. It divides the community when it shouldn't do so.

I'm sure that's not what Gun Media had in mind when they introduced the Savini Jason as a 'Thank You' of sorts to the backers/supporters.

To put an end to this ongoing argument, please consider giving one of the upcoming Jasons the same weaknesses and strengths combination as Savini Jason, just to allow everyone to see for themselves that Savini Jason is not OP in any way.

Thank you for reading.

ceno

• Like 2

Agreed - I don't care about the Savini Jason skin being backer-only, that makes sense. The limitation of a great set of Jason strengths and weaknesses to backers only, though, sucks.

8 hours ago, cenorexia said:

Players that don't have access to him keep arguing Savini Jason was "OP", "game-impacting", a "game-changer" or even "pay-to-win".

It goes as far as players using him in game get harassed/insulted or even team-killed when they spawn as a counselor. It divides the community when it shouldn't do so.

I'm sure that's not what Gun Media had in mind when they introduced the Savini Jason as a 'Thank You' of sorts to the backers/supporters.

To put an end to this ongoing argument, please consider giving one of the upcoming Jasons the same weaknesses and strengths combination as Savini Jason, just to allow everyone to see for themselves that Savini Jason is not OP in any way.

Thank you for reading.

ceno

6 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Agreed - I don't care about the Savini Jason skin being backer-only, that makes sense. The limitation of a great set of Jason strengths and weaknesses to backers only, though, sucks.

I'm fine with this. If they make a new Jason with the same exact stats as Savini but with a different paint job, then by all means.

Then they won't have anything to bitch about there. 

Which Jason is worthy of the honor? Space Jason? Probably Space Jason. Or maybe Little Boy Jason, running around on all fours like some sort of freakish ghoul.

They could do Part 4 Jason. Even though he's technically pretty much the same as Part 3 Jason, he still has slightly different looks because he was played by a different actor/stuntman. Maybe already include the machete damage to his mask to differentiate even more?

Then just give that Jason the same weaknesses and strengths combo as Savini Jason and call it a day.

ceno

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I've seen people escape a Savini Jason. Slow Water speed and low grip strength bruh.

Yeah Savini isn't OP at all. I think Part 9 is better but I like the way Savini looks more.

I do think another Jason should have the same stats as him only to ease the "pay to win" crowd. Plus Savini has his own play style. It'd be great for all players to experience it. Just keep the ghost rider skin for us. 

I haven't had the honor of being slaughtered by either 9 Jason or Savini Jason yet. They've each showed up exactly once in games I was in, but both of those games lagged out before I even got a look at them beyond the opening cinematic.

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I've seen people escape a Savini Jason. Slow Water speed and low grip strength bruh.

Cool story, but that has no relevance to whether his unique set of pros/cons should be part of the backer-only package.

Space Jason would be a great choice.

i have the skin and one thing to say is savini is one of the best jasons but doesnt mean pay to win i mean like you can argue part 8 is better due to +water speed

9 hours ago, cenorexia said:

Thank you for reading.

ceno

As someone who owns a Savini Jason, he isn't OP by any stretch. I thoroughly enjoy the variance that each version of Jason brings. I'd rather see more distinct variants than having two of the same Jasons(palette swap) running around. Just my humble opinion.

Don't have to tell me. Just used him until I unlocked Part 9.

But people who don't have access to his "weakness/strengths set" keep saying he was overpowered and what not. Up to the point that "Savini Players" in public matches get verbally attacked and harassed for being "pay to win". Not always, but it does happen.

And as stupid as that is, it won't change, no matter how often players who do have access to him repeat themselves; Not until everyone can experience it for themselves and see that - yeah, he's no better or worse than any of the other Jasons.

If not one of the upcoming Jasons then maybe they should consider another paid DLC Jason to have Savini's weaknesses and strengths. Just to put an end to this unnecessary argument.

ceno

Not saying that I have a problem with the idea, but strange to hear about people being treated negatively when using Savini Jason. I've had the opposite reactions, people are always excited whenever I've played him, they talk about how great he looks, how frightening he is to play against and so on. Everyone seems to love the design.

I think this is just a case of sour players trying to find whatever excuse they can for why they lost. Savini Jason is good but I don't feel like he is better than the rest. I find his +Destruction stat the most useful, but Jason 8 has the same ability. His trident weapon is also good for range and damage, but it's balanced out by how slow it is. So you still need throwing knives and decent management of shift to get you by, when you're not in close quarters.

He is really cool to play, his +Shift and +Destruction stats lend themselves to a relentless kind of playstyle, similar to Sackhead Jason just in a different form. I've had just as much success terrorising people with Sackhead, given his speed, traps and morph advantages.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cenorexia said:

They could do Part 4 Jason. Even though he's technically pretty much the same as Part 3 Jason, he still has slightly different looks because he was played by a different actor/stuntman. Maybe already include the machete damage to his mask to differentiate even more?

Then just give that Jason the same weaknesses and strengths combo as Savini Jason and call it a day.

ceno

I think Final Chapter Jason should be the fastest on his feet Jason. Can't recall any Jason moving as fast in the chase sequences. 

Stealth is also a given. He pretty much sprang out of no where for all of his kills.

Weapon strength also, he was arguably the most cold and brutal Jason.

His cons could be:

Stun resistance.

Low sense.

<insert third con here>

I think he'll make a great addition to the roster. A stealthier, faster version of Part 3 (but lacking in other areas so it's of course balanced.) 

6 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think Final Chapter Jason should be the fastest on his feet Jason. Can't recall any Jason moving as fast in the chase sequences. 

Stealth is also a given. He pretty much sprang out of no where for all of his kills.

Weapon strength also, he was arguably the most cold and brutal Jason.

His cons could be:

Stun resistance.

Low sense.

<insert third con here>

I think he'll make a great addition to the roster. A stealthier, faster version of Part 3 (but lacking in other areas so it's of course balanced.) 

Agree with all this. I would love to have Final Chapter Jason, he's always been my favourite. He always gets compared to part 3, but has little in common other than looks. And he's still scarier and more brutal than his undead counterparts IMO. I think those stats you listed would do him justice.

• Like 1

I enjoy playing as all the Jason's and having the choice out of so many is brilliant. Savini Jason is great but it's his appearance and rarity that makes me love playing as him the most. Yeah I'm open for the idea in the future for everyone to have savini Jason stats on another Jason but if they gave the savini skin out then I would be pretty pissed..

14 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah Savini isn't OP at all. I think Part 9 is better but I like the way Savini looks more.

I do think another Jason should have the same stats as him only to ease the "pay to win" crowd. Plus Savini has his own play style. It'd be great for all players to experience it. Just keep the ghost rider skin for us. 

I agree. And make this new Jason to be unlocked at level 100... lol.
Talking serious: It's part of the game that there are a lot of people complaining and envying Savini's Jason and the backers. I do not care much about these negative reactions ... even team kills. Over time, playing more and more against other Jasons Savini, they will realize, in practice, that Savini's Jason is not OP.

• Like 1

Well hopefully some of these "pay to win" crybabies will realize there wouldn't be a game to cry about if it weren't for the backers who took enough of an interest in the game to invest in it's future. The issue with Savini Jason isn't how OP they claim he is... it's his exclusivity. Give them a normal looking Jason with the same skill set and Savini users will still get singled out. Ever try to placate a child with a different toy than the one another child has? Nope, he's gonna be a tearful and angry diaper filler until he gets his snotty little grip on THAT specific one. Lol nothing against kids, just against unappreciative, entitled, spiteful idjits.

I have Savini and I'm on PS4. I've only gotten positive reactions. I pretty much do well with any of the Jasons. Best with Part 2 Jason. It's all about which one suits how you play. 

Here is what I would do with part 4 Jason:

Basically change the skin to the part 3 Jason. Maybe make new pros and cons.

Then redo part 3 Jason as a maskless Jason that has to find a mask and once he finds that mask he is in rage mode the rest of the map. Maybe even have a councilor pre-equipped with it so if they get killed Jason can pick it up. Almsot like a bounty. 

This would also make the updated Jason 3 version more killable at first since he has no mask, but coulf make him stronger depending on when he acquires his mask with rage on sooner.

Having a badass Tom Savini designed Jason with a unique weapon and weapon kills is a great thank you to backers.

Giving that Jason the absolute best combination of strengths and weaknesses though, is not a good idea.

I mean, destruction and shift, that's very very powerful, you can close gaps easily and frequently and destroy barricaded doors in 3 hits making it harder for counselors to hole up and prepare their escapes/defenses.  Weapon strength means easier hamstrings/cripples/limping which makes it so that a slow walking Jason can catch you faste.  Weaknesses?  Grip strength only matters if you're looking for environmental kill hooks.  Otherwise you just instantly perform a grab execution or weapon execution.  Their composure and your grip strength don't factor into that at all, only pocket knives or a saving stun by another player in the few miliseconds between the grab animation iframes and kill animation iframes will save you.  Water speed is niche.  Yeah, a boat might have a better chance of escaping you but it's one of the more tolerable weakness it's a maximum of 2 escapees.  I'd take that over a morph, shift, or sense penalty, or trap penalty, about the only weakness I'd take over water speed is is like, less hit points, because a kill attempt is easy to avoid if you focus down tommy or the sweater wearer first, and can't run well that's standard for undead Jasons, that's what shift and morph are for and you have a shift bonus and no morph penalty so you're quite moble.  EASILY the top Tier Jason.  The only ones that come close are Parts 8 and 9, but for part 9 the trap penalty means you can only effectively trap one objective and have to manually guard the other 2, part 8 doesn't have as strong of strengths as part 9 or Savnini (though destruction is great), but he's a zombie jason with no penalty to shift or morph, can stop boats provided he notices it taking off or hears it being fixed, and has morph and shift off cooldown.  If you morph and THEN see the boat taking off well.. gg it's as good as gone anyway, and his only significant weakness is sense.

2, 3 and 6 are all "okay"  where 2 is good at managing multiple objectives at the same time and 6 is good at winning out in long chases but doesn't do as well with objectives, and 3 is kind of a an all around middle of the road guy that's main weakness is easy stuns so git gud at combat stance.

Then there's 7.. the most iconic Jason weapon and one of the coolest looking Jasons, hindered by both less ability to handle objectives with his trap weakness, and even more hindered in chases with his shift weakness.. and he has some of the most insignificant strengths you can imagine, being an undead slow Jason with no movement skill bonuses and in fact a movement skill weakness instead a niche water speed bonus, a grip strength bonus that as I mentioned before is really not that useful unless you want to go for environmental kills and they don't have pocket knives, and while sense is nice.. it's not going to help you catch those counselors you can see.  By far the Jason most indicative that the devs don't know what they're doing, like they didn't even think for a moment "how is this Jason supposed to play"  they just thought okay zombie Jason so can't run... he was chained to the lake like part 8 so water speed bonus, and um.. well you know what, let's just draw strengths and weaknesses out of a hat right?

Please note, that I think all of the Jason's pretty much besides part 7 are overpowered. The more I play as Jason, no matter which one I am, the more I seem to end up killing every counselor. Maybe 1 or 2 at best managed to slip by. But for the most part everyone gets killed.

But Tom Savini Jason is the most overpowered of all of them. His destruction + Shift strengths are what do it, who needs weapon swings at that point. Someone will hit you with a pocket knife after you shift grabbed, and almost by the time the stun ends, your shift will be back, or you'll be breaking down the door in 3 swings or less. That makes killing others extremely easy. Make no mistake, all of the Jason's are strong, and are easily capable of slaughtering everyone. But Tom Savini Jason is the best hands down, no way around it. He has no real weaknesses to speak of. And his perhaps slower moving melee attack is not a real weakness due to the ease and multiple uses of shift + grab, and breaking down doors giving no one any real time to recover.

But hey I'm all for them giving us another top tier Jason, with the same abilities. It will reduce the salt of seeing someone with the strongest Jason that they can't play as.