Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky

Points for couriers

Recommended Posts

So I was playing random counselors and as Tiffany, i dropped off objects to their objectives. Now, do you think it would be beneficial to reward players points for being a courier? I mean offensive players get points, fixers get points. If someone drops off a battery within a certain range of a car should they get points? Or is their speed the benefit they get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was just talking about this with someone from here in game tonight, i agree it should give some exp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You earn the respect and friendship of fellow players by being a courier. Not worth points, but still useful nonetheless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Points for finding the part and putting yourself on the limb to get it to a location while being chased...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically will drop the keys by the cars if I find them, the only thing I haven't figure out is how to drop items that are in your hands, which not really a big deal since I pretty much use A.J. so if I have gas or the battery I just go ahead and put them in the car for the others.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would encourage fast/Low repair characters from attempting to fix objectives, and encourage more team work.

Yes you get some points from picking up a part, but not compared to a councillor that does the repair.

Maybe there's a proximity from the objective and only a one time bonus per part, so people can't abuse it. 

The point system could be called "special delivery" or I dunno " free shipping" maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

I typically will drop the keys by the cars if I find them, the only thing I haven't figure out is how to drop items that are in your hands, which not really a big deal since I pretty much use A.J. so if I have gas or the battery I just go ahead and put them in the car for the others.   

Hold down to drop handheld items, tap down to drop inventory items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Hold down to drop handheld items, tap down to drop inventory items. 

oooohhhh....... Thank you! that was bugging the crap out of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You earn the respect and friendship of fellow players by being a courier. Not worth points, but still useful nonetheless.

Until you are off finding another part, that someone found and you didnt know about. they fix whatever and leave without you, even though you brought most of the crap there. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way it would really work is if it only gave a bonus one time - When you bring the item within a certain range of a compatible objective. You don't want someone getting the bonus twice from just running up to the car and running away to the boat.

But how far do you take it? Do you give the courier bonus to someone like Eric for just finding the gas and running it up to the car himself? How would the system tell between a "courier" and the person actually performing the task?

I like the idea, I just don't think it will realistically work. Low repair characters should make the phone/radio their primary goal if they are going for easy points....Hell, I evendo gas and batteries as Tiffany all the time. It may be a lot slower, but I've gotten good at hitting the cues :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just make it so you can carry vehicle parts in your off hand. Last I checked everyone has two hands. They could just give an accuracy and speed or stamina reduction for those holding parts and weapons. Not that that is needed because accuracy is for shit as it is. But this would atleast make you feel safer because you still have a weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kuebel33 said:

Until you are off finding another part, that someone found and you didnt know about. they fix whatever and leave without you, even though you brought most of the crap there. lol

There's always a chance of that. You find a part and help others escape with you, then you are a friend and earn respect. You find a part and they use and leave you for dead, then you are a tool, and they lose respect. Usually, I stick near the car and guard whoever is installing the part I've found, and hop in once the car's ready to go. By the time that part's in, the others come with the other parts, and we all leave together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

The only way it would really work is if it only gave a bonus one time - When you bring the item within a certain range of a compatible objective. You don't want someone getting the bonus twice from just running up to the car and running away to the boat.

But how far do you take it? Do you give the courier bonus to someone like Eric for just finding the gas and running it up to the car himself? How would the system tell between a "courier" and the person actually performing the task?

I like the idea, I just don't think it will realistically work. Low repair characters should make the phone/radio their primary goal if they are going for easy points....Hell, I evendo gas and batteries as Tiffany all the time. It may be a lot slower, but I've gotten good at hitting the cues :) 

 

A viable way of making it work would be an item needs to be within a certain area of where it needs to be. That item can only get points for being carried there once. If the person fixing the item also carried it there they don't get the bonus. If you get for 50 points for fixing a part, then being a courier gets you 20, since you didn't do the skill check stuff. If within the game you install a part you previously got courier points for they just transfer the points as "fixer" points. If you die while installing an item you don't get either set of points. 

This is an idea of something they could do. It also adds a range of counter play by giving Jason reason to trap those items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ricky said:

A viable way of making it work would be an item needs to be within a certain area of where it needs to be. That item can only get points for being carried there once. If the person fixing the item also carried it there they don't get the bonus. If you get for 50 points for fixing a part, then being a courier gets you 20, since you didn't do the skill check stuff. If within the game you install a part you previously got courier points for they just transfer the points as "fixer" points. If you die while installing an item you don't get either set of points. 

This is an idea of something they could do. It also adds a range of counter play by giving Jason reason to trap those items. 

It just isn't consistent enough for me.

A guy could grab the gas and just run up to the car for free points and run away. Then say Jason kills him out in the woods, and another counselor takes the gas from his body - if they then take it to the car to actually help their team, they won't get any points for it. At the same time I think we need to recognize that a big number of people will find the item AND install it themselves. All of these people would basically just be getting an additional free 20 points for not doing anything differently. If the suggestion above implied that fixer DOESNT get courier bonuses, then we are penalizing them for having high repair - Counselor A should not get courier points if counselor B does not get them for doing the same action.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SolidusPrime said:

It just isn't consistent enough for me.

A guy could grab the gas and just run up to the car for free points and run away. Then say Jason kills him out in the woods, and another counselor takes the gas from his body - if they then take it to the car to actually help their team, they won't get any points for it. At the same time I think we need to recognize that a big number of people will find the item AND install it themselves. All of these people would basically just be getting an additional free 20 points for not doing anything differently. If the suggestion above implied that fixer DOESNT get courier bonuses, then we are penalizing them for having high repair - Counselor A should not get courier points if counselor B does not get them for doing the same action.

 

 

Well if the guy doesn't drop it off he shouldn't get points for it. The fixers get points for fixing. It isn't penalizing them at all. This system would help them do their jobs more effectively since they don't need to be out on a limb. I'm just trying to figure out a way to reward characters that might be natural scouts get more points. If that happens maybe we'll see less AJ's on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good to me. If you drop item off within a certain range of repair you should receive a bonus. But realistically, if you bring the items then chances are you are escaping in the car or boat with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

Sounds good to me. If you drop item off within a certain range of repair you should receive a bonus. But realistically, if you bring the items then chances are you are escaping in the car or boat with them.

You get reward if you fix it and happen to escape thus will allow for more strategic gameplay to be rewarded. I've played too many games and wish that when I randomly got spawned as Tiffany or Vanessa I got xp for fulfilling their proper "roles."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be really wrong here but, I feel like Tiffany/Vanessa/Bugsy (low repair skill) has really high survivability, and they usually survive longer than the nerd characters (high repair skill). They both need each other to get the maximum points. I feel like 'repair points' is part of the sacrifice you have to make in order to increase survivability when you choose Tiffany/Vanessa/Bugsy. BTW, nerd characters died instantly if Jason finds them first and they have no weapons or items. (Die sooner = less XP)

My favorite character right now is Adam :) and you can see why!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...