This is just a random idea that could be cool! what if when you get close to Jason everything goes in slow motion? So when you fight him and he hits back it's more Dramatic and easier to see detail of what's happening (knife pierced arm blood squirts in air Jason grabs throat finger nails slowly dig into neck) and you can control and plan your next move and swing easier? Now you could have a countdown meter that once it's down to zero it all goes back to real time fighting!

Same could go with running from him and tripping on a log in slow motion as he gets closer you as a player would be like "come on come ON!!!! Get UP!!!!"

Thoughts on this?

• Like 1

I think if your adrenaline (meter or drink) kicks in everything should slow, or if you hit Jason critically where he is near death it should slow.

I just thought it could be cool if it were slowed down even just a touch I'm not talking slow slow slow to where you are waiting for it to happen just not fast where you can't tell what's going on in a battle

I like this idea. Slow it down just a tad so that it looks more realistic and you can appreciate it more.

Wouldn't slow motion interfere with the rest of the match? Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't know anything about game design, but could that work for a multiplayer game? Sure in a single-player game it makes sense, but that's because there are no other players to worry about, but in a multiplayer game you do have other players. Time can't just slow down for Jason and one person during an attack; it would affect the other players, too.

I don't entirely object to the idea, I'm just curious as to whether or not it would work.

• Like 1

That's a good point. Maybe the slow motion allows other players to know that someone is being attacked and they can then know that maybe they're now down one member and it then makes the uncertainty and panic much more intense? Or maybe it only slows down for a split second, just enough for the first strike whether it's by Jason or the counselor to engage you even more in to what's happening or about to happen.

Well, my main point was: time can't slow down for Jason and the player he's attacking and not slow down for everyone else. Even if it was for just a split second, it would still be kind of annoying to just be randomly walking around, exploring, and then all of a sudden everything slows down. If that would be the case, then it would just be a bothersome mechanic.

i agree with Widow, it would get in the way of the whole gameplay experience if it happened for everyone but wouldn't make sense if it was just certain people feeling the slow motion. but maybe if you wanted slow motion you could have if it were the last survivor against jason making the fight for survival way more dramatic knowing you are the last one alive but as for slow motion with multiple campers i don't see it being good.

maybe everything would slow just for a split second if Jason killed everyone except 1 person. That would let you know your ass is about to be handed to you in a sleeping bag.

I was thinking it only slows down the battle for a little bit only for Jason and his opponent everyone else sees or plays in real time and if they see the battle they still see it in real time almost like you the viewer at home on your side only gets to see slow motion?!?

Still like this idea