Kodiak

What would you guys do about the problematic players?

9 hours ago, LiamENGL said:

A simpe report system.

X amount of reports and you will be penalised.

Then you'd get kids reporting the good players so they would also suffer.

The fact of the matter is if three people are at the boat and one has a shotty.... well it's every man or woman for themself

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

The fact of the matter is if three people are at the boat and one has a shotty.... well it's every man or woman for themself

When this happens, that's understandable. But if there's only two people, and person B kills person A just to take the boat and go it alone, that's senseless killing. Funny thing is, I found myself in a 3 person boat issue. I fixed the boat alone, and two others came for it, coming at me with wrenches. I saw Jason chasing them, and said, take it, and ran and hid. I slipped away from Jason, and caught a lift in a car that was on the way out. Somebody said, miss your ride, and I was like, you got room. Had I not escaped, I might have been a bit upset. Next match, I spawned as Jason, and got my "boat hijackers" first. All's well that ends well...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

When this happens, that's understandable. But if there's only two people, and person B kills person A just to take the boat and go it alone, that's senseless killing. Funny thing is, I found myself in a 3 person boat issue. I fixed the boat alone, and two others came for it, coming at me with wrenches. I saw Jason chasing them, and said, take it, and ran and hid. I slipped away from Jason, and caught a lift in a car that was on the way out. Somebody said, miss your ride, and I was like, you got room. Had I not escaped, I might have been a bit upset. Next match, I spawned as Jason, and got my "boat hijackers" first. All's well that ends well...

What I don't understand about this idea is you lose the xp you gain by murdering a counselor (-200) as you get for escaping (+200).....

Why not stick around and try to get some other objectives done and do something with yourself. 

If I'm in a 3 man boat situation, regardless of whether I installed everything, If you want it take it. I'd rather find something else to do than spectate the rest of the match.

*Most people understand though that if they didn't contribute it's not their ride....most people.

1 hour ago, XLockX said:

Simple, we need a vote to kick players feature.

I saw how badly that got abused in the Left 4 Dead games and I really hope that never makes it onto this game.

• Like 1

Vote to kick never works usually people just blindly vote yes or people get kicked cause of the friend majority 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

*Most people understand though that if they didn't contribute it's not their ride....most people.

I had done a few other objectives prior to fixing the boat.

Most people do respect the ride rule, although more and more are starting to not honor that.

On 6/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, coconuts622 said:

Teamkillers - Lose all XP for the match. Repeated offenses cause a ban hammer to be dropped.

"Helpers" - Banned.

Disconnectors - Unable to join a game for a while when leaving early.

Exploiters - Banned.

Yes, I know I'm harsh. Oh well. Play the game as intended, and we'll get along famously.

This is why I've started hosting and becoming the "police" in my games. Any shenanigans, and you're gone.

Thank you! I think the same way! I hate people who cheat. . . . What's the point If you cannot play the game as It was meant to be played?

I have ran Into people who seemingly have unlimited sprint. These douchebags will pick a massive rock or building..... They will just run around It the entire match. It's funny because you can never grab them either. It's annoying as all shite.

On 6/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, rickyount02 said:

What percentage of players do you think fall into these categories?

From my experience so far on PS4, I would say less than 1% of players I've encountered used this sort of play style. 

People who exploit glitches in the map so they can't be killed just seem ridiculous to me. What's the point? The xp? Winning? Being a troll? If it's any of those reasons you're a pretty big turd.

It happens. I play on ps4 and I was currently lvl 30. I was trying to grind tolvl 31 because I wanted the Jason goes to Hell skin. I played about three games and all I ran Into was people who were looking to exploit map glitches.... Helpers and team killers. It does happen more often than you think.

Map glitches are a problem. It's stupid too - only 200 XP. Much more if you try and fight or escape 

On 6/14/2017 at 9:49 AM, Bigurn said:

Vote to kick never works usually people just blindly vote yes or people get kicked cause of the friend majority 

I can seriously not wrap my head around this reasoning.

If a group of people would vote to kick you out of a game for no good reason... why would you want to be playing with that group anyway? 

57 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

If a group of people would vote to kick you out of a game for no good reason... why would you want to be playing with that group anyway? 

this ^ 

plus with private matches, going back to quick matches is highly depressing, played three qm's today cause my friends were not online yet and just uhhhh. no mics no teamwork. complete shit show. 

@Khufu I have merged your posts. Please take care not to double post. If you would like to add onto something without conversation inbetween please use the edit button.

• Like 1

I was just in a quick session with a bunch of guys. I was Jason, and I killed them all. They were really annoyed that they all died. They actually started insulting me. I wasn't on mic, so it annoyed them even more to get no response. Next session, one of them and the guy playing Jason tried to track me down and kill me, so I found a shotgun, killed the traitorous counselor, and then exited the session before Jason could kill me.

3 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

I take it you never played final fantasy online or dcuo, neverwinter or any other mmo with DDQs 

3 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

I take it you never played final fantasy online or dcuo, neverwinter or any other mmo with DDQs 

Not with a group of people that would kick me for no good reason, but if people have some masochistic desire to play with doorknobs, more power to them I guess. 

I'd love exploiters to be punished. Had these 3 idiots in a match when I was Jason.  Can't believe they could just sit there for 15 minutes.   You see 3 people in a match with D1 at the start of their name on XBox, find a new game.  

IMG_1124.PNG

Well with daily dungeon ques sometimes you have to question random so you might get in someone's party. Dcuo had a raid called prime and it hard when first released, I qued in with a bunch of other randoms and we almost beat it but 4 people left, 2 of the same clan came in and invited 2 more of their clanmates. They started votes to kick people immediately so the rest of their clan could get in, and it worked. That's just how people abuse vote to kick

If you're on PS4, watch out for a player named DL_Sloan21.

Not only is he an unmitigated exploiter, he is also a racist, slur/profanity spewing, vile individual. Every single sentence is littered with profanity, name calling, and unsportsmanlike conduct. He's one of those guys who hates to lose. And if he does lose, he'll take it out on everyone with verbal abuse and will try to kill you in game. He tried to kill my counselor with with his character by using a lead pipe to attack me when he found me in game.

It also appears that he's figured out an exploit on the Packanack Lodge map where he glitches out of bounds and is able to stay there until the match ends (He was the lobby host and he kept picking the Lodge map every time). Normally when a person goes out of bounds, they inadvertently fall underneath a map and are stuck there unable to move. In this glitch, he was able to move out of bounds by the southwest exit of the map where the inaccessible barn meets the bridge out from camp. Jason can't get to him and he can escape with the police should they show up. It was interesting spectating him walk around out of bounds (as it was very surprising as to how far out of bounds the environment continues).

I wasn't able to see him perform the glitch (as I was still alive when he did so), but I was recording the whole match as proof to his douchebaggery and exploitation. I'm seriously considering sending in the raw footage to, in some way, alert a fix on the map exploit and to report the jerk.

Ok once I glitched with this Vanessa on the Higgins map but we didn't for a good reason because there was a person who was helping Jason find us so we went on that rock and we lived and the person helped Jason find he was get off there and we started T-Bagging him and he was like to us shake you ass ,and he was saying to me because I'm playing Tiffany he said who plays the flirt

Oh boy, people will find anything to whine about with regard to how people play. Now people are whining about the betrayal system. Hey guys, it's a system built into the game. It even has a name. Its existence isn't unintentional. Never let your guard down around your fellow counselors. That's it. It's on YOU, not the other players.

And you guys are talking about REPORTING and BANNING people for playing in a way that you personally dislike? Go screw yourselves. I've never killed a counselor as a counselor but I don't whine about people doing it. Get over it.

10 hours ago, gokaury said:

If you're on PS4, watch out for a player named DL_Sloan21.

Not only is he an unmitigated exploiter, he is also a racist, slur/profanity spewing, vile individual. Every single sentence is littered with profanity, name calling, and unsportsmanlike conduct. He's one of those guys who hates to lose. And if he does lose, he'll take it out on everyone with verbal abuse and will try to kill you in game. He tried to kill my counselor with with his character by using a lead pipe to attack me when he found me in game.

It also appears that he's figured out an exploit on the Packanack Lodge map where he glitches out of bounds and is able to stay there until the match ends (He was the lobby host and he kept picking the Lodge map every time). Normally when a person goes out of bounds, they inadvertently fall underneath a map and are stuck there unable to move. In this glitch, he was able to move out of bounds by the southwest exit of the map where the inaccessible barn meets the bridge out from camp. Jason can't get to him and he can escape with the police should they show up. It was interesting spectating him walk around out of bounds (as it was very surprising as to how far out of bounds the environment continues).

I wasn't able to see him perform the glitch (as I was still alive when he did so), but I was recording the whole match as proof to his douchebaggery and exploitation. I'm seriously considering sending in the raw footage to, in some way, alert a fix on the map exploit and to report the jerk.

Found this video of someone doing this very glitch. This is how that douchebag, DL_Sloan21 did it. Glitching outside the map just so you can win and troll everybody else is just pathetic. Man I hope this gets fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjNdd_UbGMk

19 hours ago, Andy said:

I'd love exploiters to be punished. Had these 3 idiots in a match when I was Jason.  Can't believe they could just sit there for 15 minutes.   You see 3 people in a match with D1 at the start of their name on XBox, find a new game.  

IMG_1124.PNG

I've run into this exact same exploit. It's infuriating!! (as are all intentional exploits) Unfortunately I don't think you can punish someone for an oversight on the developer side. We as a community need to simply contunue to respectfully bring these issues to the devs attention so they can patch them out. Im sure they hate seeing this far more than we do. 

Also I think losing cp would be a far more impactful punishment for whatever actions the devs find punishable. As others have stated once you're beyond level 31 the xp has a lot less impactful rewards. However you always want to be gaining cp for the chance at those epic counselor perks. And it should go backwards. If you have 50cp and do something punishable for 100cp it should put you at -50. I'm not suggesting which actions should be punished this way (that's up to the devs) but if there's something they want eliminated from this game I think losing cp hurts more than xp.

• Like 1

The Packanack glitch tactic is spreading. I had another idiot do it today in a quick match.

On 6/17/2017 at 11:59 PM, Bigurn said:

I can vouch for that. I've played my fair share of MMOs. You will encounter some less than favorable players, just like here. You'll also encounter some player to have memorable experiences with. The stuff that great stories are made of.