Kodiak

What would you guys do about the problematic players?

You could do what some games have done and take all the illegitimate players and put them in their own server, if the game ever gets dedicated servers. As a player I would like to ban them as a developer even though these people may cheat they are still customers and customers equal money

i had a tough 12 year old go full on [Removed] told him to leave the lobby, he stole the boat from the guy fixing it and then began to troll the people who tried to get in while making a complete ass out of himself, after he got away i was already dead so i told him he might want to just leave the lobby since i was going to kick him once the game ended, so began the i dont care, fuck you and fuck everyone, none of you matter to me blah blah blah, the sec i said i recorded the match and what he did and that i was going to post about it on the forums he bitched up said sorry and left the match, needless to say if you see camoman on ps4 avoid this little kid. a report feature would be welcome in some form or another. really need to start handing out scarlet letters to these brats. 

still waiting for the recently played with feature to work on this game like it does for every other ps4 game. smfh.

8 hours ago, coconuts622 said:

Teamkillers - Lose all XP for the match. Repeated offenses cause a ban hammer to be dropped.u're gone.

This should vary. Accidents happen because of friendly fire. How many of us have killed a counselor with the shotgun when shooting at Jason? I was also hit by the car because I was running to get in and the driver swerved at the wrong time.

I think it would be nice to see who is pre group in a match to see if that person is group with a jason  so that we can know if that person seems like they are helping him out.

I see way to many players acting like they are trying to drive away from jason but really they are just trying to let jason kill the ones who are in the car or BETTER yet when someone has a battery or gas and just idle or just stand there acting like they are putting gas in the car or fixing the battery but is not and  cause everyone to die.

@shwag please refrain from making remarks that can be viewed as a racial statement. Using that term has implications in its usage. You can convey your message without using such terms just as well. 

1 minute ago, JPops said:

@shwag please refrain from making remarks that can be viewed as a racial statement. Using that term has implications in its usage. You can convey your message without using such terms just as well. 

Freedom of Speech? No? Ok lol

Just now, CrowVizion said:

Sure, but anything racial in nature is against the rules. Just like you can't yell bomb in an airport or fire in a crowed venue. Use good judgement as that applies with most things. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrowVizion said:

Are you actually joking? Don't come with your freedom of speech regarding racism or stuff like homophobic things. 

44 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

Are you actually joking? Don't come with your freedom of speech regarding racism or stuff like homophobic things. 

LMAO actually I was joking...but ok

48 minutes ago, JPops said:

Sure, but anything racial in nature is against the rules. Just like you can't yell bomb in an airport or fire in a crowed venue. Use good judgement as that applies with most things. 

Just joking guys....calm down...ill try to be more PC

The problem is once you unlock Part 9 Jason at 31. The only thing left to do is unlock clothing or gather cp for perks.

In other words, there is less incentive for players to stick around, so they don't mind team killing, disconnecting, not getting Jason or Counselor or exploiting because they will just leave. They don't care because they have everything they want.

Now they could have made the Counselors and certain Jasons unlockables in the 60s, 70s and beyond but then the playerbase would've no doubt gone into melt down mode if they couldn't unlock things like that until well later into the game.

There are good solutions in here. The disconnecting ones and the team killers and exploiters are the EASIEST to solve IMO. The players who are friends looking to grief unsuspecting counselors when they are Jason and other counselors and then farming points would be the toughest to solve. Finding a way to pool them all together so they have nobody to troll/grief but themselves is the obvious answer, but not so easy to solve.

5 hours ago, JPops said:

lol wow ok people find that word racist now :-0 

i better go tell all my friends of a different skin tone not to call caucasians pretending to sound like they are in the wu tang clan not to use that word for them. 

i forget that the internet is full of overly sensitive types, guess i miss out on the participation reward for today. 

Teamkillers - Remorse stunlock.  Just like in horror movies when a survivor accidentally causes harm/death to another survivor, they freeze in place and go catatonic for a short while, possibly long enough for Jason to finish his kill and grab them next if they harm a counselor right in front of him.

Jason assistance - That's a tough one, because the game has no way of distinguishing between a malicious player and an inexperienced player.  Just request the host to kick them if possible or get as many points as you can and head to another room.  Eventually they'll get the idea.

Disconnectors - Set a number of "grace" disconnects for users having network issues.  After those "grace" disconnects have been used up, freeze XP for the next round.  This way, players won't just log off and diminish the number of available players, and will encourage them to stay in the rounds to get that counter started back up again.

Exploiters - This one is a bit more technical, but there needs to be a "grab" check that the game performs every minutes on a player as the game is taking place.  If the game is able to register that a player could be potentially grabbed, then nothing happens as the player is not exploiting a glitch.  However, if the game does a check and sees that a graphical glitch prevents a successful grab from being executable, then a timer starts with a check done each second and a warning is presented to the player letting him know that their "heart can't take much more of this" or something colorful like that.  After a few seconds of staying in the glitched area, they die of a heart attack with the same animation you see when a player logs off mid game.

That's how I would handle it.

• Like 1

Maybe a bigger XP penalty for team killers. But there are instances where it's an accident. I shot Jason square in the back last night with a shotgun and managed to kill the Counselor he was grabbing at the time. He was blocking their entire body...shouldn't have killed them, unless the idea is that the shot went through Jason and killed them.

Other than that, I'd just say a "search cooldown" for those who quit for whatever reason, and a "No Jason for 'X' amount of rounds" penalty for quitting before you die. This way those who quit the round right at the start because they didn't get Jason won't get him until they play let's say...5 rounds. That should stop them from punking out, seeing as how they'd have to invest a good hour or so before they could play Jason again.

Accidents happen though. Had a game earlier where this guy in a car hit a sharp corner and bam ran right over Tommy, and it was a total accident. The next round the guy that was driving the car the previous round was jason and actually let the guy he ran over escape in the car while he moved on to kill someone else.

On 6/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, rickyount02 said:

What percentage of players do you think fall into these categories?

From my experience so far on PS4, I would say less than 1% of players I've encountered used this sort of play style. 

People who exploit glitches in the map so they can't be killed just seem ridiculous to me. What's the point? The xp? Winning? Being a troll? If it's any of those reasons you're a pretty big turd.

you sir win a cookie for being correct that under 1% do any of the above yet 99% of the community pisses and moans it would make you think the percentage was reversed.

3 hours ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Teamkillers - Remorse stunlock.  Just like in horror movies when a survivor accidentally causes harm/death to another survivor, they freeze in place and go catatonic for a short while, possibly long enough for Jason to finish his kill and grab them next if they harm a counselor right in front of him.

That's an original idea, I like it. I'd go as far as to make them show up on the map, also in a different color other than red, maybe give Jason some extra incentive to go after them.

I'd like it if it gave you zero exp for the match if you registered more than two melee attacks on the same camper, traps and mowing people down is usually an accident in my experience. They should just block party chat or console parties period.....

2 minutes ago, ImALittleMonKeY said:

Me too. I got my popcorn and everything. I love these forums :)

from the replies, I assume it was the N-bomb changed into a W-bomb.... 

Rhymes with trigger but starts with a w would be my guess but who cares it was in poor taste

20 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

Rhymes with trigger but starts with a w would be my guess but who cares it was in poor taste

oh, lol.  

As a black man myself, i've never found the W-Bomb offensive.

Back on topic - glitches/exploits need to be fixed prior to any discussion on how to "force" players to play a certain way.

Betrayal is clearly intended, so if players wish to betray, I don't think it's something that should be changed.

Players "helping" Jason is something that happens in quick matches and not private matches.  This goes for ALL multiplayer games (in my opinion) but if you want like-minded people that play a "certain" way, you need to form your own groups.  If you're willing to play the random playerbase, that means you need to accept you will receive people of varied skill levels as well as people that don't care about "honor" or the "spirit" of the game.  They just want to have fun and win.  It's like Battlefield players complaining about PTO.  If people just want to run around and shoot stuffs and ignore the objective, let them.  They paid to play in this sandbox too.  If people want to make 3 man party chat and just help each other, let them.

To reiterate, only bother with fixing glitches/exploits.  Trying to control the way people play will just push players away from the title in the long run.  That'd be my advice to the devs.

Any word of ethnic religious or sexual hate ect I despise, bad enough it goes on in the real world but it is what it is. 

On 6/12/2017 at 0:22 PM, rickyount02 said:

What percentage of players do you think fall into these categories?

From my experience so far on PS4, I would say less than 1% of players I've encountered used this sort of play style. 

People who exploit glitches in the map so they can't be killed just seem ridiculous to me. What's the point? The xp? Winning? Being a troll? If it's any of those reasons you're a pretty big turd.

You've been fortunate.