Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

Does anyone even use block?

I find blocking to be useless. I have a better chance running or getting a swing out. This goes for both Jason and counselor. Anyone else feel the same?

• Like 2

Blocking is more of a last resort measure for counselors. It works best if you're cornered in a cabin with one broken window that Jason happened to put a trap next to. If you THINK the Jason is going to try and melee you (or you're playing against a happy melee swinging Jason) when he comes in the cabin, then blocking one of his weapon attacks and then quickly making a run for it is a possible strategy.

If you think he's going to go for a grab, then using the dodge while in combat stance or kiting it by running is another layer of mindgames.

Remember this is Jason we're talking about, and the game is supposed to resemble the movies. Survival against Jason 1v1 should technically be next to impossible, so the fact that we have a few options to work with and couple strategies to form is definitely something not to underestimate.

• Like 1

I use block quite frequently to be honest. Counsellors with melee weapons have a tendency to try and hit you from behind corners or when you're getting close to them when chasing them. A lot of people will turn and try to swing last second when they can't run away anymore. Popping the combat stance on and blocking whilst strafing means they usually always miss and if they do get a hit, they have a much lower chance of stunning you :) This is for the Savini Jason by the way, I've played him pretty much exclusively so far.

I use block as Jason if I'm being overwhelmed and it works quite well at breaking their weapons. 

6 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I use block quite frequently to be honest. Counsellors with melee weapons have a tendency to try and hit you from behind corners or when you're getting close to them when chasing them. A lot of people will turn and try to swing last second when they can't run away anymore. Popping the combat stance on and blocking whilst strafing means they usually always miss and if they do get a hit, they have a much lower chance of stunning you :) This is for the Savini Jason by the way, I've played him pretty much exclusively so far.

Just now, Brigadius said:

I use block as Jason if I'm being overwhelmed and it works quite well at breaking their weapons. 

Since I main Savini this should be a god send. I'll give it a shot with him tonight and see how it goes.

• Like 1

I use it often while playing Jason, rarely with the counselors. It helps from getting stunned, break their weapons and it can even deflect/block a direct shot from a flare gun and not stun you. ;)

• Like 1

I play more of a stealth counsellor so I only have flare/shotgun combined with fire crackers so he doesn't really have much chance of getting close without shifting. I always use block and stance as Jason because most players panic and try one hit stunning you then running for their lives. Block is so under rated...

It's very situational, if the councelors have been agressive I use it, it was the only way to stop a Tommy Jarvis from covering the last coucelor.  We kept hacking away, they'd heal, one kept trying to stun me while moving towards the exit.  

They  were slow on stamina so it was one of the funniest scenarios to play out. I was out of knifes, and couldn't use shift grab cause they would just stun and free the caught one. 

The block broke the axe and I able to move in kill Tommy and finish Tiffany.  

You use block for a counter-attack against a swinging Jason. You know after you taught him that grabbing is futile.

Tbh i don't even know how to block and don't really care either way the whole combat stance is a waste of time on consoles bc your playing with trolls and afkers glitchers jason counselor teams your dead or there dead in 5 mins. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Tbh i don't even know how to block and don't really care either way the whole combat stance is a waste of time on consoles bc your playing with trolls and afkers glitchers jason counselor teams your dead or there dead in 5 mins. 

Fair enough if you've found it to be a waste of time, but when used correctly it can make a big difference. Blocking has quite a few useful advantages. It makes counsellors break their weapons when they attack you, it increases your resistance to stuns, it currently prevents frontal flare gun attacks and it also currently allows you to walk over traps, but I'm not sure if that was intended. 

16 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Fair enough if you've found it to be a waste of time, but when used correctly it can make a big difference. Blocking has quite a few useful advantages. It makes counsellors break their weapons when they attack you, it increases your resistance to stuns, it currently prevents frontal flare gun attacks and it also currently allows you to walk over traps, but I'm not sure if that was intended. 

I know what it does i just don't like it on ps4 harder to get into then pc 

I haven't had good luck with it as coucelor block either. Usually jason sees I'm in combat mode and goes for a grab. The only time it works is if you dodge, that that's tricky too.

On 6/12/2017 at 2:21 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

I find blocking to be useless. I have a better chance running or getting a swing out. This goes for both Jason and counselor. Anyone else feel the same?

correct block does not block adn it doesnt even stop him from grabbing you. another reason i feel the combat system needs a overhaul.

Blocking is MUCH more useful for Jason than counselor. Especially if counselors decide they are going to surround Jason and troll him, try to stun him to escape or troll or kill him. He can block every attack except shotties and break their weapons and to be fair...that's his ONLY defense against that kind of playstyle, which I don't believe is seen that often, contrary to some belief. Its still way more a free for all and some team work, here and there.

Counselors only melee hope is in groups or the lucky moment when Jason decides to be free swinging and not block. I've seen more and more Jasons go with blocking though. The only trade off is Jason is MUCH slower in combat swinging than outside combat. I'd like to see it reversed to be honest. Faster in combat, slower outside.

Not sure I'd want counselors to be allowed to block his grab, unless they were ONLY allowed to block his grab and the trade off would be they would be hittable with melee swings. That could be the trade off for both. Jason can block melees and grab. Counselors can block grabs, but not melees.

Jason is the big, hulking killer and as long as stuns continue to put him out of action for sustained periods of time, especially the weaker Jasons with those weaknesses. He should ALWAYS have the advantage in close ranged combat. Otherwise hows he going to kill anybody? Answer that question?

People bitch when he slashes the counselors without thick skin to death, because they want him to use the get out of jail free pocket knife. People bitch when he grabs because its instant kill unless they have a pocket knife or friends around. You could change the grabs to a mini game event, but then Jason would have to be immune to outside attacks or he's literally NEVER going to kill counselors with friends, especially undead Jason where everybody can run away no sweat...and don't talk about separating the counselors and this and that...Jason has 20 minutes to work with. Lets be realistic.

• Like 1

Do you even block bro? :D

I'm still messing around with the whole combat stance thing.  I still don't quite have the hang of it but I've seen that it has its advantages. As Jason it really helps you focus on one enemy if there's a mob attacking you. As a counselor it helps you get a good hit on Jason but if he blocks, oh ho! Need to try this out more.