Microsoft today, Sony tomorrow and a few in between.  thread to discuss all games and previews and whatever else shown. 

Edit:

Xbox was a bust, nothing to exciting.

Xbox One...X. Are they serious? Oh man. I mean, the console itself is a little beast but what's the point if there's no games to play on it? All that power for nothing. Just like the PS4 Pro. Who cares about 4K resolution when the thing can't even perform at 60 fps? They're just trying to squeeze more money out of us.

Bethesda also had a weak showing but what do you expect? E3 doesn't always coincide with the development cycle. Nothing will beat 2015 when they showcased Doom and Fallout 4. 

Let's hope Sony puts on a better show. They usually do. 

Got to catch up on the full Ubisoft and Sony conferences yet.

But so far, I'm most definitely interested in Assassin's Creed Origins, The Last Night, Sea of Thieves, Metro Exodus and maybe Anthem and State of Decay 2.

What a lame E3. God of War looks good. Days Gone looks ok. Otherwise...not much. I was bummed they didn't have anything on Last of Us 2. That's the only game that I'm really looking forward to. 

1 hour ago, VideodromeStereo said:

What a lame E3. God of War looks good. Days Gone looks ok. Otherwise...not much. I was bummed they didn't have anything on Last of Us 2. That's the only game that I'm really looking forward to. 

Yeah, im interested in seeing what God of War  does with the norse mythology but other than spiderman nothing they showed made me want to make the switch to the PS.  Wasn't really that interested in any of the Ubisoft games to much but they had the best conference so far, lets see if nintendo can change that. 

Not much of an e3 this year to me nothing new I really want. Spider man, god of war and gran Turismo sport I most likely will get but knew about all them ages ago 

Only got excited by Wolfenstein 2, and the new God of War.

But with my catalogue of games I hardly ever touched lol, it probably will take a while before I go berserk and shop.

And then there is this Friday the 13th game now ;)...so much to do, so little time :) 

Nintendo did pretty good today. Metroid Prime 4 was a definite highlight announcement. Overall, this seems like somewhat of a down year for E3 though. Not much to really take anyone's breath away. No Halo, Smash Bros, or Last of Us being shown was a bit of a surprise as well... I would've thought one of the big three would take their biggest franchise out at some point. 

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Nintendo did pretty good today. Metroid Prime 4 was a definite highlight announcement. Overall, this seems like somewhat of a down year for E3 though. Not much to really take anyone's breath away. No Halo, Smash Bros, or Last of Us being shown was a bit of a surprise as well... I would've thought one of the big three would take their biggest franchise out at some point. 

Ahem.

• Like 1

@lHeartBreakerlGod of War is awesome, one of my personal favorite franchises honestly, but definitely not on par with the truly highest caliber of games such as Zelda, Smash Bros, Uncharted, Last of Us, or Halo. Those are the truest system selling franchises of each console maker. The reach of their interest to gamers as a whole is just larger than GoW. To put it in perspective, God of War 3 was the best selling game in the entire franchise at 4.8 million copies sold. Last of Us sold 5.8 million on the PS3 alone... Another 5 mil on the PS4. Even the original Uncharted, the worst selling of the franchise, outsold GoW3 and that was with less PR and install base.

Plus, they already showed gameplay of God of War at E3 last year. All they did was show more of it this time around. Last of Us hasn't had anything but a CGI teaser, so unveiling a little of that would've been a much bigger surprise and carried a lot more sex appeal. 

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

@lHeartBreakerlGod of War is awesome, one of my personal favorite franchises honestly, but definitely not on par with the truly highest caliber of games such as Zelda, Smash Bros, Uncharted, Last of Us, or Halo. Those are the truest system selling franchises of each console maker. The reach of their interest to gamers as a whole is just larger than GoW. To put it in perspective, God of War 3 was the best selling game in the entire franchise at 4.8 million copies sold. Last of Us sold 5.8 million on the PS3 alone... Another 5 mil on the PS4. Even the original Uncharted, the worst selling of the franchise, outsold GoW3 and that was with less PR and install base.

Plus, they already showed gameplay of God of War at E3 last year. All they did was show more of it this time around. Last of Us hasn't had anything but a CGI teaser, so unveiling a little of that would've been a much bigger surprise and carried a lot more sex appeal. 

That makes sense. 

I didn't know the last of us sold over 10 mil copies. That's insane. But well deserved. Never played it myself (xbox owner) but I know it's good. I'm tempted to actually buy a ps4 along side my xbox. Shadow of the Colossus remastered looks damn good and i've always wanted to play it.

Completely unrelated, but i'm sure Rockstar is chuckling at all these sales numbers rolling in GTA money. How long has that game been on best sellers lists? Almost 3-4 years? Last I heard it passed 75 mil copies sold.

• Like 1

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

That makes sense. 

I didn't know the last of us sold over 10 mil copies. That's insane. But well deserved. Never played it myself (xbox owner) but I know it's good. I'm tempted to actually buy a ps4 along side my xbox. Shadow of the Colossus remastered looks damn good and i've always wanted to play it.

Completely unrelated, but i'm sure Rockstar is chuckling at all these sales numbers rolling in GTA money. How long has that game been on best sellers lists? Almost 3-4 years? Last I heard it passed 75 mil copies sold.

it's pretty nuts where that game is on the sales charts. Just on PS3 alone, it's sold over 21 million copies... That said, I'd highly recommend jumping into a PS4 some day. I have a Xbox and PS4, and both have some amazing exclusives to play through. Last of Us 1 and 2, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, and Uncharted 4 are worth the price of entry for a PS4 alone.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

it's pretty nuts where that game is on the sales charts. Just on PS3 alone, it's sold over 21 million copies... That said, I'd highly recommend jumping into a PS4 some day. I have a Xbox and PS4, and both have some amazing exclusives to play through. Last of Us 1 and 2, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, and Uncharted 4 are worth the price of entry for a PS4 alone.  

Yeah, I mean...I loved GTA 5 soooooo much I bought it for PS3 and PS4 but I'm so over it now. I played the shit out of it. Didn't everyone? Who the hell is still playing that? 

Ok wait...just saw the Far Cry 5 presentation. OMG!  Now this I need to play!

Edited by VideodromeStereo

No love for Spiderman? This game looks awesome. It looks like it could be as good as Spiderman 2 for the PS2.

• Like 1

Yeah, having seen the other conferences now, I'm down for that Spider-Man game.

Also adding on God of War (I got increasingly tired and irritated as the trilogy went on, but I like this soft reboot), Star Wars Battlefront II (seems to address a lot of issues I had with the former), Monster Hunter World (might be my gateway to finally get in to this series) and Skull & Bones (seems like a harder-edged take on elements of AC Black Flag). Oh, and since there's a story DLC due this year, I really should get finally around to Horizon Zero Dawn as well.

So for me, that's 12 games there that I'm still interested in or have gained interested. Without going into possible indie titles I could possibly like too, such as Fortnite that Slashin' mentioned above.

Not really a blow-everyone-away E3, then, but with much to empty my wallet :P

Btw the combat in the Spiderman game reminds me so much of the Batman Arkham series...like a little too much. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It just doesn't do much for me.

Far Cry 5 baby!!!!