Sign in to follow this  
Aamano

Jason needs a delay on when he spawns/first morph

I'm sure it's happened to you. It's happened to me. and i've done it to many a people.

Game starts, you spawn next to the Car, and then Jason appears next to you and you die in the first 15 seconds of the game

The/A car and the main Lodge (sometimes the same location) are arguably the best place to moprh as Jason for the first time. I think that Jason having a lucky first teleport right into a lone counselor who hasn't had any time to find any items happens often enough that it should be addressed.

Jason needs a grace period before he can morph for the first time. A delayed spawn where Jason watches a 12 second cutscene after the counselors spawn,or even just make his morph meter empty when the game starts so it has to fill up first.

While it's a hoot if you're playing Jason, being killed off in 10 seconds before you've had a chance to open a door is very frustrating and i see people just quit when it happens

1 hour ago, slyratt said:

yes

i fix it for yeah:rolleyes:.

what jason should get first is sense them morph then stalk then shift, would balance out the game more.

I don't think he needs a delay, as he already has one. Most Jason's take the time to grab the 2 knives in the shack, so that gives most people 5 second head start.

If you're a stealth character and spawn next to the phone. Quickly run away and hide under a bed, or around the corner and stay crouched. Jason doesn't have sense at the beginning, but he can still see noise blips.

If you're a runner (Vanessa, buggzy, Tiffany) run as fast you can the opposite direction, but only for a couple seconds, and put some distance, and then remember to stay crouched, and wait, if Jason spawns in, don't run.

I rarely get killed in the beginning, and I frequently spawn at the phone and car, it's part of the thrill of the game, somtimes you get dealt a good hand other times you don't, and you must think fast to survive in the first 10 seconds of a match.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aamano said:

I'm sure it's happened to you. It's happened to me. and i've done it to many a people.

Game starts, you spawn next to the Car, and then Jason appears next to you and you die in the first 15 seconds of the game

The/A car and the main Lodge (sometimes the same location) are arguably the best place to moprh as Jason for the first time. I think that Jason having a lucky first teleport right into a lone counselor who hasn't had any time to find any items happens often enough that it should be addressed.

Jason needs a grace period before he can morph for the first time. A delayed spawn where Jason watches a 12 second cutscene after the counselors spawn,or even just make his morph meter empty when the game starts so it has to fill up first.

While it's a hoot if you're playing Jason, being killed off in 10 seconds before you've had a chance to open a door is very frustrating and i see people just quit when it happens

As a counselor, you easily have the decision to not go to the car or any objective area and book it immediately as the game starts. Even if you spawn near. It's very difficult for Jason to kill any counselor's in the beginning because he will not have Shift and will not have pocket knives (assuming they're not part 6 and did not pick up knives in the shed because they instant morphed soon as game started looking for a kill).

You have options with decision making and Jason has the most weaknesses beginning of the game that can be capitalized on.

2 hours ago, Aamano said:

Welcome to video gaming?  Sorry but it happens?  Just rethink your stategy 

Jason losing his warp right from the start would be rediculous, he starts far away from most counselors and for the Jasons who can't run, god knows how much the counselors would have done by the time you found some one. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

Jason losing his warp right from the start would be rediculous, he starts far away from most counselors and for the Jasons who can't run, god knows how much the counselors would have done by the time you found some one. 

I agree. Jason needs to get into the game quick to keep things tense and challenging.

I remember as Jason I just trapped the phone and I still haven't earned sense. I then morphed to the car and a group of Deborah's and AJs already had the car fixed and was just getting it started. All of this went down before I earned my 2nd ability!

A group of smart councilors who communicate through radio is very deadly for the Jason player.

• Like 1

Big ol NOPE. Counselors can achieve a lot until Jason can reach them with your suggestion.

Also, speak for yourself. I get 0 hoots by killing a counselor right off the rip. I do however get exactly 100 hoots when I insta-port after spawning as Jason to the car and there are counselors there causing them to panic and flee. Then I just go about my business and trap the car and break the windows and doors to the nearest cabin. Nothing more satisfying than hearing "FUCK! Of course you teleported to me right away! Not even 1 minute into the game and I'm about to die! Why didn't you grab the knives first!?" over the mic hahaha.

There's lots of times when all 3 car parts have been picked up and being installed on the car in under about 20-30 sec so no, not a good idea imo

hell no

a better idea would be more spawning locations for the counselors, apparently people memorize where the counselors spawn, so when they play as jason they have a better chance of finding a counselor the moment the game starts

30 seconds in, first ki ki ki ma sounds, jason now has morph, second ki ki ki ma ma ma doesn't change from when it goes now, so timing on gaining sense doesn't change, but it does give councilors a chance to get into houses, also make it so the parts for the phone don't spawn in the phone house, or car boat parts, legitly right next to the car. boom, problems solved.

While I do agree with this post, perhaps if everyone's music played as if Jason was nearby for the first 30 seconds it would incentive people to sprint right away and get in a better defensive position instead of waiting to see if hes close. Just a thought.

rewatch the intro before the game kicks off. you already get warned that Jason is in the camp and/or the camp grounds. 

all the counselors flee and scatter after Jason kills someone.

So why would he need a delay, if it is shown he is already there in the first place ?

yes I see one would say ; "but he starts in his cabin..." , this cabin has game mechanics, and is hellavu cool for Jason fans to start there imho.

So, no, please no delay.

No.

If you get an unlucky spawn, then run the hell away from it.

Jesus Christ all these "rebalances" for Jason are just gonna nerf him to the point when the majority of the people in the game escape.

which is the exact opposite of the purpose of this game.

• Like 2

Agreed - it seems some people want Jason to stay in his shack with a foam nerf axe, and if he ever gets the courage to come out and grabs someone he should instantly be kicked In the balls so hard that he is forced to teleport back and ice down the jewels for 5 min.

• Like 1

No need for a morph delay.  I've been a counselor many times where I spawn by the four seater or the phone or the main house or right by all of them in one area(I'm usually screwed in that rare case).  When I do, I get out of that area as fast as I can and maybe double back later.  Or if I'm feeling gutsy I'll stick around and see if he morphs on over.  It's all up to chance on what the Jason player is going to do.  Keeps you on your toes.  

You also have to consider the other 6 players.  If Jason is busy with you it gives everyone a chance of finding parts or calling the cops.  Of course you want to survive but sometimes your death can be for the greater good.  Also you could come back as Tommy for a second chance.  People tend to forget that. 

• Like 2