Sign in to follow this  
HodderFodder

How are you supposed to Tommy?

Whenever I end up as Jarvis, I run towards the survivors who Jason is chasing. But whenever I make it to where Jason is, 4 out of 5 times, before I see him he's sees me, shifts in my face and kills me before I can get my shotgun off.

How do I defend other players when I die as soon as I show up where the players needing defending are?

Do not run directly all the way to other survivors, get close and then try to find a way to help them. Avoid open spaces and roads. Sometimes it is better if you focus on completing unfinished objectives instead of attacking head on. Al ot of times I managed to call the cops and finish the car fixing and then just drove to all the remaining survivors, took them to the exit, let them escape in the car and then waited for the rest of the players to help them fend off Jason so they could escape.

Always do a quick search of the cabins you run by... knifes and first aids are always helpful.

• Like 2

How are you supposed to Tommy?

Step 1 call the police Step 2 try to save people and if all else fails Step 3 save yourself

Seriously, Survival gave a lot of great tips. I typically do what Survival said by looting cabins along the way and try to save others or try to lead Jason away from them for as long as possible, however, like in the video they had car trouble so when that is the case I tend to rush to them quicker and try to give them a chance to escape with the car by staying behind but this time it obviously all went downhill.

Another good tip in regards to the shotgun when trying to save somebody caught by Jason is to aim and shoot at his feet since the blast goes through Jason and often times kills the person your trying to save. Hopefully, that will get patched in the future but for right now that seems to be the best option for saving somebody when you only have the shotgun. 

IF you get that gut feeling Jason is shifting towards you move around awkwardly to dodge the grab, you will get better with practice at dodging those so don't get discouraged from it.

A lot of people don't even try to help others when they are chosen to play Tommy Jarvis so if your at-least trying your doing something right, whether your successful or not. At the end of the day, just have fun because this is what this game is about.

• Like 1

My biggest concern with tackling objectives is the likelihood others have died with the important objects so the items could be anywhere. I've died enough times transporting the gas to the car to know this.

I suppose another option is to get to a counselor not currently being attacked, and shadow them. Eventually Jason will show up.

Tommy is extremely useful all around when in the right hands...He's fast, has great repair, a walkie, a map, and his shotgun. You just have to use all of your resources.

Sprinting towards the other counselors is a good way of giving yourself away to Jason, though. And any smart Jason player will prioritize killing Tommy just to get his shotgun out of play (at least until someone else picks it up).

• Like 1