Sign in to follow this  
raf1ki

Simple Features Wishlist

This thread is meant to gather all suggestions for improvements that are not related to gameplay balance issues. This thread is for small tweaks and minor suggestions that Gun Media have probably already considered. Do not post big ideas, highly conceptual fantasies, or anything that would require lots of work to get changed. That means DO NOT talk about the following here:

• Shift grabbing
  • Grab reach
  • Instakills
  • Perk changes
  • Complaints about how one side is more balanced than the other
  • Ideas for new weapons, props, items, or anything
  • Weather effects (This is expensive to make work with indoors/outdoors, character clothing, footsteps, etc. It would be amazing but this falls under the fantasy category and is not appropriate for this thread.)
  • Changing Jason VHS effects or showing Jason which trap has been sprung on minimap. DON'T post stuff like this; it directly affects balance.

I'll start with a list of examples of what we can talk about here. These are things I've noticed other threads about, but this thread will gather them all in one place. I'll try to edit this post to keep it updated with reasonable requests.

• Let us type to each other after we die - text chat is pretty important to online games. Doom 2016 has a major problem with its lack of text chat and its multiplayer community.
  • Let us change our perks after we die (if this won't overload the perk servers). There is never enough time to change perks in the lobby since making the start timer only 30 seconds.
  • Change Tommy so he only says "I've gotta get out of here" when he is the last one alive - not as soon as he shows up.
  • Consider a very small penalty for those who leave immediately or before they die. Many players do this when they aren't given Jason, and having fewer counselors makes the game harder for the rest. We don't need to ban them for half an hour or something ridiculous, but if they can't join a game for 1 minute afterwards they will probably stop. Or it could escalate with more games they leave in a row. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 being the very maximum, and resetting to 0 as soon as they play til they die. This does not penalize somebody who has something come up or who quits a toxic game.
  • Make it so the window kill breaks the window even if its open - it's kind of strange to see blood spatter the windowsill when a dead body flies through an open window.
  • Fix what currently happens when somebody ragequits mid-kill by Jason
  • Rotate which Jasons are shown on the main menu.
  • Let us rotate through fixed angles of all the dead counselors :D The camp cameras are all but useless
  • Increase the angles from which Jason can grab throwing knives or change how the button displays. The button will sometimes display but it won't work unless you stand to the left of them.
  • Can we change the car radio station too? E has us step out of the car, but maybe holding E... (Hey! that's just like the portable radio)
  • Alternate end scenes - people have proposed showing counselors huddling under police sirens when the majority escape. Or having Jason silhouetted in the background as an empty canoe drifts by would be neat. Mother's head and voice is getting tiresome. We definitely need one for when Jason is killed.
  • Let us randomize our kill choices with Jason! If we leave a choice blank, it should randomly select a new kill every game (or even better, every kill).
  • Same for perks and clothing
  • 6/11/17 Stats on scoreboard at the end of the round - time escaped, XP earned per player
  • 6/11/17 Post game MVP vote for 200 XP
  • 6/11/17 Stop having counselors say "Is that a dead body?" If they witness a kill
  • Like 2

With the text after death, I hope you mean only to other dead players. Also, I think this game lacks it because it's so heavily reliant on mics so we can all just talk instead. Which blows my mind about pubs btw. Amazes me how people can find any enjoyment without a mic on this game. And 99% of pub matches are silent. Boooorrring.

Correct. And yeah of course, but it would be a nice gesture to those without mics, and if anything, could stimulate more spoken conversation in the afterlife. I agree - lately I'm checking that people have mics before I stick around in lobbies.

I would propose making the intro / outro videos shorter, skippable or perhaps get rid of them completely.

I would also like seeing another "hero" character besides T. Jarvis being able to be called into action (Maybe Tina, Creighton Duke?). Speaking of Tommy he needs to be better equipped... a knife and first aid spray perhaps. Because I cannot tell you how many times I have seen Tommys getting shift grabbed and killed on the spot 5 seconds after they spawned.

Put in some communication tools for people who do not use microphones. I do, but I can tell after 50 hours in the game, 99% of public matches are silent... or full of screaming kids and russians.

• Like 1

Set Jason to run/fast walk as default. Every single action Jason does, he's set back to "move slow". Which is really tedious--the only reason you want to walk is if you are RPing as Jason. Otherwise, you want to move as fast as possible at all times. Adding the extra step of setting to walk is thus an unnecessary step.

Allow players to enter a private game by themselves. Currently you need 2 players to enter a private game. However, solo games could be used to either practice or exploring the maps without needing a buddy to tag along. Yes, I know there is a single player planned, but that may just be a single-player Campaign, and players may not have the option to be a counselor in a single player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Survival said:

Put in some communication tools for people who do not use microphones. I do, but I can tell after 50 hours in the game, 99% of public matches are silent... or full of screaming kids and russians.

Some canned voice lines to pick from a radial menu would be really ideal. Are there any buttons left on the controller?

• Like 1

Make it so you can't die while being thrown by Jason out of a first floor open window. Keep the councilor stunned for a second longer so Jason can finish him off. But as it is, it's easily the weakest kill in the game.

12 hours ago, raf1ki said:

This thread is meant to gather all suggestions for improvements that are not related to gameplay balance issues. This thread is for small tweaks and minor suggestions that Gun Media have probably already considered. Do not post big ideas, highly conceptual fantasies, or anything that would require lots of work to get changed. That means DO NOT talk about the following here:

i dont think you know how much work it takes to make those changes you think are small.

Please enlighten me. They take work, but less work than creating new characters, maps, or many of the other fantasies that clutter this forum and will never be used. Most of the suggestions can be done by one coder and they are much more pragmatic in terms of functionality. I didn't say they all need to be done or else, I said this was a place to gather more feasible requests amidst all of the clutter.

Good thread. The time in minutes that someone died on, in the in game and after game summary. 

Also a ranking system of XP earned. Sometimes the forgotten heroes who die, do all the work - and this isn't reflected in the end game summary. Work ethic isn't represented at all, and in a game where a lot of work is required to succeed...it should be. 

• Like 1

A post game vote for team MVP with a 200 xp bonus. 

This would be for the guy that either did the most work getting parts or for someome that sacrificed him or herself for the greater good.

• Like 2

Renamed the thread. Also on my wishlist: having this thread stickied :wub:

I would like to have a full model viewer for both the Jasons and Counselors in the customize menu. Something like in the Arkham games.

I feel that Adam especially needs this so you can actually what's on the back of his jacket when you select one. This would in general help with Counselor clothing customization.

• Like 1

I can create characters for games in less than two hours, and unreal engine has an auto terrain tool that can generate a whole map with trees, water, grass, and rocks in less than 15 minutes. The stuff classified in this thread as easier than that amazes me. 

two boats and a two seater car/two 2 seater cars and a boat.

It would add more variety to the game without taking very much work by the devs.

I came up with an idea about escape variety

They should implement a new way to escape that is random, like how it's either a 2 and 3 seater car, or a 4 seater and a boat, they could make a 'twinkie' VW van that's a 6 seater. To make it more balanced, they could require 5 tasks to 'fix' the van. I'm including the keys as one task, like with the current cars. This would mid up the escaping potentials and shouldn't be too difficult for the developers to create. They only need to make another vehicle, and two more 'parts' to attach, since the keys, gas, and battery are already in the game. 

Another escape variation could be something more having to do with water...Since water jasons are already underopowered. So, I propose this:
sometimes the map could spawn with a two boats and a 2 seater car. there's already at least two spawns for the boat on each map, so this shouldn't be difficult at all to implement... In fact i'm shocked that it's not already a thing.

8 minutes ago, Not gay but $30 is $30 said:
two boats and a two seater car/two 2 seater cars and a boat.

It would add more variety to the game without taking very much work by the devs.

I came up with an idea about escape variety

They should implement a new way to escape that is random, like how it's either a 2 and 3 seater car, or a 4 seater and a boat, they could make a 'twinkie' VW van that's a 6 seater. To make it more balanced, they could require 5 tasks to 'fix' the van. I'm including the keys as one task, like with the current cars. This would mid up the escaping potentials and shouldn't be too difficult for the developers to create. They only need to make another vehicle, and two more 'parts' to attach, since the keys, gas, and battery are already in the game. 

Another escape variation could be something more having to do with water...Since water jasons are already underopowered. So, I propose this:
sometimes the map could spawn with a two boats and a 2 seater car. there's already at least two spawns for the boat on each map, so this shouldn't be difficult at all to implement... In fact i'm shocked that it's not already a thing.

Maybe for the 6 seater van finding two tires for it around the map could give it a better balance? And why not make the canoes usable? Finding oars for them, make paddling use stamina and the canoes go slower, but make the oars close to the canoes so you have a way to escape right off the bat but its riskier than the rest.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TurbalanceRJC4 said:

Maybe for the 6 seater van finding two tires for it around the map could give it a better balance? And why not make the canoes usable? Finding oars for them, make paddling use stamina and the canoes go slower, but make the oars close to the canoes so you have a way to escape right off the bat but its riskier than the rest.

I completely agree. I was just thinking that actually...the tires. Also, I thought about canoes and paddles. I'm honestly sad that the devs have either; (1) not thought of this, or (2) did think of it and didn't include it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Not gay but $30 is $30 said:

I completely agree. I was just thinking that actually...the tires. Also, I thought about canoes and paddles. I'm honestly sad that the devs have either; (1) not thought of this, or (2) did think of it and didn't include it.

It just makes sense! I feel like the canoes should have been a given from the start. it gives a means of escape and the oars as weapons. Two birds with one stone. 

• Like 1

Uh, hey guys, this thread is NOT for gameplay balance suggestions or new gameplay elements. I guess the original post wasn't clear enough, but this thread is only for non-gameplay features, like UI elements and other extraneous additions.

11 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Being able to switch songs on the in game radio like the one in the virtual cabin.

You can do that. Just hold "E" instead of pressing it.

11 hours ago, Survival said:

You can do that. Just hold "E" instead of pressing it.

I didn't know this, I will give this a try!

On 2017-06-11 at 7:14 AM, raf1ki said:

• 6/11/17 Post game MVP vote for 200 XP

Hell yeah. That I like a lot.

What does everyone else think about adding each player's death camera to the rotation? Once you get killed, you start by looking at your dead body, and then you could cycle through all of them to see where and how they died :D

Ability to pan 360 degrees with the camp cameras. 

Likewise, ability to view counselor and Jason skins with a 360 degree pan around feature. 

• Like 1