Jump to content
Miss AJ

Flashlights? Your thoughts...

Recommended Posts

I always like to keep my flashlight on as I can see dark spots better & keep fear in check. Sometimes the house or locations outside are so dark you can't see a thing, including drawer contents.  

People are always saying "Turn off that light!!" LoL  A lot of players think that staying in darkness makes you stealthier & Jason can see the flashlight?  I really don't think it matters cause Jason senses players thru their fear & their red outline.  What do you guys think? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Jason sees you any better. But (I'm not 100% sure about this) I think the flashlight helps to keep your fear down in dark houses where Jason took out the power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

I always like to keep my flashlight on as I can see dark spots better & keep fear in check. Sometimes the house or locations outside are so dark you can't see a thing, including drawer contents.  

People are always saying "Turn off that light!!" LoL  A lot of players think that staying in darkness makes you stealthier & Jason can see the flashlight?  I really don't think it matters cause Jason senses players thru their fear & their red outline.  What do you guys think? 

You can see flashlights extremely well when all the Power is turned off, harder to see when the regular lights are on tho. Its especially easy if you're running around with it, if you wanna lower your fear stand infront of a objective and turn it on so the light is not noticeable. I've found alot of Players that way. Its surprisingly well to see even across the Map. Higgins Haven for example when you look at the barn across the River you can still see the Flashlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the flashlight when the fear gets high, but when I'm Jason I'm always using sense or looking for the sound circles. I barely notice the flashlights. 

I'm too busy screwing up the shift/grab!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I use the flashlight when the fear gets high, but when I'm Jason I'm always using sense or looking for the sound circles. I barely notice the flashlights. 

I'm too busy screwing up the shift/grab!

Im not good at the shift grab either, i go for it, miss horribly, then say "screw it" and poke them a few times with my weapon, then grab them when they can't run anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss shift-grabs too all the time! I swear some Jason's got it down & morphing as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of you will get better in time with the Shift/Grab combo. A little practice goes a long way. I think it was my 20th match before I finally got the hang out it. Using Morph in combination with that, and you be racking up all the kills. Aiming the flashlight so that it doesn't draw a lot of attention is a wise move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

All of you will get better in time with the Shift/Grab combo. A little practice goes a long way. I think it was my 20th match before I finally got the hang out it. Using Morph in combination with that, and you be racking up all the kills. Aiming the flashlight so that it doesn't draw a lot of attention is a wise move.

I've been on since day one release and have only been Jason 3 times. It's a bit depressing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll get better with time. The more you play, the more times you could play as Jason. Do you have your spawn preference set for Jason?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always use my flashlight when I'm outside, if I'm indoors and the power is on, than I keep it off.

as Jason I always sense players who don't use their flashlights. Very rarely do their flashlights give them away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my preference set for counsellors until I started practising as Jason. Now the pref is set for him and I have been Jason quite a number of times. 

Love starting off in that luxurious and well kept house of his. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I always use my flashlight when I'm outside, if I'm indoors and the power is on, than I keep it off.

as Jason I always sense players who don't use their flashlights. Very rarely do their flashlights give them away.

That's what I figured, I don't see beams of lights when I'm hunting players as Jason. There's times when it night time? It's so dark, I don't see how you can find anything or bump into things without a light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting. As a counselor, I use my flashlight in dark houses but when I go outside or through the woods, I turn it off so Jason doesn't see me. 

However, as Jason, I don't recall ever finding somebody by seeing their flashlight in the dark woods. 

Interesting... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the flashlight keeps your fear down. If anybody tells you differently, they're wrong. But you probably should turn it off in well lit areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It'll get better with time. The more you play, the more times you could play as Jason. Do you have your spawn preference set for Jason?

I definitely do. I think my Jason luck is not in my favor. I've unlocked the part 9 Jason finally but have yet to get to play him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen and caught plenty of counselors via seeing their flashlight..

but I could also catch them via sense.

 

Personally when I'm counselor I just keep it on.  I used to never use it, but I've ended up evading his "sense" check more often via having it on at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2017 at 3:58 AM, Miss AJ said:

I always like to keep my flashlight on as I can see dark spots better & keep fear in check. Sometimes the house or locations outside are so dark you can't see a thing, including drawer contents.  

People are always saying "Turn off that light!!" LoL  A lot of players think that staying in darkness makes you stealthier & Jason can see the flashlight?  I really don't think it matters cause Jason senses players thru their fear & their red outline.  What do you guys think? 

The flashlight is basically a give-away of where your counselor is, inside the house. If you are trying to hide your position in an house, turn it off.
Jason is bound to notice you by the usual audio bubbles, or sense. The light only helps in pinpointing after he already knows the general location

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My flashlight is 99.5% on only turn it off if Jason is near and if someone tells me it off and they have the shot gun because I've been shot for not turning my flashlight off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost always have my flashlight on to keep my fear down. If Jason is nearby I simply aim my flashlight at a wall or rock and get up next to it so my flashlight is still on but the actual light from it is concealed by the object in front of me so Jason doesn't see it and notice me.

I had people in one lobby one night get SUPER salty at me complaining I kept surviving every round despite never turning my flashlight off. It was really dumb on their part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have the right idea however walking around with it on the entire game is risky. If I am going through a dark patch or through the woods I'll flick it on but once I am back in light I shut it off. It can very well give away your location. Especially if Jason cuts the power and I am in a cabin I'll shut off my light hide in a corner and when he enters the room crack him with a bat or something. The light is useful but make sure you also use it wisely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust me, if you're running around in a dark cabin, your flashlight WILL immediately give you away. I can see the flashing of your movement from quite far away, and if I'm right outside the house, I'll see your exact position in the house (and if you're going to try to ambush me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

My flashlight is 99.5% on only turn it off if Jason is near and if someone tells me it off and they have the shot gun because I've been shot for not turning my flashlight off

Wow, I can't believe someone shot you because you didn't turn off you're flashlight. Some players I swear! 

I helped gas up the boat & then Tommy Jarvis comes up & shoots me to get out of the boat as his friend is waiting to pick him up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Miss AJ said:

Wow, I can't believe someone shot you because you didn't turn off you're flashlight. Some players I swear! 

I helped gas up the boat & then Tommy Jarvis comes up & shoots me to get out of the boat as his friend is waiting to pick him up. 

Wow butt face

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2017 at 6:04 PM, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

I definitely do. I think my Jason luck is not in my favor. I've unlocked the part 9 Jason finally but have yet to get to play him. 

I have the exact same problem as you. I've only been Jason four or five times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...