Sign in to follow this  
ArlanKels

Playing As Jason Makes You An AHole?

I'm wondering if other players are starting to run across this trend.

I've been getting a lot of flak from other players whenever I play Jason, and by flak I mean abusive language.  For the most part I shrug it off, it sucks getting killed by Jason and I can get that.  Name calling and all that toward Jason?  Hell, everybody does it.

But it's starting to spread into my counselor matches.  An example of this would be what just happened, and made me end up quitting out of the game due to irritation.  I played Jason, people were grumpy toward me, and then when I wasn't Jason the next round one of the previous round Counselors came up with a shotgun and killed me, then mocked my dead corpse and looted everything off of my body.

And on a side note my playstyle of Jason is not insta-grab, insta-kill.  I tend to go for not only environmental kills but I try to kill every single player in a different way.

Only time I get mad at a Jason is if he's just hitting people to death, using the default choke kill (SUPER LAME!), or if the Jason himself is being an asshole. Getting killed sucks already but seeing a cool animation makes up for it mostly to me so when I get cheated out of a cool death I get annoyed. 

1 hour ago, ArlanKels said:

when I wasn't Jason the next round one of the previous round Counselors came up with a shotgun and killed me, then mocked my dead corpse and looted everything off of my body.

That is hilariously short-sighted. They are only screwing themselves by giving Jason one less counselor to deal with.

As for people calling you an a-hole as Jason, well, you kind of are. You just need to own it. YEAH IM AN ASSHOLE WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT??

• Like 1

On XBox LIVE you can report these people for their griefing.

If someone gets reported enough times they can find themselves having their online privileges revoked.

You get some of these griefers in a match?

Report, block, avoid and move on.

Another great thing about XBox LIVE is that it puts people who play a certain way with people who also play a certain way.

If you're a bit of a griefing jerk in online play, keep it up and you'll only find yourself matched with other griefing jerks in online play.

In the end you get what you want, which is a decent game.

They get what they deserve.

17 minutes ago, Azrael008uk said:

On XBox LIVE you can report these people for their griefing.

If someone gets reported enough times they can find themselves having their online privileges revoked.

You get some of these griefers in a match?

Report, block, avoid and move on.

Another great thing about XBox LIVE is that it puts people who play a certain way with people who also play a certain way.

If you're a bit of a griefing jerk in online play, keep it up and you'll only find yourself matched with other griefing jerks in online play.

In the end you get what you want, which is a decent game.

They get what they deserve.

I'm a PC Player, but that's a pretty neat thing.  Didn't know the XBox live system had that in place.

Playing as Jason doesn't make you an a-hole. Being an a-hole before playing makes you an a-hole. Don't let other players ruin your enjoyment of the game. If you are Jason, own the match. Get that weapon bloody! :P

• Like 2

Guess I'll be that asshole that kills them then.<_<

Some times when I play the Jason player taunts the counsellors as they are hunting them. I don't. I remain silent as Jason no matter what gets said to me. I mostly have people asking me to spare them and such.

The worst "Trolling" i have ever done as Jason, is start singing "Why can't we be friends" while chasing counselors.

• Like 1

I don't mind it when the Jason player taunts me if I'm trapped in a house or whatever. It's part of the fun. I just try to play Jason in character.

Unfortunately it carries over into real life...

Like I prank my friends by putting my actual mom's severed head in their refrigerators and then try murdering them, I live in a dilapidated awful shed in my backyard (much to the chagrin of my gf), and no matter how often I get killed I just can't stay dead...no matter how far fetched my resurrections may be.   

• Like 1

I do not appreciate Jason players being smartasses. Like when you get the sweater or put him in a trap or something he says "I do not appreciate that" or "That's not going to stop me idiot" in a condescending tone. Yeah, as if playing an intentionally OP character makes you a legitimate badass. Those people need to grow up.

• Like 2

I don't get mad at Jason players ever for killing me, it is their job after all. I get more pissed at the counselors. You know the ones that lead Jason to your teammates. Start attacking you out of no where without provocation. And when you fix the car, announce that all that needs is the car keys, and that person not on a radio comes to the car, gets in, starts it, and even with you right next to it, immediately drives off leaving you chasing after them telling them to wait. They get stopped by Jason, you save their life and then they proceed to leave you again. Those are the mean A-holes lol

I'm not being an asshole as Jason.  I'm just being a good boy and doing what mother tells me to do!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm not being an asshole as Jason.  I'm just being a good boy and doing what mother tells me to do!

LOL

• Like 1

Yeah the trash talking is getting really old now.

Its only kids who have just bought the game ... they're getting all excited, bless em

Jason's job is to kill you, so I don't get upset about that. I find it lame when the Jason just chokes/weapon attacks, but that doesn't upset me. I'll often request an environmental kill.

I just don't like players that taunt me when I play Jason. Especially if they're better at juking.

I was Jason in my last match a couple of nights ago and I had a similar unpleasant experience. The counselors were being really nasty talking shit to me. I'm also a silent Jason so I didn't respond. They were also trying to mob me and I heard that they wanted to try killing me but I wasn't having that shit. I killed most of them quite brutally which was nice considering how they were behaving but overall I got so fed up that I quit after that match (and this was a private match). I expect that kind of stuff in an open lobby but in a private one? Not cool.

1 hour ago, GarageNation said:

Yeah the trash talking is getting really old now.

Its only kids who have just bought the game ... they're getting all excited, bless em

I wanna tell 'em...step one, watch the damn movies. 

Totally surprised at how many people I have played matches with have never seen the movies. Strange that they would be interested in a game while being unfamiliar with the source material.

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I do not appreciate Jason players being smartasses. Like when you get the sweater or put him in a trap or something he says "I do not appreciate that" or "That's not going to stop me idiot" in a condescending tone. Yeah, as if playing an intentionally OP character makes you a legitimate badass. Those people need to grow up.

When I play as Jason and someone gets stuck on a trap or find my mother's sweater I say "Mommy doesn't like the fact you took my sweater." And if they get in a trap I go "Did you hurt yourself? I know a good way to heal a hurt leg." I tend to have fun with the players. 

lol try playing as Savini Jason...people get REALLY salty. I had the exact same thing as OP happen to me, except they didn't even kill me after a Jason round. They killed me just because I had Savini Jason in the lobby and this one kid and his buddy were accusing me of "pay to win". So when one of them spawned as Tommy Jarvis, they came up and shot me.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I tend to mute the entire lobby when I play as Jason in particular.

Until they decide to prevent communication from Jason with the counselors. I don't want to hear their whiny voices, try hard Jason killers/griefers, etc.

I had some kids yesterday gang up on me whilst playing as counselor. "You are the one with the Savini skin" "we are bringing Jason to you". They did and I just quit the match right when they were all standing there ready to kill me (including Jason). Granted... I was the host so I got a good A-hole laugh out of the situation :P 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol try playing as Savini Jason...people get REALLY salty. I had the exact same thing as OP happen to me, except they didn't even kill me after a Jason round. They killed me just because I had Savini Jason in the lobby and this one kid and his buddy were accusing me of "pay to win". So when one of them spawned as Tommy Jarvis, they came up and shot me.

Absolutely ridiculous.

You know I might actually have to change my preferred Jason back to Savini from random. I love arguing with salty kids, and the Savini Jason has most def provided alot of that even when I wasn't asking.

4 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

You know I might actually have to change my preferred Jason back to Savini from random. I love arguing with salty kids, and the Savini Jason has most def provided alot of that even when I wasn't asking.

I just couldn't help but laugh at them...and somehow I was the one who was "salty" about it.

Kids today are fucking dumb.

• Like 2