Sign in to follow this  
Tduck

Proposed changes for grab

Grabs-Shift-grabs, whatever.  
I understand that Jason is "SUPPOSED TO BE OP," but from a gameplay perspective, this is bad design and this is just unfun.  
Sticking as close as possible to the movies" arguments are nullified until they implement a L4D2 "survivors can see you you can't spawn here" system, because Jason doesn't shift into your vision and grab you in the movies.  
It should be based upon health, composure, strength, and possibly speed or luck.  
If you're at full health, then you shouldn't be grabbable, they need to be limping/injured enough to be slowed.  
This would encourage people to use knives, traps, clever approaches, etc, and most importantly, MELEE STANCE ON JASON.  
All arguments that being in a group are nullified because certain counselors like Tiffany or Mason with high stealth rely upon being alone in order for their stats to have a use.  Tiffany should stay away from others like Bugzy at all times.  

Alternate fix:  
Grabbing should reduce a Counselor's health by a certain percentage every second, say, 10% every second, and not be affected by 'thick skinned.'  So no 40 second grabs or anything, but if you grab a person at full health, it could take at maximum ten seconds, but if you hit them once or twice, they're already low at that point and they have between 2-5 seconds in order to escape.  

Another alternate fix:  
Grab could be unavailable until rage mode, and rage should be based off of the amount of damage taken, and last for a certain duration.  This could be interesting to see implemented.  

I do believe myself as well that the counselors should be damaged before being able to be grabbed.  That's how a lot of other adventure games (God of War, Castlevania Lord of Shadows, Dante's Inferno and games work.  And that same design would work here.

It's actually how I play so I make sure the counselors can't run away because they're damaged, and it makes for the easy context kills that may be near. 

Shift grabbing and instant death afterward from Jason makes things a bit unfair and I've heard people were turned off from Dead By Daylight because there was no chance against the OP killer.

Just my two cents... love this game though, I'm def addicted haha!   Awesome job team!!

There are several threads on this topic. please use the search feature before creating a new thread.