Sign in to follow this  
The Arrogant Man

"It Comes At Night" is a masterpiece.

And you should all see it. Avoid spoilers at all costs and go watch this movie! Fair warning though, the advertisements are very misleading as is the name. Do NOT   go in expecting a horror movie with a monster or slasher. It's not even really 'horror' exactly, though it is very disturbing and intense. It's more of a classic post apocalyptic thriller with horror elements. I bring this up because while my friend and I loved the film, most of the the (very small) audience was audibly disappointment. This was owed entirely to their mislead expectations. They were expecting a monster movie with jump scares. This movie wasn't that. It's a slow burn that leaves you in a state of paranoia and near panic. Go in with a clean pallet. You won't regret it.

Gonna have to disagree with you there man. It was very disappointing and incredibly cliche. Very little was explained, and it felt way too long, even though it was only an hour and a half. Acting and directing was fine, but that much misleading for a plot we've all seen before just brings the whole thing down.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, shaderaygun said:

Gonna have to disagree with you there man. It was very disappointing and incredibly cliche. Very little was explained, and it felt way too long, even though it was only an hour and a half. Acting and directing was fine, but that much misleading for a plot we've all seen before just brings the whole thing down.

Eh. "Fine" is an understatement. The acting and the directing were phenomenal. And it wasn't unoriginal. The setup maybe, but the execution was very unique. I'll at least grant that the ending was a little poor. Too abrupt.

It's just another "Man is the true monster" story. As soon as other characters got introduced, it was obvious they were gonna start arguing and turning on each other. It was Night of the Living Dead, but without any zombies.