Blackfyre1983

On Twitter they said they may change plans to sell the Savini Jason

In the tweet the guy asks if they plan on selling the Jason savini skin in the guy from the game respond not at this time but this may change in the future how is that not then planning on selling it later so all us backers were lied to and this is the proof that we were lied to from their own mouths on Twitter

Screenshot_20170609-123808.png

That's not what I was told would happen when I backed this game. When it leaked on psn I was ok with it cuz shit happens but this seems like they are planning on selling it and then that means I was lied to about it being BACKER ONLY

3 minutes ago, Blackfyre1983 said:

That's not what I was told would happen when I backed this game. When it leaked on psn I was ok with it cuz shit happens but this seems like they are planning on selling it and then that means I was lied to about it being BACKER ONLY

nvm

The person that sent out the confusing tweet misspoke and clarified in a later tweet that the Savini Jason would not go back up for sale.  

Beat this dead horse any more and we'll have to stuff it into a sleeping back and swing it into a tree.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RocknRon13 said:

Screenshot_2017-06-09-14-19-18.png

They plan on giving it away,  lol. I'm getting mixed messages here. Not for sale, but things could change, but it won't be for sale.

Quot+take+the+glory+for+yourself+go+fort

Glad they clarified that for us. 

• Like 2

It's clear to anyone thinking that they already plan to have it sold on the PSN.  All exclusives run out eventually. 

The devs likely have a plan to allow a set amount of time before they open it for sale to the public in hopes of squeezing a bit more cash out of the title in the future.

Otherwise, how do you explain it being on the PSN for a set cost, even if it was a "mistake"??  The only mistake was the timing of the release.

• Like 1

Just now, munkt0r said:

It's clear to anyone thinking that they already plan to have it sold on the PSN.  All exclusives run out eventually. 

The devs likely have a plan to allow a set amount of time before they open it for sale to the public in hopes of squeezing a bit more cash out of the title in the future.

Otherwise, how do you explain it being on the PSN for a set cost, even if it was a "mistake"??  The only mistake was the timing of the release.

This was explained by Ben, actually.  In order for the product to be hosted by PSN for backers to download, all fields of the related datebase entry must contain information.  One of those fields is the price field.  Since 5.99 is the closest market approximation of the 6 dollar cost of the skin when it was sold, that is what SONY put into the database. Error trapping processes would not allow that field to remain null.  However, despite that value being present, ONLY voucher codes could be redeemed to acquire the skin.  Someone at Sony just screwed up and published the item without authorization.  

3 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

This was explained by Ben, actually.  In order for the product to be hosted by PSN for backers to download, all fields of the related datebase entry must contain information.  One of those fields is the price field.  Since 5.99 is the closest market approximation of the 6 dollar cost of the skin when it was sold, that is what SONY put into the database. Error trapping processes would not allow that field to remain null.  However, despite that value being present, ONLY voucher codes could be redeemed to acquire the skin.  Someone at Sony just screwed up and published the item without authorization.  

I'll bookmark this thread and when it releases to the public later this year or early 2018 for exactly the same price you can say, "oh my bad, you were right".

For now i'll drop it =)

• Like 1

Just now, munkt0r said:

I'll bookmark this thread and when it releases to the public later this year or early 2018 for exactly the same price you can say, "oh my bad, you were right".

For now i'll drop it =)

Sounds fair to me.  I'm not above admitting to a mistake.

We've corrected the person who wrote that. They were misinformed. We do have some additional help working on customer service and they are being oriented at this time. 

It is not for sale. It won't be for sale. 

• Like 8