Sign in to follow this  
AikoRollingGirl

Savini Jason Too Strong

Hi! this is my 4th post on the forum and a one i am dead nervous about :( recently when playing i stumbled upon 2 matches against the tom Savini jason and i have a few problems with it. Before i get started i am not having a poke or prod at anyone for using him i just want to give some feedback so please don't butcher me for it. He can knock down full barricaded doors in 2 strikes and this is on ps4 for reference and can make me limp with 2 strikes even though i have a 41% damage resistance perk equipped. I think he is a pay to win character, if you backed and paid money then you can win easily by having this jason, being able to knock down doors in 2 strikes almost makes him have rage mode at the start of a match and the fact he deals so much damage makes any chance of stunning him or fighting him with a melee weapon almost impossible. I'm an experienced player with well over 100+ hours of playtime and i am around level 35, i know how to fight well but going up against him felt like the odds were always in his favor despite what we did. I dare to mention he has impossible grip too like all jasons but i was playing tommy and even the meter despite my taps couldn't fill an inch, i just want to make sure this jason is balanced and fair like the rest, there is no way for me to see his stats without having him which makes it even harder to know if he does have any weakness at all. 

Thank you to anyone who reads this and the amazing team behind this game :D P.s i didn't mean to offend or point fingers at anyone who has or uses him, i am simply giving feedback on my experience and the character itself.

f13-the-game-stats-and-abilities-for-all-jasons-feature_feature.jpg

I didn't know how to put video footage from my PlayStation capture gallery onto here as a reference for the things he did so i apologize for only having my word to back my points up :P

You can check his strenghts/weaknesses on internet/wiki but I wrote them here:

Strengths: Shift, Weapon Strength, Destruction,

Weaknesses: Water Speed, Can't Run, Grip Strength,

I'm playing on PS4 and own Savini. Tested all Jasons. Savini break doors and walls same speed like Part 8, and whack counselors like Part 3 Jason. For me hes just mix of them. Don't feel like he is more power than other.

Part of the issues that you are listing cover many Jason characters. Grip is impossible to escape from in the game currently without anything to protect yourself (another counselor knocking you free, pocket knife, firecrackers). Savini Jason has legitimate weaknesses like any other Jason. Destruction strength means he destroys doors in 3 swings (that's how many it takes for me when playing him) and his weapon strength is increased too, so don't let him hit you with the devil's pitchfork. If you think the live version of Jason is strong, I thought his pre-release version (the version Xbox One had for about a week) was really strong as an even better version of Part 2. Now, I would say Jason is pretty diverse across each version.

He's not OP. And not all doors break in two hits. Most of them in 3 hits. He's also very slow.

I think people get this misconception that he's OP because they know he was an exclusive and looks very menacing. So far, the only people that I've heard call him OP are people who know about why he exists. Everyone else just raves about how badass he looks and want to see him be played. Not one complaint from those people.

• Like 1

Played against my buddy who has Savini Jason every day since it released, it's no more OP than any of the others.

I have just over 100+ hours but had a bug that wiped all my cp and level, the patch fixed it for me so no problems since and the door he smashed in two hits was a small cabin door

@lHeartBreakerl Thoughts?

My own are that like other Jason's, Savini is a monster. He isn't better unless he suits your playstyle. I actually have an easier time killing everybody with JgtH/lumpyhead Jason. 

With that I love Savini and can generally wipe out a party or come real close. I've also yet to survive when Heartbreaker has been him. But I will at some point, damnit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AikoRollingGirl said:

Words

16 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

@lHeartBreakerl Thoughts?

Okay, i'll throw my hat into the ring.

I main as Savini. I'll give my general experience as him and address some concerns you have.

+Destruction - This is pivotal for me. Savinis strengths and weaknesses give him a very strong early game. It's three hits to break down a door (but the animation glitches so it looks like two). Entering in a room is the easy part, but catching those inside is the hard part.

+Shift - Juke often. never run in a straight line. If he's on your tail, don't climb through a window, jump. Shift is my main and deadly weapon with him.

+Weapon Strength - Yeah in about 2-3 hits he can make you injured. My recommendation is doing your damnedest to not let him get this close. But his over sized pitchfork gets stuck on literally everything when he swings. So if your indoors and he swings, make a run for it.

-Stun resistance - Savini is tough, but very squishy. This weakness is your blessing. Savini can catch up to you quickly and break down doors with ease. But step on his toe and he'll cry like a bitch. Savini doesn't only take hits, he absorbs them. Almost every hit from a weapon will be a stun. Use this to your advantage.

-Grip strength - This may be a weakness, but I rarely have anyone escape my grasp unless they're tommy or Buggzy. But this might be because of Jasons grip strength overall. Many threads talking about it.

-Water Speed - Only had to go against the boat once and I won. It was on Higgens and the certain path he had to take led him right to me. I lucked out. But honestly i find water speed to be the most useless strength/weakness.

Savini suits my play style of a fast, relentless, strong Jason. But with the trade off of being squishy. I kill every counselor in the game about 80% of the time. The other 20% is reserved for one or two people who escape.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Savini suits my play style of a fast, relentless, strong Jason. But with the trade off of being squishy. I kill every counselor in the game about 80% of the time. The other 20% is reserved for one or two people who escape.

I agree with the assessment. 

I'm probably similar in stats. I do TPK most often with a few surviving every so often. 

I also think this may be why JgtH works better against my group in that his stun resistance helps stymie the guys trying to clobber me left, right, and center.

Just now, Risinggrave said:

I agree with the assessment. 

I'm probably similar in stats. I do TPK most often with a few surviving every so often. 

I also think this may be why JgtH works better against my group in that his stun resistance helps stymie the guys trying to clobber me left, right, and center.

Yeah I think the less hit points but more stun resistance combo is a good trade off.

more chance for the mask to come off, But also more chance of getting fucked by trying to do it.

27 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah I think the less hit points but more stun resistance combo is a good trade off.

more chance for the mask to come off, But also more chance of getting fucked by trying to do it.

Nobody has managed yet. I really want to see it too. Stop dying so fast! 

Thank you for the feedback :D i mean no disrespect or to start a war just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts and thank you for the information on the glitched animation too

8 minutes ago, AikoRollingGirl said:

Thank you for the feedback :D i mean no disrespect or to start a war just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts and thank you for the information on the glitched animation too

Not a problem.

And some of us are reasonable here. Just remember that all Jasons are intentionally OP. And one who knows what he's doing should either kill everyone or have a couple escape. So don't feel bad if you die. I do more often than not.

@Risinggrave I'm still gonna try. I want to see his face in game.

10 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not a problem.

And some of us are reasonable here. Just remember that all Jasons are intentionally OP. And one who knows what he's doing should either kill everyone or have a couple escape. So don't feel bad if you die. I do more often than not.

@Risinggrave I'm still gonna try. I want to see his face in game.

My advice for you is to drop AJ in that case. Get somebody who knows how to swing a wrench. 

And yeah, @AikoRollingGirl it's all good. As Heartbreaker said, a Jason who knows what's up should kill most of the party. Savvy Counselors, or lucky ones can often work a miracle, but it's always an uphill battle no matter the Jason skin.

I haven't actually played as Savani Jason. But I can say that he probably has the best strengths, with very little draw backs out of all the Jason's.

+Shift    -Can't Run

+Destruction  -Water Speed

+Weapon Strength    -Grip Strength

He has some of the best pluses in the game, Shift and Destruction are both amazing strengths. Weapon Strength is icing on the cake. While his weaknesses are almost laughable. Water speed is used hardly ever, and grip strength is irrelevant with the games current insta kill after grabs balance. And not being able to run is by far made up for by his shift advantage. Since shift is generally how a Jason catches his prey rather than jogging up to them, unless they've run out of stamina.

So yes without a doubt he is the best Jason in my eyes. Anyone saying other wise is just deluding themselves. But hey maybe he does have a crappy melee attack that I don't know about. But reading just the advantages and negatives they are the best out of all the Jason's.

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

-Stun resistance - Savini is tough, but very squishy. This weakness is your blessing. Savini can catch up to you quickly and break down doors with ease. But step on his toe and he'll cry like a bitch. Savini doesn't only take hits, he absorbs them. Almost every hit from a weapon will be a stun. Use this to your advantage.

So much this, he is so easy to stun even with the worst luck players. Just this alone seems to balance everything else out IMO.

25 minutes ago, BloodyNights said:

So yes without a doubt he is the best Jason in my eyes. Anyone saying other wise is just deluding themselves. But hey maybe he does have a crappy melee attack that I don't know about. But reading just the advantages and negatives they are the best out of all the Jason's.

The stun resistance is enough to negate his strengths. If you played as Savini, you would know.

1 minute ago, Willie said:

So much this, he is so easy to stun even with the worst luck players. Just this alone seems to balance everything else out IMO.

It gets kind of annoying sometimes. But I think it's fair and necessary considering his strengths. 

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

The stun resistance is enough to negate his strengths. If you played as Savini, you would know.

It gets kind of annoying sometimes. But I think it's fair and necessary considering his strengths. 

Yes, especially when you're trying to stop a car with 4 people. My friends yesterday whooped my tail. Never grab as Savini Jason with 3 others around, just start swinging. :D

Well, you need to know how to play him, like all other Jasons in this game.

Everyone who leaves the game when Savini Jason is selected, is an ignorant idiot. Please guys learn to play and don't blame your inability to play on Savini Jason.