Glitchtastic

Proposal for consoles: one hour cooldown for hosts who quit in the middle of a match

I want to start off by saying that I have no idea why you guys use a P2P system on the console versions. This causes all kinds of problems. I urge you to switch to using your own servers like you do with the PC version.

Anyway, the biggest problem with the P2P system currently is hosts who quit in the middle of a match, usually when they get killed. When this happens, everyone else is immediately booted from the game and no XP is awarded to anyone. This is a gigantic, glaring issue and should have been anticipated. The 500XP bonus for completing a match is NOT enough incentive.

Before the matchmaking was fixed, hosts almost never quit in the middle of a match because they didn't want to risk having to wait forever to get into another game. Now that the matchmaking is fixed, this is no longer an issue for rude, disrespectful hosts, so there has been a spike in matches being aborted midway through.

Therefore, I'm proposing that the disincentive be brought back. Force hosts who quit a match midway through to have to completely sit out of further play for at least an hour, longer for repeat offenders. This will allow far more matches to finish and far fewer disgruntled players will quit the game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, seiferx80 said:

They just need host migration

i agree most all games just have host migration

• Like 1

Host migrationing and disabling access to the in-game menu during a kill animation would fix this.

Agree with host migration solution. There is no need to punish people with an hour cooldown, especially if you had to leave for legitimate reasons, be it your game was interrupted or whatever. It happens. I do understand the current situation is frustrating though, I hope the devs are on top of it because it needs fixing asap.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Agree with host migration solution. There is no need to punish people with an hour cooldown, especially if you had to leave for legitimate reasons, be it your game was interrupted or whatever. It happens. I do understand the current situation is frustrating though, I hope the devs are on top of it because it needs fixing asap.

only time i quit mid game as host is to punish cheaters and people working with jason for easy wins, done this twice so far tonight. 

• Like 1

It's actually amazing they don't have host migration. When the host dies he leaves and leaving anyone else in the game with no exp and a waste of time.

5 hours ago, Glitchtastic said:

I want to start off by saying that I have no idea why you guys use a P2P system on the console versions. This causes all kinds of problems. I urge you to switch to using your own servers like you do with the PC version.

Anyway, the biggest problem with the P2P system currently is hosts who quit in the middle of a match, usually when they get killed. When this happens, everyone else is immediately booted from the game and no XP is awarded to anyone. This is a gigantic, glaring issue and should have been anticipated. The 500XP bonus for completing a match is NOT enough incentive.

Before the matchmaking was fixed, hosts almost never quit in the middle of a match because they didn't want to risk having to wait forever to get into another game. Now that the matchmaking is fixed, this is no longer an issue for rude, disrespectful hosts, so there has been a spike in matches being aborted midway through.

Therefore, I'm proposing that the disincentive be brought back. Force hosts who quit a match midway through to have to completely sit out of further play for at least an hour, longer for repeat offenders. This will allow far more matches to finish and far fewer disgruntled players will quit the game.

I think that your idea will be punishing innocent players. And they can create a system to mark players everytime they quit... Thus, we can have a type of carrer resume of the amount of times each one quits the game and differentiate those who quit without guilt (connection failure, etc.) and those who give up more ostensibly  by their own will.

This type of system often punishes innocent people if not implemented correctly. I generally don't quit games but I have played several games with a system in place like the idea you have suggested. The server would boot me or it would not find a match and I would cancel match making and I it was to my surprise that I was locked out for a period of time. It wasn't a punishment as I just went an played something else instead. I also did nothing wrong to receive a punishment. These systems can be very fickle. I believe there should be something in the future implemented to avoid the whole game going kaput if host quits which will more effectively help in this scenario. 

22 minutes ago, bobmussini said:

I think that your idea will be punishing innocent players. And they can create a system to mark players everytime they quit... Thus, we can have a type of carrer resume of the amount of times each one quits the game and differentiate those who quit without guilt (connection failure, etc.) and those who give up more ostensibly  by their own will.

This is the main problem with this idea - punishing people that might just innocently drop or whatever.

On PC now, if the host leaves all the remaining survivors "survive" and get points. Is this not the case on consoles?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SolidusPrime said:

This is the main problem with this idea - punishing people that might just innocently drop or whatever.

On PC now, if the host leaves all the remaining survivors "survive" and get points. Is this not the case on consoles?

Nope the game just ends.

On consoles, if the Jason leaves or lags out everyone else gets xp. Happened a couple times unfortunately, but hey, free XP!

I have a better one, actual dedicated servers like we were told we would have on all 3 Platforms for Quick Play.

4 hours ago, JPops said:

This type of system often punishes innocent people if not implemented correctly. I generally don't quit games but I have played several games with a system in place like the idea you have suggested. The server would boot me or it would not find a match and I would cancel match making and I it was to my surprise that I was locked out for a period of time. It wasn't a punishment as I just went an played something else instead. I also did nothing wrong to receive a punishment. These systems can be very fickle. I believe there should be something in the future implemented to avoid the whole game going kaput if host quits which will more effectively help in this scenario. 

what about the glitchers and the party teams helping jason ? nothing planned for that ? it's ruining peoples time playing :-/ 

would love to hear what the team has in store if anything to hinder this stuff from ruining the game further. 

We should be asking for servers, not host migration. The devs were the ones saying the game would have dedicated servers prior to release, this isn't some unfair expectation when they said they would be in the game. Plus PC has them right now, as I think most of you are aware.