Okay, so when somebody triggers one of my traps when I am playing Jason I hear the trap going off noise, but I can't figure out which one of my traps was triggered, so I almost always end up teleporting to the wrong place (to the car instead of the phone box, for example).

Is there some way of telling which of your traps has been set off? I thought the trap that was triggered was supposed to blink or something, but if that's happening I'm not seeing it.

• Like 1

Just now, RKSDooM said:

Okay, so when somebody triggers one of my traps when I am playing Jason I hear the trap going off noise, but I can't figure out which one of my traps was triggered, so I almost always end up teleporting to the wrong place (to the car instead of the phone box, for example).

Is there some way of telling which of your traps has been set off? I thought the trap that was triggered was supposed to blink or something, but if that's happening I'm not seeing it.

The inner part of the trap (on the map) will fill red. They're not filled if they haven't been set off.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

The inner part of the trap (on the map) will fill red. They're not filled if they haven't been set off.

just filled in red? I swear earlier last week there was a different icon on the map when someone hit your trap. but recently like the OP said, I really couldn't tell which trap it was either . Must of been my imagination or something with the different icon. Thanks for that info.

The placed traps have a diamond shape in the middle of them. When the trap snaps, it goes red in the middle.

I also have this question and this thread is quite old, but I did a search before making a new thread.

I can never tell which trap is triggered. Is it the same still? Where the trap will fill red if it's triggered?

16 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I also have this question and this thread is quite old, but I did a search before making a new thread.

I can never tell which trap is triggered. Is it the same still? Where the trap will fill red if it's triggered?

Yes, the set trap shows the outline of a diamond, when it is thrown it is solid red. It can be difficult to tell if it's thrown or not if it is on one of the red car icons. This is why I don't like to stack traps if you have one thrown and set a new one on top of it or very near it you will not be able to see which one your looking at.

9 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Yes, the set trap shows the outline of a diamond, when it is thrown it is solid red. It can be difficult to tell if it's thrown or not if it is on one of the red car icons. This is why I don't like to stack traps if you have one thrown and set a new one on top of it or very near it you will not be able to see which one your looking at.

Thanks. That may be the problem. When I have a trap at the fuse box and then 2 at each car it can be a little hard to tell. I guess that means it's always one of the cars and not the fuse box.

when a trap is disarmed by someone with a pocket knife, does the icon change color too?

Just now, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Thanks. That may be the problem. When I have a trap at the fuse box and then 2 at each car it can be a little hard to tell. I guess that means it's always one of the cars and not the fuse box.

when a trap is disarmed by someone with a pocket knife, does the icon change color too?

Yes but it won't make the noise.

Like checking on the boat you need to check your traps regularly to make sure someone hasn't disarmed one.

Exactly. My vision is already bad lol it would be nice to have the trap turn blue or maybe yellow at the start, and red when it's been activated and a different color when someone disarms it. But for disarming maybe give it a minute to change so disarming it isn't pointless. But once you disarm it you should do the objective and get out of there anyway.

10 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Exactly. My vision is already bad lol it would be nice to have the trap turn blue or maybe yellow at the start, and red when it's been activated and a different color when someone disarms it. But for disarming maybe give it a minute to change so disarming it isn't pointless. But once you disarm it you should do the objective and get out of there anyway.

Try not setting your trap right up against the car. Remember how the animation looks when you make repairs, your feet are a good bit away from the vehicle. This can help to push the icon out to where it is slightly more noticeable.

34 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Try not setting your trap right up against the car. Remember how the animation looks when you make repairs, your feet are a good bit away from the vehicle. This can help to push the icon out to where it is slightly more noticeable.

That's a really great tip. Could be a life saver, or a good life ender ;)  I'm just always scared my traps are wasted and the counsellors can go right around them.

It's hard to tell at first if they've been triggered but once you know what you are looking for it's alot easier. I set up a private lobby with a friend, set a couple of traps and studied the different look to help me.

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Had anyone ever stated why Jason can't reset his traps? Councilors get to reset theirs.

I don't think any of the Devs have but I've heard plenty of players crying that that would be to OP.

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I don't think any of the Devs have but I've heard plenty of players crying that that would be to OP.

Everything is "too OP", don'tcha know? lol

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Everything is "too OP", don'tcha know? lol

Yeah...

It seems people think this game was based on something akin to Barney the dinosaur, and not an unstoppable killing machine.

26 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Yeah...

It seems people think this game was based on something akin to Barney the dinosaur, and not an unstoppable killing machine.

Gotta admit.........the thought of Barney running around a playground, in the dark and soaking wet, with a pig splitter. That's some disturbing sounding shit!!

20 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Gotta admit.........the thought of Barney running around a playground, in the dark and soaking wet, with a pig splitter. That's some disturbing sounding shit!!

Maybe in a future DLC?

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

Maybe in a future DLC?

I'll be fully onboard if they can promise it'll have Barney singing the song as he's hunting people down. 

21 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'll be fully onboard if they can promise it'll have Barney singing the song as he's hunting people down. 

If they were to go that route I'd support having the teletubbies as counselors.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

If they were to go that route I'd support having the teletubbies as counselors.

Mr Rogers decapitated head commanding Barney to kill the neighbors. Teletubbie neighbors!! "They must die, Barney. Kill for Rogers!!"

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

Mr Rogers decapitated head commanding Barney to kill the neighbors. Teletubbie neighbors!! "They must die, Barney. Kill for Rogers!!"

Goddamn...

Maybe we ought to quit giving away free ideas and kickstart this shit ourselves.