I was watching some of the old trailers(and rocking with Crazy Lixx -XIII song ) and i saw Part 2 with a spear and Part 3 with a pickaxe. Plus a pitchfork weapon with some familiar kills from the forbidden skin aka the-skin-that-should-not-be-named ;) So that got me thinking. Do you think that they would be a weapon switch option in the future? I can't be the only one who thinks it's strange for Jason to have his iconic machette only with one skin right? 

I wish they would let you change weapons, part 9 has a axe in the game, and it really should be a machete.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ryanmc564 said:

I wish they would let you change weapons, part 9 has a axe in the game, and it really should be a machete.

That fuckin battleaxe looks so goofy man.

But yeah. Weapon switch options would be great.

• Like 1

I think it would be cool to allow weapons to switch, but there should be a strategic element to it. Like you shouldn't be able to chop through a door with a spear, and you shouldn't be able to kill a counselor beneath a bed with an axe. But an axe should be able to chop down doors faster than a machete, etc.

• Like 1

jason was suppose to be able to pic up different weapon he finds then in oct/nov 2016 they cut that out and then said each jason can start the match with one weapon but be able to choose between 2 different weapons. then when the game is release we find out he only has 1 weapon and im guessing they where so far behind they had to cut it along with many other thing. hope we get updates/patches/dlc that fix this.

I would love the option to pick up alternate weapons as Jason. I mean say you have Part 2 Jason and you wanna use a pitchfork, just have the weapons spawn in logical places so for instance in Higgan's Haven they could easily put a spawnable pitchfork in the barn. Now by making stuff like Jason's weapons spawnable for him you would have to contend with letting ones exclusive for him like the pitchfork or miners pick be usable by counselors but like with the pitchfork have it a one hit weapon for counselors, they stab him in the shoulder, it sticks there and he then pulls it out and drops it or could then use it himself.

Though that's only part of it, I know this wouldn't happen cause it would take more time for mocap and a ton more new animations but would love it to where if Jason catches someone with a weapon like a bat he could perform a kill involving that weapon, like picking up the counselor, ripping the bat out of his hand and then shoving it down his throat or breaking off the end and pinning him to the wall with it. Again will probably never happen but it would be cool.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2017 at 2:15 AM, JasonVoorhees13 said:

jason was suppose to be able to pic up different weapon he finds then in oct/nov 2016 they cut that out and then said each jason can start the match with one weapon but be able to choose between 2 different weapons. then when the game is release we find out he only has 1 weapon and im guessing they where so far behind they had to cut it along with many other thing. hope we get updates/patches/dlc that fix this.

I've heard from an excellent source that they're planning many updates and additions to coincide with the release of the physical disc on Friday, October 13th. One is supposed to be Jason's ability to scavenge weapons. We shall see.

16 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I've heard from an excellent source that they're planning many updates and additions to coincide with the release of the physical disc on Friday, October 13th. One is supposed to be Jason's ability to scavenge weapons. We shall see.

Scavenge weapons? First I've heard of that one....wouldn't hold your breath :P

I would LOVE the ability to pick weapons though. It doesn't seem like it would be a lot of work from a development standpoint, either, but ya never know. Maybe there was some issue applying certain kill animations to certain models that would have just taken too long to correct. Maybe it was a balancing issue? Besides seeming out of place and weird, part 2 Jason with the reach of the spear would be pretty scary, right?

In Part 2 Jason uses an ice pick, a barbed wire garrotte, a hammer, a machete, a spear, a butcher knife, a pitchfork, and a pick axe. It would be cool to have the specific weapons and kills available to each Jason that they used in the films. I understand the ice pick and the garrotte would be feasible, but dude at least needs to be able to use the claw end of a hammer every now and then. Not gonna happen, but one can dream. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

In Part 2 Jason uses an ice pick, a barbed wire garrotte, a hammer, a machete, a spear, a butcher knife, a pitchfork, and a pick axe. It would be cool to have the specific weapons and kills available to each Jason that they used in the films. I understand the ice pick and the garrotte would be feasible, but dude at least needs to be able to use the claw end of a hammer every now and then. Not gonna happen, but one can dream. 

Give it time. This time next year, I bet they'll have added all options from each movie. And I wouldn't be shocked if they offer the different locales from each film, too. (Imagine a block of Manhattan!!)