jvmill77

How to activate Jason's Mother sweater?

On PS4

finally came across his shack and equipped the sweater. Later he grabbed me and killed me. How do I activate the sweater to get him to resist? Was pushing every button lol fail

triangle, it has the button icon right next to the onscreen display showing you have it.

1 minute ago, ryanmc564 said:

triangle, it has the button icon right next to the onscreen display showing you have it.

Ahh.. Thanks much Ryan!

3 minutes ago, jvmill77 said:

Ahh.. Thanks much Ryan!

any time man, feel free to add me to your friends on the ps4 as well, my psn name is the same as it is here:  ryanmc564

Just FYI, It can be used while you're being grabbed as well.

Also to perform the kill animation on Jason while playing as Tommy you must press X when prompted.

I've seen so many get everything right then try to attack Jason with R2.

It won't allow you to use the sweater's power unless you're within range of Jason as well. You'll see the icon light up on your H.U.D. when Jason is near you. 

I found the sweater for the first time last night as well. Jason was on me in about 5 seconds but I didn't see that dang triangle until it was too late. 

You should be able to hit Triangle on PS4 at any point once you acquire the sweater.....however you have to be close enough to Jason to activate the stun for him to have to resist it.

32 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You should be able to hit Triangle on PS4 at any point once you acquire the sweater.....however you have to be close enough to Jason to activate the stun for him to have to resist it.

I got killed last night because SG had the mask and I didn't know she'd already gotten the sweater until I Stalk-Shift-Slashed her. It's kinda funny in a way, since I'd already killed most of the lobby (including the first person that tried to go for it) and had even re-trapped the shack afterwards, so I assumed that was the end of it. Then I saw Tommy and a couple of other counselors coming down the road and figured I'd just go over there and hack them to death, but nope...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Julesrae3 said:

I hit triangle but still nothing happened. What do I do???? I got cussed out by tommy jarvis!!!

Keep in mind that Fear plays a role in the process. If your counselor's fear level is high to the point where your mini-map has faded out and your screen is darkening, the sweater prompt goes away and pressing triangle does nothing. When this happens you need to move away from Jason and let the fear level settle back down (turning on your flashlight speeds the process up a little). When your screen goes back to normal and the mini-map fades back in, you should see the sweater prompt come back as well. It'll work then.

• Confused 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:31 PM, Julesrae3 said:

I hit triangle but still nothing happened. What do I do???? I got cussed out by tommy jarvis!!!

Spam triangle. Don't just press it once.

20 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Keep in mind that Fear plays a role in the process. If your counselor's fear level is high to the point where your mini-map has faded out and your screen is darkening, the sweater prompt goes away and pressing triangle does nothing. When this happens you need to move away from Jason and let the fear level settle back down (turning on your flashlight speeds the process up a little). When your screen goes back to normal and the mini-map fades back in, you should see the sweater prompt come back as well. It'll work then.

No...

This is false. Fear level has nothing to do with being able to use the sweater. Just because you can't see an item, doesn't mean you can't use it. This goes for the sweater as well.

• Confused 1

But guys I see the triangle on the screen, but when I press it the options to start dancing or do hand signals appear, and nothing with the sweater. I appreciate the help guys thanks 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

No...

This is false. Fear level has nothing to do with being able to use the sweater. Just because you can't see an item, doesn't mean you can't use it. This goes for the sweater as well.

Incorrect.

We've tested it several times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Incorrect.

We've tested it several times.

What counselor and what were the parameters of this test? I have killed oodles of Jason's and never once has the sweater failed to go off...

8 hours ago, Julesrae3 said:

But guys I see the triangle on the screen, but when I press it the options to start dancing or do hand signals appear, and nothing with the sweater. I appreciate the help guys thanks 

Don’t hold the Triangle button.....press and release it if it doesn’t go off repeatedly press triangle.

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

What counselor and what were the parameters of this test? I have killed oodles of Jason's and never once has the sweater failed to go off...

Same here. I've never had the sweater fail to work no matter how high my fear went.

Alright my homies I'll get back to ya next time I have the sweater.. I'm pretty sure I hit triangle a bunch of times but idk. Peace 

20 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Most recently Vanessa and Debra, but it's happened multiple times over the course of time with different counselors. We got curious sometime ago as to why we'd occasionally have someone in our group say "WTF??? I'm hitting triangle and nothing's happening!?!?" and tested it to recreate the problem. I was able to recreate the situation several times, as I was spamming triangle for about 20 seconds standing right in front of Jason and it wouldn't work till I backed off and came at him again with the prompt visible.

Not sure what other variables contribute to it or how often it happens, but can absolutely confirm it's happened to me and a couple others I run with more than once.

Yeah my councilor is Vanessa... I'm level 54 but I never really get the chance to kill jason, and when I finally did it wouldn't work and tommy told me to get a brain and that I should have never been born lol

Maybe y’all are holding down the button? I’ve never had a problem with the sweater not working, even when my fear was sky high it’s always worked. As mentioned by others above, fear has nothing to do with using the sweater although it does disappear along with the mini map. When I first started playing this game I was Tommy one round and this little kid was so pumped about possibly killing Jason because this other girl had the sweater as Deborah. So we were all together and the mask was off and everything and the kid was saying to use the sweater but the girl kept saying “my fear is too high, I can’t” and she died. So after this I went thinking that if the sweater button disappears when your fear gets too high that I wouldn’t be able to use the sweater. One time I had the Sweater and everything was set up, Tommy was around etc. and we would’ve killed him if I didn’t think I couldn’t use the sweater because my fear was too high. I ended up dying because I waited too long, lol. Now obviously I know fear doesn’t affect the sweater in anyway, so I’m not sure what the problem is with the people who are having problems. I thought maybe you were holding down the triangle (or Y), sometimes I do that by mistake and my emotes come up, and the sweater doesn’t do anything. You just have to tap it.