Sign in to follow this  
Aldar

Jason Skill Order - Stalk and Sense

I'll start talking about the state of the game right now.

We enter the game, Jason morphs, hopefully near some counselors, few moments later Jason gets Sense, and commits to relentlessly pursue the counselors, unable to hide. This results in the counselor/s getting frustrated, being killed so early in the game without being able to lose his sight. And Stalk is just... pointless. Pointless for the time we get it in the game, when every cabin is destroyed and counselors are just running in the woods or dying by broken glasses.

Now let's talk about the movies. A group of horny teenagers wants to have sex in Jason's garden. Jason has written several times to the Town Hall but the Major doesn't care so he has to take care of the problem. He kill those teenagers one by one silently through the whole movie until the last 15 minutes of final confrontation and loud chase.

Well then, why not make the game like the movie? How could we do that?

Here's my suggestion. Change Stalk to be the second skill Jason gains and move Sense to the last. I think this could be a very fun and fair change for BOTH parties, Jason and counselors.

Counselors would be able to juke Jason more easily in the early minutes and potentially distract him better with the radios and hiding spots, and take advantage of that for a more safe 'looting phase'. Jason could still pursue and catch them, but you could actually lost him for a few minutes.

Jason would have a more strategic play in the early minutes, being able to ambush silently while they are still looting and not paying attention, forcing counselors to watch every corner carefully, even peeking through doors (I don't even know if this is still a feature because NOBODY uses it, but I remember misclicking doors back in the Beta and doing it), and only able to see sound blips until he eventually gains Sense and counselors couldn't hide from him anymore (At all, hello A.J)

This would result in a better movie-like game while maintaining balance (not needing to nerf Jason or buffing counselors) and improving the fun.

More hide & seek early game, more run for your god damn life late game, instead of just the latter since the beginning.

I hope you like this idea and share your thoughts. This is a really great game, but together we can make it even better.

1 hour ago, Aldar said:

I'll start talking about the state of the game right now.

We enter the game, Jason morphs, hopefully near some counselors, few moments later Jason gets Sense, and commits to relentlessly pursue the counselors, unable to hide. This results in the counselor/s getting frustrated, being killed so early in the game without being able to lose his sight. And Stalk is just... pointless. Pointless for the time we get it in the game, when every cabin is destroyed and counselors are just running in the woods or dying by broken glasses.

Now let's talk about the movies. A group of horny teenagers wants to have sex in Jason's garden. Jason has written several times to the Town Hall but the Major doesn't care so he has to take care of the problem. He kill those teenagers one by one silently through the whole movie until the last 15 minutes of final confrontation and loud chase.

Well then, why not make the game like the movie? How could we do that?

Here's my suggestion. Change Stalk to be the second skill Jason gains and move Sense to the last. I think this could be a very fun and fair change for BOTH parties, Jason and counselors.

Counselors would be able to juke Jason more easily in the early minutes and potentially distract him better with the radios and hiding spots, and take advantage of that for a more safe 'looting phase'. Jason could still pursue and catch them, but you could actually lost him for a few minutes.

Jason would have a more strategic play in the early minutes, being able to ambush silently while they are still looting and not paying attention, forcing counselors to watch every corner carefully, even peeking through doors (I don't even know if this is still a feature because NOBODY uses it, but I remember misclicking doors back in the Beta and doing it), and only able to see sound blips until he eventually gains Sense and counselors couldn't hide from him anymore (At all, hello A.J)

This would result in a better movie-like game while maintaining balance (not needing to nerf Jason or buffing counselors) and improving the fun.

More hide & seek early game, more run for your god damn life late game, instead of just the latter since the beginning.

I hope you like this idea and share your thoughts. This is a really great game, but together we can make it even better.

Not a bad idea.

I've felt we could take it a step further and allow the player to customize each Jason in terms of the skill order they want. It would be kinda stupid if someone decided they didn't want Morph first. What if they did though? What if they wanted Stalk first? What if they wanted Shift first?

Allow us to customize each Jason with the skill order we want. The one exception, rage is ALWAYS last regardless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Not a bad idea.

I've felt we could take it a step further and allow the player to customize each Jason in terms of the skill order they want. It would be kinda stupid if someone decided they didn't want Morph first. What if they did though? What if they wanted Stalk first? What if they wanted Shift first?

Allow us to customize each Jason with the skill order we want. The one exception, rage is ALWAYS last regardless.

I like how each Jason has it's own strengths and weakness.  It it adds a diverse play between all the different Jason and strategy for counselors because they could know what skills he is good at. I think if people are able to customize there Jason I think people would choose the best perks to be good and weaker at. I think then there would be some broken ass Jason's. Unless if they made it when you chose a perk it automatically chose a weakness so you can't really finagle the system, but I still prefer the way Jason's are.  I actually love the stalk mode and use it quite often so I am not opposed if those 2 were swapped. Morph needs to be first or players will be able get that call to police super fast. 

2 minutes ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

I like how each Jason has it's own strengths and weakness.  It it adds a diverse play between all the different Jason and strategy for counselors because they could know what skills he is good at. I think if people are able to customize there Jason I think people would choose the best perks to be good and weaker at. I think then there would be some broken ass Jason's. Unless if they made it when you chose a perk it automatically chose a weakness so you can't really finagle the system, but I still prefer the way Jason's are.  I actually love the stalk mode and use it quite often so I am not opposed if those 2 were swapped. Morph needs to be first or players will be able get that call to police super fast. 

Oh I don't mean changing strengths and weaknesses. Though someone made a good thread about that when it came to certain Jasons. Like Part 8 having a better morph instead of stalk and Part 2 having a better stalk instead of morph and so on. I'm just saying changing the order in which they get morph, stalk, shift, etc.

• Like 1

ahh ok.. if the moves are customizable to players I doubt it would be changed up very much. Morph will be most peoples first move, but I think he needs it or players could get the upper hand pretty fast unless they get really crap item spawns