GonzoThe912TH

Is jason a pervert?

Interesting, never noticed that section of the news report. I don't think he is a cannibal or perv but it sounds like at the time they weren't sure which direction they wanted to take with the character.

Every time I've played as a female, Jason has been a perfect gentleman. Aside from the normal mutilation of course.

• Like 1

As the news report said, the reports are unconfirmed. I highly doubt Jason knows what rape is, given that he's mentally a child, and I'm not too sure about cannibalism being on of his things either.

In any case, this could simply be a case of Early Installment Weirdness, before the franchise found its footing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shaderaygun said:

As the news report said, the reports are unconfirmed. I highly doubt Jason knows what rape is, given that he's mentally a child, and I'm not too sure about cannibalism being on of his things either.

In any case, this could simply be a case of Early Installment Weirdness, before the franchise found its footing.

I reckon he's an absolute pervert through and through.  I play as AJ right, and more often that not, I catch the little perv hanging about outside my cabin trying to catch me in me drawers. 

Occasionally he'll let himself in and give me a good stranglin'

• Like 1

Well, there was that one time that he raped me to death... (skip to the 45 second mark)

Honestly? Yes. I know why a lot of people want to steer the character away from this. People sympathize with Jason, and see him as something of a puritanical killer. Jason being sexually perverted would ruin that image. But we have to be realistic here. Jason Is mentally disabled, filled with intense rage, has a violent hatred for humans and sex in particular, and has lost all socialization. Jason has physical needs just like most other men. However, he isn't equipped (mentally and possibly physically) to deal with these urges, nor is he inclined to deal with them in a healthy way. This isn't to say that Jason is a serial rapist. We know he at least attempted to rape Chris Higgins. I'd argue (and keep in mind this is speculation) Jason did rape Chris, but felt shameful about it. This is why he doesn't rape anyone else in the series. However, he does retain his sexual urges, and channels that through his killing. This is also part of the reason he keeps women's bodies in his shack in Part II. He still has a fascination with the female body. We see this with real life serial killers all the time. The Monster of Florence was impotent, and so chose to express his sexuality by cutting the vaginas out of his female victims to keep as trophies.

Now Undead Jason? No, he's basically asexual. It's naught but murder for him.

As far as cannibalism goes? I'd imagine Jason was more than willing to eat human flesh (why wouldn't he) but I doubt he was a dedicated cannibal. He didn't have a taste for human flesh or anything, he just ate whatever meat was available.

This is not the first time this discussion has popped up. The last one was closed because talking about rape is not really kosher.

• Like 1