The game does not detect my mic about 90% of the time, the symbol doesn't pop up when I talk. When it rarely randomly does, nobody can hear me. I switch to party chat and it works fine. So it's something within the game. I found a *temporary* fix by connecting my controller to my xbox by a cable. I was then given a pop up that said controller pair connection lost. But after that my mic was actually working in game chat. However that fix only lasted for a few games. Now I'm back to not being able to communicate. It must be something to do with the controller pairing, which doesn't make much sense. Hope it gets fixed. 

-playing on Xbox one, tried multiple controllers and headphones.

I have this same exact issue, i have done everything you have done, re-installed the game, even tried to use my kinect as the microphone and game chat still doesnt work. Party chat works fine, and game chat in other games works fine, just not this one.......where it is crucial.  Please let me know if you figure something out. Also can you use the morph ability? I am unable to use it and someone else who can not talk in game chat said they also couldnt use the morph ability. I wonder if the problem is related.