Jump to content
PokerPlate

Finding the fuse 100% of the time

Recommended Posts

So after many games, (I am currently lvl 50) I feel I have successfully figured out the spawning of arguably the best item that allows counselors to escape, the fuse.

https://imgur.com/a/3bCZ6

The above link is a very crappy and crude example of the map Crystal Lake, although this method works for all the maps. The stars represent 4 of the potential spawns of the phone box. You may notice a star without a cabin on it. This is because certain cabins are "dynamic" meaning they aren't always there, and because of this (and the fact I have a perk that starts me with a map) I knew the phone or the fuse would not be down there. 

I spawned in at Birch Ridge, quickly determined the phone was not there and ran to Camp Hillbrook to also find the phone was not there either. Less then a minute into the game, I knew the phone was located on the opposite side of the map I spawned, inside the tool shack. 

Using my theory the fuse will spawn within 4 tiles, I started my search in the cabin just West of Spingwater Camp. Three drawers later, I found the fuse and knew exactly where to install it, all before Jason got his shift ability. 

Now granted, in this game 4 people instantly left and we ultimately still lost, this would have put a huge amount of pressure on Jason had there been more people to distract him.

The grid lines I marked up may not be 100% accurate, however I haven't been proven wrong yet with them.

 

Let me know what you guys think

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GarageNation said:

Way to ruin the fun of searching ....

He didn't ruin anything his saying this for the people who found the fuse but are having a hard time finding the box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was common knowledge that where ever you found the fuse the phone would be in the close vicinity. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

He didn't ruin anything his saying this for the people who found the fuse but are having a hard time finding the box

Same thing .... your ruining the experience of searching. If I knew where everything was all the time I would get bored of this game real quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GarageNation said:

Same thing .... your ruining the experience of searching. If I knew where everything was all the time I would get bored of this game real quick

Even Wes mentioned the fuse is usually in the same camp or nearby as the phone box. Look up Wes's post about the fuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PokerPlate said:

Using my theory the fuse will spawn within 4 tiles, 

 

18 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Same is btw true for all objectives. Cars and boats operate the same.

I'm not sure these statements are entirely true. Especially for the propeller. I've found it on the other end of the map. Fuel and battery have multiple spawns per map so it's quite possible one's always close.

As for the fuse, does the "4 tile" area move? A few of the boxes in your drawing could shift and still have the phone house inside of it. I can't confirm, but I thought I found a fuse before well outside of the "4 tile" area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to change this. No matter how many traps you lay down by the phone, police have been getting called more and more frequently in the first three minutes of the match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

 

I'm not sure these statements are entirely true. Especially for the propeller. I've found it on the other end of the map. Fuel and battery have multiple spawns per map so it's quite possible one's always close.

As for the fuse, does the "4 tile" area move? A few of the boxes in your drawing could shift and still have the phone house inside of it. I can't confirm, but I thought I found a fuse before well outside of the "4 tile" area.

More likely that someone else brought it there. The stuff is always close to it without fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, agnes said:

They need to change this. No matter how many traps you lay down by the phone, police have been getting called more and more frequently in the first three minutes of the match

You do know that laying the trap itself isn't ALL you have to do right?

You need to morph to the box when you hear your trap set off and kill the person about the insert the fuse =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

You do know that laying the trap itself isn't ALL you have to do right?

You need to morph to the box when you hear your trap set off and kill the person about the insert the fuse =)

Yeah but if you just morphed to the car to trap it then you cant do anything.  It's happening more and more frequently and matches have been ending in under ten minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pappus said:

More likely that someone else brought it there. The stuff is always close to it without fail.

Propeller was on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Propeller was on the table.

Easy exchange for flare gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, agnes said:

Yeah but if you just morphed to the car to trap it then you cant do anything.  It's happening more and more frequently and matches have been ending in under ten minutes

Right, because people have learned the few "go-to" strategies and how to counter them, making the gameplay a bit more static.

This is why I don't recommend using morph after first trapping fuse-box.  Instead, walk/shift towards more objectives and counselors saving your morph for when you hear that "CHUTHINK" sound indicating a trap was set off.

Also, matches ending in under 10 mins isn't a problem inherently so i'm not sure your point with that statement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

Right, because people have learned the few "go-to" strategies and how to counter them, making the gameplay a bit more static.

This is why I don't recommend using morph after first trapping fuse-box.  Instead, walk/shift towards more objectives and counselors saving your morph for when you hear that "CHUTHINK" sound indicating a trap was set off.

Also, matches ending in under 10 mins isn't a problem inherently so i'm not sure your point with that statement.

 

The ten minute thing isn't a problem in itself, but when 7/10 matches have ended the past few days with the police getting called within the first five minutes it gets old. Just make it so the fuse can't spawn in the same camp as the box and problem is solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, agnes said:

The ten minute thing isn't a problem in itself, but when 7/10 matches have ended the past few days with the police getting called within the first five minutes it gets old. Just make it so the fuse can't spawn in the same camp as the box and problem is solved

I disagree.  The fuse-box strategy is working best because Jason's don't trap and save morph.  

It's basically goes like this:

Is the Jason we're up against smart enough to trap the box?  No?  We call cops first 5-10 mins.

Is the Jason we're up against smart enough to trap the box? Yes? Damn, we'll have to try to find all the stuff for car or boat and the match is going 10+ mins.

Once everyone is experienced enough in the gameplay possibilities - I honestly see the game devolve into that EVERY time.

Moving the fuse won't matter, intelligent counselors use communication & walkies.

Sadly, the only time the gameplay gets very varied and dynamic is when a lot of people are new or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

I disagree.  The fuse-box strategy is working best because Jason's don't trap and save morph.  

It's basically goes like this:

Is the Jason we're up against smart enough to trap the box?  No?  We call cops first 5-10 mins.

Is the Jason we're up against smart enough to trap the box? Yes? Damn, we'll have to try to find all the stuff for car or boat and the match is going 10+ mins.

Once everyone is experienced enough in the gameplay possibilities - I honestly see the game devolve into that EVERY time.

Moving the fuse won't matter, intelligent counselors use communication & walkies.

Sadly, the only time the gameplay gets very varied and dynamic is when a lot of people are new or bad.

Very true. Matches can last for a good amount of time if the Jason player knows what he is doing. Very rarely do the cops get called when I'm playing. I like to trap the phone and cars/boat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickyount02 said:

 

I'm not sure these statements are entirely true. Especially for the propeller. I've found it on the other end of the map. Fuel and battery have multiple spawns per map so it's quite possible one's always close.

As for the fuse, does the "4 tile" area move? A few of the boxes in your drawing could shift and still have the phone house inside of it. I can't confirm, but I thought I found a fuse before well outside of the "4 tile" area.

I feel like this is true too. I SWEAR I have found both the propeller and the fuse on the other side of the map from their respective objectives. Guess I'll have to pay more attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just happened again. Cops called within three minutes of starting the match smdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience the fuse spawns fairly close to the phone box.

Ive seen people put down Gas for shotgun while spectating, so it's tough to say if the car parts follow this rule as well, although I suppose someone could trade the fuse for a pocket knife as well?

I just had a match, and I found the fuse at Evergreen camp, it was in the north centre building. so I knew the phone box wouldn't be at Blairscove, or Higgins, so either Evergreen or Stillwater, and sure enough it was at Stillwater.

I do hope the developers put a patch in that randomized the locations more, if the phone box is at Stillwater it's always at the house closest to the bridge, it would be nice if the phone box could spawn at any cabin within a camp, or even a different side of the building, so if the phone is at Higgins Haven it's always on the eastern wall, maybe it could be the western, or northern side for example.



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is common knowledge already, as someone pointed out Wes revealed that the fuse is always near the cabin with the phone.

I don't know if they need to change this either...counselors first need to find the cabin with the phone before they starting hunting for the fuse.

Can't say I'd agree that the car & boat parts are near the vehicle. I know I've found a propeller quite far away from the boat on a few occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my experience, the fuse box is ATTACHED to the building the phone is in. It's been that way every time I placed the fuse. I've never placed the fuse in the box, and found the phone two buildings down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game play styles evolve over time. Move the fuse, players change styles. Don't move the fuse, players change styles. You can change almost anything about this game. People will adapt and evolve. Match experiences will be the same after a while, so someone will decide, let's do things a little bit different. That will catch on after a while. When Jason gets tired of the 5 minute matches with everyone escaping, Jason will step his/her game up. I know I have since I began. Earlier, I was Jason and I had the experience of hearing a player saying "I just sharted on myself". I kinda felt bad for her, but that's what Jason kinda does to people when he's got them fearing for their lives. This was one of the "bad eggs" I referred to in another post. Counselors killing counselors for no good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to stop your theories guys but with my own experience, the last 2 times I got the fuse , the phone box was totally on the opposit of the map. Just think its random and you were lucky ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...