I love this game, and i dont mind waiting for the next round to collect my experience. So here is a list of things that would be great to let players do when they are in the death lobby.

1. Allow players to play with their customizations, roll perks, assign perks and just do general management.

2. Allow players to set their character choice for the next round.

3.Allow players to rotate camp camera, and or see a mini map to not just know where the cameras are but the action.

4.Allow players to see the progress of the objectives.

5.Allow players to see a map even with all active players including jason.

6.have a dynamic camera that passively switches to action. Repairs, calls, chases and it will rotate toward the jason. And make a show of the tension in the match. And not just see a 1st person mode of the inside of the commode

7.hell, let players spectate jason. With the chances being rare to be chosen to be jason, understanding his mechanics and spectating his view lets players passively learn mechanics.

8.have a glossary of in game items, stats, or functions. Sort of likethe how to play but a bit morein depth. I swear most people dont know you can use a flare gun for somethin other than shooting jason.

note. Any functions that could be abused by a jason in a party with other players could be disabled if the game detects the player in a party.

• Like 8

we need to be able to spectate jason its not like it can be abused since you already know if hes there or not unless its stalk

Jason can actually be spectated - just only in Private Matches.

I guess they felt in Quick Play it was too open to abuse and collusion between players.

• Like 3

What damon said i think spectating jason in quick play is not allowed to prevent dead players helping counselors alive by saying where he is

I think spectating Jason is a bad idea. It's way to easy to help your friend out who may be playing as Jason. If your friend already escaped, he could easily be spectating other players trying to pinpoint their locations to tell Jason. Also, if Jason is near, he can hear the walkie talkie/chat...

1 hour ago, hillian said:

I think spectating Jason is a bad idea. It's way to easy to help your friend out who may be playing as Jason. If your friend already escaped, he could easily be spectating other players trying to pinpoint their locations to tell Jason. Also, if Jason is near, he can hear the walkie talkie/chat...

Most games can detect who is partied up and who isn't. You see it passively in games like destiny. Disabling functions for players that are partied with a jason would provide a solution to this issue. As it stands I have seen lots of abuse of counselors partied with jason. I have seen counselors lead jason to non partied players or had a jason last night keep warping around the area i was in waiting for the cops when i was playing as AJ, had not seen jason, slow walked to a running distance from the exit,  and other counselors were alive but hiding under beds. Seemed clear that a dead player was spectating me and trying to relay my general location, which involved no movement for over 3 minutes from a stealth character. While i do understand how this function could be abused, this in a lot of ways is a more of a social game than a true competition. Not changing the way it works now is not a solution since it is wildly abused and the dead lobby is dull. Providing more ways to occupy the dead players is a must as players leaving disrupts the connection and can kill  the match.

They should make the flare-gun an item in your inventory, and when you use it you shoot into the air, other counselors can see this, and if Jason is nearby it would make his sense ability less effective because everything in the area for a bit would be red in sense mode.

What about giving dead players the ability to help players through stamina boosts, lowering fear, and grab escapes, with a  cool down depending on your level. You can choose one of three abilities, but if you use one, they all need to cool down. Start at a 90-second cooldown, reduced by 2 seconds per level, to a minimum 30-second cooldown.

That way you're still an active participant, and you can spectate living players and give them a small help from beyond the grave. That way if it gets down to only 1 single player, if everyone sticks around, that player will have a lot more opportunities to outrun/escape Jason since up to 7 players could be giving him/her a helping hand, which would help mimic the films since the final girl always has numerous close calls in the third act sequence.

It would keep dead players in the game, and make it worth sticking around beyond the extra 500 xp.

I'd like a little mini-game that I can play that earns me CP. 

Like a matching memory game where you have to find his masks and/or the campers.  

• Like 1

I agree with everything the original poster said. A lot of these ideas would be great, because spectacting can be boring when someone hides under a bed for 5 minutes.

I came to post about this same topic.

I like the mini-game idea suggested above.

I was thinking of some sort of CP Betting System. The remaining survivors could bet the experience they earned in the round on who will live, who will die and how and when and where. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kapow said:

I came to post about this same topic.

I like the mini-game idea suggested above.

I was thinking of some sort of CP Betting System. The remaining survivors could bet the experience they earned in the round on who will live, who will die and how and when and where. 

I like this idea 

but it I also think maybe spectators can spawn in as cops once they are killed but cops can't escape because they serve to help the ones not dead to escape 

7.hell, let players spectate jason. With the chances being rare to be chosen to be jason, understanding his mechanics and spectating his view lets players passively learn mechanics.

Hell no! When you suck at playing him your kinda glad others cannot watch you haha.

I am actually happy to watch the other plays, when i have been given the boot. 

• Like 1

Grab a drink and some chips....

Make some coffee....

Shower...

Neh just fooling around with you ;) .

I like your ideas.

Could also maybe be fun to implement autopsy reports, pictures of the slain counselors, news articles and what not.

To read and check out whilst being dead.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:57 PM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Spectating is actually really fun and puts you in a Friday film all over again hope they don't change it!

I dont think anyone is arguing for wholesale removal of spectating, only some additional information and more robist functionality. Like seeing what the tems a counselor is carrying, or being able to see a 3rd person perspective when someone is hiding under a bed. Mini games or the ability to affect the match is maybe asking for too much but seeing the map and the objectives that were already accomplished could add a great deal of interrst. Or an auto spectate that highlights action taking place at any given time 

Here is a cool idea.  When dead if Tommy has already been taken you will appear as a ghost in the lake. Ghost body is ethereal so that you can't harm, translucent so that you can see through, always float sobit can walk over water, can teleport, and can't take actions.  They cant speak to players but can communicate with each other.

One of the dead players could come back as Ralph, and just walk (or ride with bike) around the map and scare people with yelling "you're all doomed".

"

3.Allow players to rotate camp camera, and or see a mini map to not just know where the cameras are but the action.

4.Allow players to see the progress of the objectives.

5.Allow players to see a map even with all active players including jason.

6.have a dynamic camera that passively switches to action. Repairs, calls, chases and it will rotate toward the jason. And make a show of the tension in the match. And not just see a 1st person mode of the inside of the commode

7.hell, let players spectate jason. With the chances being rare to be chosen to be jason, understanding his mechanics and spectating his view lets players passively learn mechanics."

All of these.