GonzoThe912TH

Friday The 13th Part IV and Part VI would jason kill kids?

Part 4 jason clearly wants too kill Tommy

And at the very least definitely was violent towards him

Yet in Part 6 he doesn't even bother with the kids

Is he afraid of kids because last time he went after one he got his ass kicked?

Doe you think jason would kill a kid giving the opportunity?

I have no doubt he'd kill a kid if he could. In 4 he was in the heat of the moment and in 6 he was simply looking but later on crashed into the cabin to go after them. If not for him being distracted by Megan and Tommy, I'm sure he would've massacred the kids.

• Like 1

It's hard to judge that considering Parts 4 and 6 are the only films to feature young kids prominently; and the fact that there was a different director for each film, each one with their own idea of how Jason should act.

Personally, I don't think he would've killed the kids in Part 6. He had the opportunity when he first walked into the cabin, but he didn't. Even when Nancy woke up, he hesitated. If he wanted to kill them, he would've done it. I don't know about Tommy in Part 4, though. I mean, Jason seemed bent on killing him and he more than likely would have. But like I said, all the directors had their own ideas about Jason.

Jason gets distracted and confused easily, and I think that was a factor in why he didn't kill the kids in 6. His attention can be diverted easily enough from whatever is on his mind at the moment.

• Like 2

I think this topic is interesting would jason kill kids? Because fans feel differently about it and always have according too the web i searched it up after asking this question and it was almost a split yes he would no he wouldn't i believe one of them he even said Kane Hodder said jason doesn't/ wouldn't kill kids I don't know if he would but i know he definitely kills dogs lol

I think this topic is interesting would jason kill kids? Because fans feel differently about it and always have according too the web i searched it up after asking this question and it was almost a split yes he would no he wouldn't i believe one of them he even said Kane Hodder said jason doesn't/ wouldn't kill kids I don't know if he would but i know he definitely kills dogs lol

Actually he doesn't kill dogs. If you're referring to Muffin from Part 2, we don't really know what happened there, considering the ending showed Muffin alive; yet in Part 3, we didn't see Jason going after Ginny and Paul, so we don't know if Muffin was killed or not. Kane also said that Jason wouldn't attack a dog, and even refused a scene where Jason was supposed to kick the dog in Part 8.

Actually he doesn't kill dogs. If you're referring to Muffin from Part 2, we don't really know what happened there, considering the ending showed Muffin alive; yet in Part 3, we didn't see Jason going after Ginny and Paul, so we don't know if Muffin was killed or not. Kane also said that Jason wouldn't attack a dog, and even refused a scene where Jason was supposed to kick the dog in Part 8.

i was talking about the dog that they thought was muffins

I think Muffin is the dead dog we see in part 2 but whether Jason killed her or not is unclear. I think either he did or it was a wild animal in the area she ran into.

I think on average Jason wouldn't kill animals and doesn't mind them unlike people. In a way I could see him relating to them more than people.

• Like 1

I think on average Jason wouldn't kill animals and doesn't mind them unlike people. In a way I could see him relating to them more than people.

Does that mean jason is a vegan?

Jason gets distracted and confused easily, and I think that was a factor in why he didn't kill the kids in 6. His attention can be diverted easily enough from whatever is on his mind at the moment.

So ADHD!

• Like 1

I think that Muffin is clearly dead. If she's alive because of that ending, then that means Mrs. Voorhees' whole body is in the lake by Higgins Haven, since that's how it ended there. They're both dream sequences.

As for kids... I know people try to moralize Jason... but yes, he'd kill kids. Tommy is a kid, and he was 100% going to kill him. In Part VI, he didn't immediately kill the kids, probably because killing one would alert the others.

• Like 1

As for kids... I know people try to moralize Jason... but yes, he'd kill kids. Tommy is a kid, and he was 100% going to kill him. In Part VI, he didn't immediately kill the kids, probably because killing one would alert the others.

He just wanted too join the Slumber Party and got interrupted.

I just watched Jason Takes Manhattan again, and I like it, but it is a shit movie. There should be like a committee board, or a panel of experts that judge whether a script or director's vision is canon to the series. That movie was all over the place. To tie in with the kid killing thing, yes Jason IS EASILY distracted once focused, but his focus shifts in a millisecond also. Another question is, if Jason is such a beast, why the hell would he walk right past people in the subway car or on the street and not kill them? That was dumb. Even Predator massacred the hell out of people on that train in Pred 2. Jason has no morals...(!?) why would he just breeze past them? But yeah, I think he would've killed those kids, I just think he was intrigued by them, like they confused him at first, but later he did crash the shit out of that door, maybe to kill them then? IDK. He is a stalker type of killer also...

This is a pretty interesting question.

Honestly, when I was a kid and had only seen a couple films, I always strongly believed that Jason would never kill a kid. But I'm pretty sure my thoughts on this were mostly fueled by a friend of mine telling me so. Pair that with the fact that we were watching Part VI and Jason does appear to mostly ignore the children, and it seems like a solid theory.

Now that I've seen all the films (multiple times) and can comfortably say Part IV is my favorite, I guess that "Jason wouldn't harm a child" rule flies right out the window (along with poor ol' Gordon).

Maybe Jason didn't go after the kids at the camp because he can relate to them. He was once an innocent child at summer camp, just trying to have some summertime fun, and possibly has fond memories (except for the whole drowning thing -- oh and seeing his mom get decapitated thing). That scene in Part VI where he stands over the room full of kids, it almost seems like there's something less sinister going through his head. Like all of a sudden he's not a rage filled killing machine, and he's remembering something from his past. And maybe in Part IV, since Tommy isn't a camper, Jason doesn't feel any sort of connection to him. Perhaps Jason just sees Tommy as another obstacle in his way, one more body to get through before his mission is done. 

Or maybe we're all just looking a little too hard at a continuity line riddled with flaws, plot holes and inconsistent lore, all due to different writers, directors and a lack of fact checking.

Either way this is a great topic for discussion!

• Like 2

I definitely think in part 6 when he's in the cabin he was reminded of his own time at the camp and was deterred from his murderous rages if for just that one moment.

• Like 2

He would, you know why? Because he is a f#cked up killer. Oh and ugly I would be pissed too.

no he dont, he was going to maybe not kill tommy in part 4, tommy was trying to protect his sister, so thats why jason maybe tried to lock up kid tommy?