19 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I don't agree with the suggestions.

3. She creates pre-patch counselors that can just beat the shit out of Jason if he makes the mistake of trapping objectives.

4. Give counselors access to Wallhax.

5. Make her a walking pocket knife so we can keep stabbing Jason.

6. Give her the ability to be a pocket knife in case someone doesn't have a pocket knife and prevent Jason players from having the ability to play.

7. Make her invisible, but if she is actually found, she can stop Jason from doing anything so she can become invisible again.

8. She can come in so Jason can be killed if he's been able to successfully defended himself.

You're almost literally suggesting that her abilities would virtually remove Jason from the game and negate everything he could possibly attempt to do. 

I am not at all opposed to her being introduced to the game, even as a Tommy. At best she should just be a max stat character, like Tommy with a minimal ability. Something like she can open a door, or close and lock/barricade it from a short distance with her mind power. 

Any of those suggestions are appropriate taking her cannon. She has supernatural skills and can defeat, survive Jason supernaturally and is on par with him on many ways. It makes sense to have her be OP in that sense.

2 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Any of those suggestions are appropriate taking her cannon.

I have to respectfully disagree. 

She doesn't boost anything about anyone in Part 7 and fails to save virtually everyone including her own mother. 

Wallhax is a cheat which allows players to see where everything is on a map and your suggesting she have that ability and give it to others. So, cheat to win. She doesn't know where anything is in part 7. In fact, the tent stake she takes her mom and doctor to see is missing and she does not know where it is.

She wasn't OP. In fact, in essence, you'd be having a character make bunny costume Deb and her sauce pan go back to kicking Jason's ass when in part 7, she had caused the explosion of a house with Jason still inside, aNd still didn't stop him.

Jason also had no problem finding her. 

None of the suggestions are really cannon. 

I just don't agree but would be fine with her character being added. The things you're suggesting would be taking the game from 1 Jason vs 7 counselors over to 1 Jason vs 6 counselors and 1 Jason. 

I would suggest a support role for her. I´d say that instead of calling her for help, she could have a chance to spawn predetermined  before the match starts, IF the match decides to spawn her, she would spawn after 2 or more people have escaped or survived, no radio call for her since she is not a Jason hunter like Tommy is, she defended herself and her mother only, she never intended to kill or put a stop to Jason so the closest reason to having her is that she stumbled upon the situation when revisiting the place, and when she senses people are in danger she decides to stay and help.

Now about her spawning, after 2 or more have died, theres a countdown of a certain number of seconds or couple of minutes (so no one rushes to die or escape and gives jason more time) and within this countdown a "dice" is being rolled of who is going to become Tina.

As for her abilities:
I would say she could have an ability (with cooldown of course) that overwhelms Jason throwing him objects (weapons that are around  granted extra durability) with 3 possible outcomes each time this ability is used, a CHANCE to: stun him once, reduce his overallspeed for like 3 seconds or silence him (preventing him to use his abilities and grab) for around 3 seconds too.

She could also reduce counselor´s fear slowly as a passive ability but she would NOT be able to disable traps (at much just one) nor straight up fight Jason as Tommy is already the Jason-fighter hero.

Grab an item that is nearby and bring it towards her, this of course would have a ratio and a cooldown also.

Another ability would be creating excessive noise on a certain part of the map for a little bit to try to fool Jason, for course with a cooldown

I think a Tina built up like this comes closer to a canon Tina implemented in the game and without breaking balance, not every character nor hero has to fight Jason, different roles could come up just like how not all counselors are great at fighting him, this way Tina can be more of a support and passive hero, focused on distracting Jason and helping counselors themselves. Her abilities could, rather than helping kill Jason, save counselors from death multiple times but over the course of a prolonged time. Of course she would need to have bodyguards but being a support this comes well in my opinion, and so, she could be useful in killing Jason too although making her team-dependent. In the case she gets chased by herself theres not much she can do of course, like a regular counselor so no overpowered side

17 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I have to respectfully disagree. 

She doesn't boost anything about anyone in Part 7 and fails to save virtually everyone including her own mother. 

Wallhax is a cheat which allows players to see where everything is on a map and your suggesting she have that ability and give it to others. So, cheat to win. She doesn't know where anything is in part 7. In fact, the tent stake she takes her mom and doctor to see is missing and she does not know where it is.

She wasn't OP. In fact, in essence, you'd be having a character make bunny costume Deb and her sauce pan go back to kicking Jason's ass when in part 7, she had caused the explosion of a house with Jason still inside, aNd still didn't stop him.

Jason also had no problem finding her. 

None of the suggestions are really cannon. 

I just don't agree but would be fine with her character being added. The things you're suggesting would be taking the game from 1 Jason vs 7 counselors over to 1 Jason vs 6 counselors and 1 Jason. 

I never suggested this "see where everything is on a map and your suggesting she have that ability and give it to others." I suggested that she could see where Jason's traps are and disable them without having a pocket knife, also the fuse and the items to repair vehicles.

Feel free to suggest ideas. Nothing has been written into the game yet, so I see no harm in suggesting what her character can do in the game world.

41 minutes ago, Chp said:

I would suggest a support role for her. I´d say that instead of calling her for help, she could have a chance to spawn predetermined  before the match starts, IF the match decides to spawn her, she would spawn after 2 or more people have escaped or survived, no radio call for her since she is not a Jason hunter like Tommy is, she defended herself and her mother only, she never intended to kill or put a stop to Jason so the closest reason to having her is that she stumbled upon the situation when revisiting the place, and when she senses people are in danger she decides to stay and help.

Now about her spawning, after 2 or more have died, theres a countdown of a certain number of seconds or couple of minutes (so no one rushes to die or escape and gives jason more time) and within this countdown a "dice" is being rolled of who is going to become Tina.

As for her abilities:
I would say she could have an ability (with cooldown of course) that overwhelms Jason throwing him objects (weapons that are around  granted extra durability) with 3 possible outcomes each time this ability is used, a CHANCE to: stun him once, reduce his overallspeed for like 3 seconds or silence him (preventing him to use his abilities and grab) for around 3 seconds too.

She could also reduce counselor´s fear slowly as a passive ability but she would NOT be able to disable traps (at much just one) nor straight up fight Jason as Tommy is already the Jason-fighter hero.

Grab an item that is nearby and bring it towards her, this of course would have a ratio and a cooldown also.

Another ability would be creating excessive noise on a certain part of the map for a little bit to try to fool Jason, for course with a cooldown

I think a Tina built up like this comes closer to a canon Tina implemented in the game and without breaking balance, not every character nor hero has to fight Jason, different roles could come up just like how not all counselors are great at fighting him, this way Tina can be more of a support and passive hero, focused on distracting Jason and helping counselors themselves. Her abilities could, rather than helping kill Jason, save counselors from death multiple times but over the course of a prolonged time. Of course she would need to have bodyguards but being a support this comes well in my opinion, and so, she could be useful in killing Jason too although making her team-dependent. In the case she gets chased by herself theres not much she can do of course, like a regular counselor so no overpowered side

Those are some good suggestions.

I don't want Tina. Such a plastic and boring character from an overly censored and desperate movie that did absolutely nothing for me. I want to see Ali, Chris Higgins, Reggie, Demon, Crieghton Duke, and Crazy Ralph in the game. 

On 2/2/2018 at 9:12 AM, lightningbolt said:

Edit: Upon doing a search only 2 results even show up and they are both my thread.

Because you misspelled her last name. It's spelled "Shepard," and is commonly misspelled. A Topic search for just "Tina" gave me 22 different threads, any of which you could have posted this in. Please help to keep the forum tidy.

2jwm4p.jpg

• Confused 1

You have witnessed The Great Tina Merge. In an attempt to clean up the message boards I have merged similar discussions around the desired addition of Tina to the game. In many cases, I have left in the comments encouraging various original posters to use the search function to illustrate how many varying topics have been created. This was done in an attempt to encourage, not stifle, discussion around a very popular topic. Please enjoy the new unified thread.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

You are witnesses to The Great Tina Merge. In an attempt to clean up the message boards I have merged similar discussions around the desired addition of Tina to the game. In many cases, I have left in the comments encouraging various original posters to use the search function to illustrate how many varying topics have been created. This was done in an attempt to encourage, not stifle, discussion around a very popular topic. Please enjoy the new unified thread.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Your good works are highly appreciated.

No because her telekinesis powers would break the game and that movie was awful seeing Jason nothing more then a punching bag.

Tina could be done without over powering her. At some point the game will expand and change, that's a good thing. Change is scary, which is how Jason should be, if other things are added, who says Jason won't benefit from his own new tricks.

Just a thought...Why not add the  Telekinetic chick out of part 7....She could be summoned some how, and be used like Tommy. Or she could even possibly summon her dad too, as another way to kill Jason like in part 7. 

Her name is Tina and this is a topic that's being brought up numerous times before. Search for "Tina" and check out the threads to see what people think.

EDIT: Yeah, this no longer makes sense being so out of context after the thread merge. :o 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@GriMcheefer187 Hey man, the idea of using Tina as a hero has been discussed many times on here. You are new, so, I understand that you didn't know that. You can use the search bar at the upper right of the page to search for topics, and give your ideas in those threads. You could also swing by this section and give an introductory post. It's a good way to let other people know a little about you, and it is one of the rules of the forum. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@GriMcheefer187, @Rexfellis has pretty much covered everything I would have said. I have used my own telekinetic powers to merge your topic to an ongoing thread about Tina, so that you can be a part of the conversation.:)

If anyone needs me I'll be around the lake, accidentally resurrecting Jason...

tumblr_mt90ekjizc1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Caption: "Dammed enchiladas..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

If anyone needs me I'll be around the lake, accidentally resurrecting Jason...

Dammit @NthnButAGoodTime! What have we told you about bringing hulking, homicidal, hockey-mask wearing zombies back to life? And double posting! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

And double posting! :lol: 

Are you sure you saw what you thought you saw?

Dr.crews.jpg

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Are you sure you saw what you thought you saw?

Yes good sir, I am. Mostly because of the notifications, and the fact that I have done that myself at least 100 times before. :lol:

I'll get back to the OP, I don't really see a need for Tina to be added as a hero, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if she was. It would definitely make for some interesting matches.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:32 PM, Rok73 said:

Do you have an idea how much work is needed for this? New character models, a gazillion animations, new game mechanics etc. Won't happen.

Yeah, heaven forbid a video game developer work to develop their video game. Think of the amount of work that would take. 

6 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I'll get back to the OP, I don't really see a need for Tina to be added as a hero, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if she was. It would definitely make for some interesting matches.

It'll definitely be more interesting than adding an alternative green coverall for Roy.

1 hour ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

It'll definitely be more interesting than adding an alternative green coverall for Roy.

Okay...I was discussing whether or not we should add a new hero with new game mechanics, and the possibility of game overhauling implications. You brought up a cosmetic change that many people have asked for that is only a minor part of the new patch that is supposed to be fairly expansive. 

Maybe you should just continue to campaign for Reggie to be included instead of making useless comments like this. Or maybe:

Adding Tina in to the game as a new hero would take a lot of work and introduce a lot of new mechanics.

But what about adding her as a 'boss' sort of character in the single player challenges? Might be a fun final challenge to have some body who can fight back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Okay...I was discussing whether or not we should add a new character, with new game mechanics, and the possibility of game overhauling implications. You brought up a cosmetic change that many people have asked for that is only a minor part of the new patch that is supposed to be rather large. 

Go back to your Reggie thread. 

Overreacting a bit much? I understand you haven't been much of fan with certain individuals you encountered in the Reggie thread, maybe myself included(even though I can't recall exactly why.) Do you always have a bad habit of telling people shut up about something in situations like this? I only ask based off that last note you left behind in the Reggie thread. I know telling me to go back to another thread is basically your alternative way of saying it.

To be on the fair side of things, compared to my comment above, you haven't really done much of a better job sticking that topic discussion either. Instead of filling in on information related to the topic, it seems like you're putting in efforts to try and destabilize whatever situation you have a problem taking place in that thread, but your answer for that is nothing but endless of witch hunts on certain members along with unnecessary blatant responses. Yeah, nice contribution to the thread. If I were you, that would've been something I'd strongly suggest you'd re-examine, especially even before concluding your post with a comment and video like that.

I understand you don't mind having that minor change to Roy, which is fine, I don't either. Perhaps my comment about the green coverall came across a bit unnecessary. I haven't been on board all that much with the past content announcements. From my previous posts, I narrowed down some the explanations on why. Combine that with a foul mood, I guess it'll result with that type of comment. 

Regardless on how you want look at my comment, my point being still remains. I'm interested in Tina as well just like you stated. There was no intention of a flame bait here, even if it might seem that way to you.