1 hour ago, Slit518 said:

Second, she doesn't show up with a Shotgun like Tommy.  Instead, she shows up with Psychic powers!

Let me know what you think, folks!

Nice list of ideas! This is definitely some of the things I had in mind for Tina.

Once she spawns, her cut scene should show objects in the background levitating in the air while she's walking. That would make for a cool intro. Also, during her entrance, I would make the background music the beginning of this track.

4 hours ago, Slit518 said:

I feel this game should have alternate options for when you call on the CB Radio.  One of the things I feel is Tina Shepard should have a chance of showing up.

Now, unlike Tommy, she isn't all 10's, instead she can be all 7's.

Second, she doesn't show up with a Shotgun like Tommy.  Instead, she shows up with Psychic powers!

Her powers would work like Jason's powers do.  She would start with 1 basic power, and as the match goes on she would get access to more & more powers.

Her powers would have a cool down like Jason's does.  So she couldn't spam powers at Jason.

Her powers could be:

1. Stun - it hits Jason with a ranged stun attack that dazes him for a moment.
  2. Push - it pushes Jason back a considerable distance.
  3. Interact - she can open doors (even locked), windows, etc... from a distance, this one would have a fast recharge.
  4. Telekinesis - she can bring the closest object in her field of view within a certain distance right to her.  So for example if a bat is a room over and Jason is on her heels, she can use this to bring the bat to her hands.
  5. Maelstrom - she can cause things (weapons, items, random debris they make for the animation) to fly around like a cyclone.  This does damage to Jason but doesn't stun him, it also slows him down, and prevents him from using his powers while in the cyclone.

Special Tina to Jason Kill:

If you have Tina on the docks with Jason and his mask is off, she can do a Stun/Push combo with her powers to knock him in the lake.  Once she does that her dad comes up with chains and wraps them around Jason, killing him.

Let me know what you think, folks!

My good sir there is a lot of threads about this topic please use the search feature next time before making this a new thread :) 

@Kodiak or @JPops can you please lock this thread 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

In the entire existence of the forum no one has ever thought of this before... :rolleyes:

Ehh...I hear you, but I'd rather go ahead and stick my support with this one anyway, it's more tolerable than the mean girl comments I'm seeing everywhere, ugh. Plus, the idea is more innovative and game changing than another regular counselor.

Besides, won't searching and bumping existing threads like this get locked anyways? 

Sorry for not using the search function.

I never understood why bumping an older topic is always a bad thing, especially if the answer is relevant to the original post.

10 minutes ago, Slit518 said:

Sorry for not using the search function.

I never understood why bumping an older topic is always a bad thing, especially if the answer is relevant to the original post.

I never understood it either, unless there's something I'm missing? If you duplicate from a thread not really old, then I can understand why you must search, but in a case like this, a Tina thread is most likely buried extremely deep, so bumping is a good possibility of a lock. No win situation for either option.

55 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Besides, won't searching and bumping existing threads like this get locked anyways? 

No. It's encouraged and appreitiated. New threads on already existing subjects get locked

Since Tommy has all 10 stats, starts with a pocket knife, health spray, radio, map, and shotgun. What would Tina have? Telekinesis. Now she would not be able to throw Jason around like a rag doll. She would be able to knock Jason down with a ranged attack. But you could only use this move 3 times, and it would take a minute to recharge per use. Tina would start with a radio and map like Tommy. 

Environmental kills like Jason. Tina can tele-control him and force him to animation die or severely injure with an object depending on where they are and what they are near.

Or give her a generic set of telekinetic powers that could be activated much in the same way Jason can building up to a sort of anti-rage to Jasons rage. I think the possibilities are fairly wide and endless if you are imaginative and go into detail.

Tina would need to be able to telekinetically throw stuff at Jason. Which would require adding these objects to each map or converting objects already there from non interactive to interactive. Kind of like Jasons knives, except limited by what's available.

Honestly, there needs to be really killer ideas that excite people for Tina to be considered for inclusion. She needs to be a worthwhile addition. I'll give it some thought. :)

Tina would be OP and I do not consider her a hero type character.

Characters like Tommy have a certain vendetta against Jason. Creighton Duke, Kay-Em 14 and Sergeant Broski are the type of characters who would strike me as those that could fit the role better. Tina is an emotional wreck who I think prefers not to do encounters with Jason.

Just make it like it was in the end of the movie, one on one, Tina VS. Jason.  Tina will have the long range advantage, Jason will be stronger in the clinch. 

12 hours ago, Loading said:

Tina would be OP and I do not consider her a hero type character.

Characters like Tommy have a certain vendetta against Jason. Creighton Duke, Kay-Em 14 and Sergeant Broski are the type of characters who would strike me as those that could fit the role better. Tina is an emotional wreck who I think prefers not to do encounters with Jason.

I don't think Tina would be a bad hero character but I do like the idea of having more of them. Just as you listed, a pick your hero choice to go along with counselor and Jason choices. I have no idea what Creighton Duke's speciality would be or anyone else's for that matter but it's a cool idea.

First I"d like them to fix the basic gameplay though..

@GunMedia_Ben@ShiftySamurai@wes@Gertz

These suggestions are here to help give ideas on how to implement ideas of the last patch into the next patch. Ideas that would be otherwise good, but are now lost in focusing too much on what Jason does in this current patch against the councilors ability to survive; that it is time to finally introduce Tina Shepherd into the game as a councilor support character. I think that allowing Tina Shepherd to become a playable character like Tommy Jarvis would encourage people to stay in the game, not be so discouraged by being killed way too early which happens. Also, it can bring back some elements of when Jason was a pinata (within reasonable conditions) for those who liked Jason being a pinata to hit on all game, taking that the concept of bringing Tina Shepherd to the game can be cannon enough to justify that Jason can be turned into a punching bag by her mere presence. It is cannon that Tina Shepherd has telekinetic powers to manipulate objects, this means that she can: throw things at Jason, cause him to become impeded and unable to attack. She also accidentally resurrects Jason indirectly and does not learn of his existence until others have died to Jason. It is also cannon that she defeats Jason and survives.

Therefore, I offer the following suggestion to implement Tina Shepherd into the game:

1. Tina spawns in the same way that Tommy Jarvis does, as a character that comes into play after one of the councilors has already died and among one of those players who have died. She spawns in with the radio, map and with the same items as Jarvis.

2. The means to spawn a dead player in as Tina Shepherd is the same as Tommy Jarvis; it can be after the CB Radio is found, called for help and she can spawn in at the same time with Tommy Jarvis or either before or after him.

3. Give the other councilors a noticeable boost in weapon durability, stun chance, hit accuracy only as soon as she spawns onto the map and not before it. This gives Jason more of an incentive to prevent her from ever coming into the map by using his traps on the destroyed generators, not on the vehicles or the fuse box; basically, to avoid becoming a punching bag to councilors who then can effectively defend themselves against him once she hits the map. The councilors would and should be weaker, easier to grab, slash without her, yet be able to survive the game using team bully tactics alone with her.

4. Give Tina Shepherd the ability to see on the map where undiscovered boat/car parts, fuse are inside of drawers or inside of houses. Alternatively, this can be a function given to any of the councilors who have discovered a radio, in general.

Suggestions from other people:

• 4. Clairvoyance, allows characters with the Psychic Perk to see the closest car/boat part to them within a set range. Tina should have a larger range then a counselor with the perk. Alternately it could be a power on her own set of powers that need to be recharged between uses. Bonus if a sense power. Psychometry, if holding the Fuze can see with sense the Fuze house glowing red and/or marked on her map. The glow fades as she approaches the house/box.

5. Give Tina Shepherd the ability to see where Jason's traps are on the map and allow her to crouch, disable them without having a pocket knife and without using the one she has on hand. She just simply gets an "E" prompt (without other conditions) which can disable each and all of them. However,  maybe as a game balancer do not allow her to see where the fuse box or the generators are located themselves, only that a trap may be at them.

• 5. Disabling Traps, using TK to spring a trap. I like it, elegant solution. To OP if Tina can see them, in my opinion. Tina would do all the same motions as a counselor, crouch over the trap, hold out her hand so it takes the same amount of time.

6. Give her a cool-down ability like Jason where she can stun him without having a weapon equipped, escape from him and allow others time to escape or to get in range for Tommy Jarvis to kill Jason; therefore, preventing him from grabbing or slashing. The stun given to Jason through her cool-down has an increased time to allow either her, other councilors to get away from Jason or to position themselves to hit him some more, use Pamela's sweater and kill him with Jarvis.

• 6. TK Stun, recharge power with a set range 10 to 15 feet, you don't need a weapon equipped but if you do have one it flies from your hand at Jason, same should happen with any car/boat part Tina is holding. I think this would be a good solution rather then her TKing objects in the camps, or cabins.

7. Give her high stealth/composure up to having a complete immunity to being discovered by Jason's senses, even while while he is in rage mode. Make Jason look all over the map for her manually without having his cool-down abilities being able to discover her. No sound bleeps, no glow on sense, nothing for Jason to find her without manually searching. As a game balancer, Jason can still be alerted to seeing his traps disabled on his own map, boats/cars starting or by hearing a failed skill check on something being repaired by her. This is in line that she survives in the movie by evading Jason and dis-enabling him by her own supernatural powers, therefore she should be able to survive the game even by doing nothing except being on the other side of the map the entire game, stunning him when he comes near and going to the other side of the map again.

8. She can also function as a substitute that spawns in for the getting of Pamela's sweater, assuming that Tommy Jarvis is still alive and no other female councilors are left in the game world.

9. I do not really have any suggestion on what level her repair should be set. That is probably something that could be tweaked according to test playing.

The introduction of Tina Shepherd in the game can be cannon enough and enrich the multiplayer game world enough to satisfy the different ways people would enjoy this game, therefore promoting retention of the player base. I believe most of these ideas about the implementation I have of of her are practical, yet easy enough for a programmer to implement within the game without having to do something too complex with the current game assets at hand, upwards to just copy-pasting and editing a little. 

• Like 1

I want Tina Shepard in as a hero too.

In the meantime learn to adapt. Build a community of friends. Work together and only fight Jason if necessary. It's that simple. Trust me I know. When they nerfed Jason's original grab I had to relearn how to play as Jason at a high level. As a counselor I was op because if you think Jasons grab is bad now the original one could get you ten feet away. After playing against that grab for three months escaping Jason was a breeze. If you need tips to adapt I'm on PS4. I'm Alien_Number_Six and I can flustrate Jason to no end and show you how to do the same.

31 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I want Tina Shepard in as a hero too.

In the meantime learn to adapt. Build a community of friends. Work together and only fight Jason if necessary. It's that simple. Trust me I know. When they nerfed Jason's original grab I had to relearn how to play as Jason at a high level. As a counselor I was op because if you think Jasons grab is bad now the original one could get you ten feet away. After playing against that grab for three months escaping Jason was a breeze. If you need tips to adapt I'm on PS4. I'm Alien_Number_Six and I can flustrate Jason to no end and show you how to do the same.

I see, well ... I do not really see this as a skilled person versus skill-less person issue and while I do appreciate the friendly gesture, I think the assumption is unwarranted. I see my suggestion as an overall way to help people of all different play-styles enjoy this game and yet it is still cannon enough to justify that while Jason is the superior force, the councilors are in the inferior position, there is still a condition available to meet in the game where Jason can increasingly lose momentum as the game progresses and the councilors may be more likely to survive towards the end of the game. Introducing Tina Shepherd as a councilor support character who spawns in with Tommy Jarvis is the cannon way to do that, IMHO. It would help to bring back people to the game who like the dance parties , cheesy costumes (not necessarily Jason) and yet be more faithful to Jason's movie history at the same time. I can see many of those people being turned-off by this current update and they should be encouraged to come back in a way which also satisfies the Jason people.

20 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

I see, well ... I do not really see this as a skilled person versus skill-less person issue and while I do appreciate the friendly gesture, I think the assumption is unwarranted. I see my suggestion as an overall way to help people of all different play-styles enjoy this game and yet it is still cannon enough to justify that while Jason is the superior force, the councilors are in the inferior position there is still a condition available to meet in the game where Jason can increasingly lose momentum as the game progresses and the councilors may be more likely to survive towards the end of the game. Introducing Tina Shepherd as a councilor support character who spawns in with Tommy Jarvis is the cannon way to do that, IMHO. It would help to bring back people to the game who like the dance parties, cheesy costumes and yet be more faithful to Jason's history.

I don't think your unskilled. I think the game has changed and your pissed about it. I have been in the same boat. I didn't like the grab nerf at all on either side of the game. But I adapted and learned how to roll with it. I even started to see that ten foot force grab was too op. The game dosen't need sweeping changes. You simply need to adapt to it. 

7 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't think your unskilled. I think the game has changed and your pissed about it. I have been in the same boat. I didn't like the grab nerf at all on either side of the game. But I adapted and learned how to roll with it. I even started to see that ten foot force grab was too op. The game dosen't need sweeping changes. You simply need to adapt to it. 

Actually, the way I have learned to play limiting items does not effect me much, I still find pocket knives, sprays  due to them not really disappearing from where I know to find them. I still win, survive the game as I always have. Although, I do see the developers, programmers of this game shooting themselves in the foot if they do nothing to attract back the people who like cheesy costumes, dancing in the game. Those people have been turned off to some degree and that is not a good thing.

52 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

No. Already discussed multiple times.

USE THIS: SEARCH FUNCTION

@JPops 

My ideas have not been discussed multiple times and are unique to me. Next time read something in its entirety before jumping to conclusions about the content.

12345.png

Edited by lightningbolt
Edit: Upon doing a search only 2 results even show up and they are both my thread.

I like the idea of having the hero character changing the method of killing Jason.

Tina using her telepathic powers to wreck Jason while me, The Duke, introduces the dagger to drag Jason's ass back to hell.

And somehow...I would love to see a take on JGTH's SWAT team assault as a method of killing Jason. You'll need a special perk that when you call the cops, the FBI or something intercepts the call and sends out the team that'll blow Jason to pieces.

14 minutes ago, Creighton_Duke said:

I like the idea of having the hero character changing the method of killing Jason.

Tina using her telepathic powers to wreck Jason while me, The Duke, introduces the dagger to drag Jason's ass back to hell.

And somehow...I would love to see a take on JGTH's SWAT team assault as a method of killing Jason. You'll need a special perk that when you call the cops, the FBI or something intercepts the call and sends out the team that'll blow Jason to pieces.

Except that I am not suggesting that the way Jason dies by Tommy Jarvis be changed and I am not suggesting that the councilors be buffed. I am suggesting a support character be added to the game whose presence helps Tommy Jarvis do his thing (to kill Jason the way he already has) and at the same time helps the councilors defend themselves against Jason (which could be a temporary buff to their stats for that game session only and only when she is in the game world).

Again, I am only suggesting the addition of a character. What that character does in that game is temporary which is what a support character does, shows up and then things get a bit better for a team.

I do find these quoted suggestions funny, though ...

7 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

4. Give Tina Shepherd the ability to see on the map where undiscovered boat/car parts, fuse are inside of drawers or inside of houses. Alternatively, this can be a function given to any of the councilors who have discovered a radio, in general.

5. Give Tina Shepherd the ability to see where Jason's traps are on the map and allow her to crouch, disable them without having a pocket knife and without using the one she has on hand. She just simply gets an "E" prompt (without other conditions) which can disable each and all of them. However,  maybe as a game balancer do not allow her to see where the fuse box or the generators are located themselves, only that a trap may be at them.

6. Give her a cool-down ability like Jason where she can stun him without having a weapon equipped, escape from him and allow others time to escape or to get in range for Tommy Jarvis to kill Jason; therefore, preventing him from grabbing or slashing. The stun given to Jason through her cool-down has an increased time to allow either her, other councilors to get away from Jason or to position themselves to hit him some more, use Pamela's sweater and kill him with Jarvis.

While I was reading your post, I was thinking your just trying to pick fights. Looking at your response to people, I now see you just want validation. So I reread it and think you do have a couple of good uses of TK for Tina, if she was added. 

4. Clairvoyance, allows characters with the Psychic Perk to see the closest car/boat part to them within a set range. Tina should have a larger range then a counselor with the perk. Alternately it could be a power on her own set of powers that need to be recharged between uses. Bonus if a sense power. Psychometry, if holding the Fuze can see with sense the Fuze house glowing red and/or marked on her map. The glow fades as she approaches the house/box.

5. Disabling Traps, using TK to spring a trap. I like it, elegant solution. To OP if Tina can see them, in my opinion. Tina would do all the same motions as a counselor, crouch over the trap, hold out her hand so it takes the same amount of time.

6. TK Stun, recharge power with a set range 10 to 15 feet, you don't need a weapon equipped but if you do have one it flies from your hand at Jason, same should happen with any car/boat part Tina is holding. I think this would be a good solution rather then her TKing objects in the camps, or cabins.

Some good stuff, I don't like most of it but other people might so don't take it personally. I might try working out a power set for Tina I'd like to include the TK, and sense stuff, let me know if I should post it here?

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

While I was reading your post, I was thinking your just trying to pick fights. Looking at your response to people, I now see you just want validation. So I reread it and think you do have a couple of good uses of TK for Tina, if she was added. 

4. Clairvoyance, allows characters with the Psychic Perk to see the closest car/boat part to them within a set range. Tina should have a larger range then a counselor with the perk. Alternately it could be a power on her own set of powers that need to be recharged between uses. Bonus if a sense power. Psychometry, if holding the Fuze can see with sense the Fuze house glowing red and/or marked on her map. The glow fades as she approaches the house/box.

5. Disabling Traps, using TK to spring a trap. I like it, elegant solution. To OP if Tina can see them, in my opinion. Tina would do all the same motions as a counselor, crouch over the trap, hold out her hand so it takes the same amount of time.

6. TK Stun, recharge power with a set range 10 to 15 feet, you don't need a weapon equipped but if you do have one it flies from your hand at Jason, same should happen with any car/boat part Tina is holding. I think this would be a good solution rather then her TKing objects in the camps, or cabins.

Some good stuff, I don't like most of it but other people might so don't take it personally. I might try working out a power set for Tina I'd like to include the TK, and sense stuff, let me know if I should post it here?

Yes, go ahead and post any of your ideas. I think these are some good suggestions.

I don't agree with the suggestions.

3. She creates pre-patch counselors that can just beat the shit out of Jason if he makes the mistake of trapping objectives.

4. Give counselors access to Wallhax.

5. Make her a walking pocket knife so we can keep stabbing Jason.

6. Give her the ability to be a pocket knife in case someone doesn't have a pocket knife and prevent Jason players from having the ability to play.

7. Make her invisible, but if she is actually found, she can stop Jason from doing anything so she can become invisible again.

8. She can come in so Jason can be killed if he's been able to successfully defended himself.

You're almost literally suggesting that her abilities would virtually remove Jason from the game and negate everything he could possibly attempt to do. 

I am not at all opposed to her being introduced to the game, even as a Tommy. At best she should just be a max stat character, like Tommy with a minimal ability. Something like she can open a door, or close and lock/barricade it from a short distance with her mind power. 

• Like 2