TWarner

Post for Kickstarter Backers of this project only.

With sony's mistake of releasing the Savini Jason by mistake Gun has acknowledged that it was a mistake on Sony's part and I believe them so that bieng said and this is to be a civil discussion among backers of this project not a flame war please. What do you think is a fair resolution for backers ? I for one think that Sony should make this right with Gun and take the funds made from the Savini Jason and offer some kind of real exclusive Jason or other DLC to the backers that have been with this project from the beginning. What is your thoughts ?  Devs..What are your thoughts ?  I have to admit I flew off the handle when I discovered this last night and recieved much hate for my posts mainly from newbies to the forum but I expected as much. I am greatly apprecitive of all of the efforts and time spent by the creators of this project and am having a blast playing with my friends from this forum.

Again , Thank You to Gun and my sincere appologies for my outbursts last night.

TWarner 

I'm not happy with what happened but I think gun should take the money they got from last night/day error and invest it in to getting the game running right 

I think we should all just get over it.

Damage is done. Well, what minor damage. So a few schmucks got the skin, so what? Just because a small majority of people have it (who didn't earn it) shouldn't ruin the skin for the rest of us. It really shouldn't.

We shouldn't get any compensation. Guns apology and reasonably timed removal of it from the store is enough. We just gotta accept that shit happens sometimes. 

• Like 9

This one wasn't on Gun.  I don't know what they can do, nor do I expect anything.  Get the game working then worry about other stuff such as DLC.  In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a VERSION of the Savini Jason sold to the public with exactly the same stats, etc but a cosmetic difference.  Raise funds for the game's future and kill the "pay to win" cries, even though they completely lack validity.  Maybe remove the glowing flames/eyes or something.  That way everyone has access to a Jason with those statistics, but the appearance of the original Savini Jason stays unique for the original backers.  I know it's not a great idea, but there are only two other options that I see:  1) Sony refunds all mistakenly allowed purchases from yesterday and disables the content, or 2) do nothing.  It was a small breach and was fairly quickly contained.  Move on. 

No matter what, Gun is in a no-win position in terms of PR.  I hate it for them.

• Like 2

Yeah. I feel bad for Gun. They clearly have a ton of passion for the project. There have been some bumps in the road as it is, but that had to have them enraged.

And of course, everyone just shits on them instead of Sony.

4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Damage is done. Well, what minor damage. So a few schmucks got the skin, so what? Just because a small majority of people have it (who didn't earn it) shouldn't ruin the skin for the rest of us. It really shouldn't.

We shouldn't get any compensation. Guns apology and reasonably timed removal of it from the store is enough. We just gotta accept that shit happens sometimes. 

No one seems to want to acknowledge those of us who were sent the wrong platform code and who Gun refuses to help? I was supposed to get a PS4 code, I got a Steam code. They won't allow me to sell it or trade it, they won't replace it, and now a bunch of randos were able to buy it. I don't care if it's exclusive or not; I care about having what I paid for.

1 minute ago, MCPooge said:

No one seems to want to acknowledge those of us who were sent the wrong platform code and who Gun refuses to help? I was supposed to get a PS4 code, I got a Steam code. They won't allow me to sell it or trade it, they won't replace it, and now a bunch of randos were able to buy it. I don't care if it's exclusive or not; I care about having what I paid for.

Your situation is different from the PS store issue.

I can't help you with what you're experiencing unfortunately. But if it helps, you are able to trade codes. The problem is finding them. That's a really shitty situation to be in and you're not the first person I've heard from about this. I take this issue as a legetimate problem.

Best of luck, I hope you're able to get it sorted out, Some how.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

But if it helps, you are able to trade codes.

Not really! Threads here asking to trade get closed. I know Gun has nothing to do with the subreddit, but I got banned there for the same thing (I didn't realize it was listed in their rules not to do it... I wish I had gotten a warning though...).

It all combines to make me pretty damn salty, especially since my friend I play with all the time who didn't know the game existed until I told him about it on Saturday was able to buy the skin during the small window it was available.

Just now, MCPooge said:

Not really! Threads here asking to trade get closed. I know Gun has nothing to do with the subreddit, but I got banned there for the same thing (I didn't realize it was listed in their rules not to do it... I wish I had gotten a warning though...).

I stay away from the sub reddit and discord since the mods are way more anal about shit there. If you open up a duplicate thread here or something that shouldnt be discussed you'll just get a warning and the topic will be closed.

But in the other two you'll be banned before you even know what you did.

I'm not sure where you can post to trade. Maybe try the steam community?

3 minutes ago, MCPooge said:

It all combines to make me pretty damn salty, especially since my friend I play with all the time who didn't know the game existed until I told him about it on Saturday was able to buy the skin during the small window it was available.

Completely understandable. I would be too in your position.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Maybe try the steam community?

I feel foolish for not thinking of this before. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

So they're schmucks? So if you had a ps4 and didnt have the skin but wanted it since you saw it then saw it for sale, you wouldn't of bought it because it might upset the higher beings?

• Like 1

One hand I don't care if more people have it, but since it was promised as a backer exclusive I do feel something should be done.

I say take it away from all of us, and offer refunds to the people who didn't back it, than send us new codes, so we can re-download it.

Oh and to the people that wasted CP on savini kills. too bad for you. lost points for you sucker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

So they're schmucks? So if you had a ps4 and didnt have the skin but wanted it since you saw it then saw it for sale, you wouldn't of bought it because it might upset the higher beings?

No, I still would've bought it. I'm not saying those that bought in on the PS store were wrong in doing so. I'm just saying the we, us backers (those expecting compensation), should get over the fact that other people bought the skin.

Now, if this was intentional by Gun we would be having a different discussion. But it wasn't.

I feel they should talk to sony about it and have it removed from the people that bought it on the ps store. it can be done. We dont need another fan made cartoon style jason.  Its as simple as that. they can run a patch that will disable the use of toms skin with each account that bought it from the ps store. Im also sure sony can remove content from an account. So to be far and stick to their word it would be best if they just removed it from the non backers and let that be it. I want to see more content but only true to the f13 movies

• Like 1

Im with HeartBreaker on this.

I'm new and dont have any cool skins, but from what i've read on here since yesterday. Sounds like very few people got the skin, I saw no one with it all last night. Wait a couple of weeks, most everyone will get over it, and let them use any extra $$$$$ to make this game even more awesome!!!! 

they have been bringing in tons of cash with just the release of the game. their also going to be bringing more dlc for everyone. this problem should be fixed. also i guess alot of people dont read the topic name. its a talk for backers/kickstarters only

2 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

I feel they should talk to sony about it and have it removed from the people that bought it on the ps store. it can be done. We dont need another fan made cartoon style jason.  Its as simple as that. they can run a patch that will disable the use of toms skin with each account that bought it from the ps store. Im also sure sony can remove content from an account. So to be far and stick to their word it would be best if they just removed it from the non backers and let that be it. I want to see more content but only true to the f13 movies

They are finding out if they can but i don't think it's gonna happen. At this point Sony is probably done with the situation, they haven't even made a public apology. I would just get over it and move on. This isn't the first time things were made available in the store either free when it should have been paid content or exclusive and were accidently made publicly accessible, and in all those past situations, never forced a refund.

All they can do is take it down from the store and admit they fucked up

it seems pretty simple. All Sony has to do is just retroactively remove access to the DLC for the few hundred people that downloaded it during that time frame. it would probably take some random intern like two hours to accomplish. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened on Xbox or PSN. I remember Xbox accidentally gave an entire game away for free for like an hour once, but they just apologized and ripped it right back out of all the accounts that downloaded it cause it says right in the Terms of Use doc that they can do that whenever they want.
Really though, it's a small amount of people that found out about it and bought it in the windows it was available. I'm not that worried if Gun just lets a handful of lucky souls keep their skin. It's not that different than if the guys gave away a few skins at some cons they went to like they used to do with the beta access. 

• Like 1

So I wasnt a kickstarter. I ordered on backerkit. I wasnt in that very early first month. I waited a bit. But I did buy on backerkit and paid for the Savini skin. I paid for it because it was exclusive and because it was not going to be available again. I bought it sight unseen because I didnt want to miss it. On principle it needs to stay the exclusive. Period. Thats why we bought it. Whether it was 6 bucks or 600 bucks doesnt matter.  We purchased it believing it was never again going to be available. 

I dont even use it. I prefer part 3. I like to be able to run. But I still want it to stay exclusive. Thankfully Im not on PS4 sp Im not faced with anyone else having it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fourkillmaster said:

Revoke oppurtunivinies

Nice word. fixed it a little. I like it better like that.

1 minute ago, fourkillmaster said:

or release another exclusive for backers.

This is not the appropriate route to take.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Nice word. fixed it a little. I like it better like that.

This is not the appropriate route to take.

Why not it doesn't have to be as controversial as a whole new character like Tom Savini Jason but something like an exclusive masked version of Jason or a reskin of him with bloody clothes would be fine by me.

31 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

One hand I don't care if more people have it, but since it was promised as a backer exclusive I do feel something should be done.

I say take it away from all of us, and offer refunds to the people who didn't back it, than send us new codes, so we can re-download it.

This is the proper thing to do. Release patch 1.05 which removes Savini Jason from everybody and resend the skin to your backers.

2 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

Why not it doesn't have to be as controversial as a whole new character like Tom Savini Jason but something like an exclusive masked version of Jason or a reskin of him with bloody clothes would be fine by me.

I'd prefer to limit exclusives. Honestly, I don't think there should be anymore for this game period. Savini alone causes more of a shit show than the brown note.

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

it seems pretty simple. All Sony has to do is just retroactively remove access to the DLC for the few hundred people that downloaded it during that time frame. it would probably take some random intern like two hours to accomplish. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened on Xbox or PSN. I remember Xbox accidentally gave an entire game away for free for like an hour once, but they just apologized and ripped it right back out of all the accounts that downloaded it cause it says right in the Terms of Use doc that they can do that whenever they want.
Really though, it's a small amount of people that found out about it and bought it in the windows it was available. I'm not that worried if Gun just lets a handful of lucky souls keep their skin. It's not that different than if the guys gave away a few skins at some cons they went to like they used to do with the beta access. 

What game was it? Because I remember when Mass Effect 2 came out all the dlc and season pass were accidently free on the Xbox store for about 3 hours. They then fixed the issue but did not take it away from me or anyone else. I still have it and never would have paid for it otherwise. That's like almost 100 bucks worth of content for free. And that's just one example. 

• Like 1