Is this dead already? Trying to find matches on PS4 and either end up hosting a lobby, or finding one with a couple other people in.. Not getting many full matches? 

Try joining a group.  Many PS4 players likely adopted this approach and as a result have grown several communities of players with reliable connections to use instead of the quick play lobby.

• Like 2

This been happening after patch. Before it was not enough lobbies. Now there are too many it seems. Also it's only early morning in U.S. so that could be another reason

This is true, I'm only up this early because I'm rocking the skills that pay the bills.  Otherwise, I'd be running from Freddy Krueger, not Jason.

Seriously...I may be watching too many horror movies..

• Like 2

Vast majority of people are playing private matches through the PS4 Communities.  You'd be an idiot to quick match with all the trolls and squeakers.

Plus, with Private Match the host can kick anyone being foolish.  

I feel PS4 bugs matchmaking sometimes.  I got put in my own lobby 7 times in a row with no one joining. I found restarting the game puts me in busy groups again. Not sure why but it worked 3 times.  

• Like 1

Had the same issue. Keep getting put into groups with about 3 players, or hosting one all by myself with nobody else joining.

I've had to back out of my own lobby a few times but it's a hell of a lot better than waiting 40 minutes to do anything! It has crashed on me a couple of times though 

I thought lobbies were kind of lite last night myself. It was quick to get into a lobby but not as full as they normally were. the only problem I have now with how quick it is to get into matches that it seems more and more people drop out of matches just because they weren't picked to be Jason since now they hardly have to wait to try again.  

They are the worst. Like they can't enjoy the game unless they're Jason. The ones who leave after they get killed are annoying, too.

Did everyone download the patch that came out yesterday? I have seen major improvements since the patch. Make sure there is no update for the game. 

6 minutes ago, JPops said:

Did everyone download the patch that came out yesterday? I have seen major improvements since the patch. Make sure there is no update for the game. 

Way better after the patch and no longer frustrating :)  Very happy with it!

Improvements I'd suggest:  Moving the host to another player when the host leaves. That's my only real problem now - especially when the host is a Jason-hopper.

• Like 2

I think after patched the quick play matchmaking seem pretty good for me it takes less than 1-2 mins for me to join in every time i try.

Yeah,for me now its less than 4 minutes to start. I dont even mind if its only 3-4 counselors,as long as I get to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPops said:

I know I did. However, getting into matches isn't the issue, it was the lack of players in the matches. I too got into a lobby as the host and waited for a good couple of minutes for others to join, but no one was joining. Most matches I played last night had 6 people in them and by the time the match was over maybe 4 of us would be left.  

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Yea these are post patch issues - I've been having the exact same things plus not being able to connect to private matches - getting some error for that - i made a bug report on the quick play but I wanted to get the exact error text before making another bug report for private invites

13 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

I know I did. However, getting into matches isn't the issue, it was the lack of players in the matches. I too got into a lobby as the host and waited for a good couple of minutes for others to join, but no one was joining. Most matches I played last night had 6 people in them and by the time the match was over maybe 4 of us would be left.  

Where are you located and what time were you trying to play?

3 minutes ago, SNaKe_ said:

Yea these are post patch issues - I've been having the exact same things plus not being able to connect to private matches - getting some error for that - i made a bug report on the quick play but I wanted to get the exact error text before making another bug report for private invites

Private matches aren't working? Once you get the text post it for sure that is odd there should not be an issue with private. 

1 hour ago, CatherineWalk said:

Way better after the patch and no longer frustrating :)  Very happy with it!

Improvements I'd suggest:  Moving the host to another player when the host leaves. That's my only real problem now - especially when the host is a Jason-hopper.

I believe that is something that is being looked into. No timetable on it though as it is a little bit more intricate.

4 minutes ago, JPops said:

Where are you located and what time were you trying to play?

St. Louis, MO.   got on around 7 or 8pm, logged off around 11pm