8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't understand why you need to be told why this is a bad idea.

I feel like if they nerf (or rework) his Shift + Grab combo that so many are complaining about, Jason will need some things to compensate in return. Buffing his melee, making Rage more gain more impact, slight modifications to his throwing knives / traps, increasing his mobility (at least during Rage) with the window Shift thing, and introducing perks for Jason should be enough to keep him competitive against any group of counselors.

What do you think about him only being able to Shift through broken windows once he has Rage active? I edited that into the first post. If the game drags that long, you should be further rewarded with Jason.

Note: I made a similar topic before I noticed this one. Below is a copy and paste of my suggestions...

I have a few suggestions reguarding this game and I will try to be brief...

Let me firstly congratulate the team, you guys did a wonderful job and I'm having lots of fun with your game, despite a few hiccups which are forgivable. You guys really nailed Friday The 13th and made a game that not only stays true to the source material, but is also a heck of a lotta fun to play!

Now, briefly on to the missed opportunity; launch day! The game should have been delayed so that the issues we face now never would have occurred. A perfect day to release this game would have been on October 13th, a Friday, of this year. Not only would this delay have made sure the servers could handle the load, the single player could have been included at launch, and possible polish to the game where it needs it could have been added, but it would have just made a bigger bang being released so close to Halloween. I believe that if they had done this reviews would easily be 2 points higher, an 8/10 instead of 6/10. Hindsight, but I digress, on to the suggestions...

In no particular order, they are...

Flashlight found in drawer instead of being given at spawn, alleviating the amount of empty drawers around.
    If spawned with a flashlight, then include something like batteries that you have to find to keep your light charged, battery found in drawers.
    Have another item needed for the blue car repair since four people can get away, such as fixing a flat tire (carried like gas) or spark plugs (found in drawers).
    A crossbow weapon for the counselors that acts like a knife stab, stunning Jason, but in projectile form. Carried like bear traps.
    One random cabin in every round has a dead body for counselors to stumble upon and increase their fear, could be the scene of the "couples embrace" death like in the load screens, or a body that falls from the top of the screen when you open certain doors (bathroom doors would work very well since they are one-way).
    Show players level in lobby and on mute / scoreboard screen.
    Two betrayals by the same player in a three game span automatically boots them from Quickmatch lobbies. Team killing isnt cool in a game that potentially takes 20 minutes to spectate, there needs to be punishment for repeat offenders! Arg!!!
    Allow use of the Customize menu when Spectating or Dead, this will give us something to do other than watch.
    More voice variations and sync the voices to moving mouths, also when players speak over headsets have the mouth move so we can know who is talking.
    More intros / outros; Show counselors who got away instead of Jason scene when players escape, maybe at an ambulance or giving a police report. Jason could start in the water breaking the chain and rock, or in the graveyard climbing out of his grave.
    Beefier car sounds when driving, it sounds like an electric in its current state. Needs that growl, should hear it over the sound of the trail being driven on.
    Rain effects, storm gets worse the longer the match goes. Thunder and lightning add to fear, rain obstructs vision of counselors during peak (final 2 min) and lightning can knock out power eventually as well.
    Remove music for counselors during Jason's Stalk, should have no music change unless a counselor sees Jason on screen, aka stealthier Jasons and more literal fear when playing as counselors.
    Minigame to "setup broadcast" before being able to call Tommy on the CB Radio. No part needed, just the minigame to set up the broadcast.
    Seeing Jason with mask off will rapidly fill fear, much quicker than with mask on. Perhaps give Jason the ability to lift the mask for a second or two to 'flash fear' counselors.
    TVs to distract Jason similar to radios now, it could broadcast just a white noise and snow visuals, nothing fancy. TV models already in game, add a button prompt and some static or that colorful bars one with the tone, done!
    Can hide under canoes, in hay bales in the barn, and bushes in the woods.
    Kills in water should have the young jason doing the kill.
    The pocket knife should not be auto, but pressed upon being grabbed, like the fireworks. If you cant get your knife ready in time jason gets ya!
    A level with a corn field and silo, like the scene in Freddy vs Jason.
    Jason must tap and fill a meter much the same way counselors do to perform a grab kill, but meter will be slightly quicker for jason. This will give counselors a slightly better chance of not being insta killed when grabbed.
    Soda can be found in drawers, and when used they instantly refill 1/4 of your stamina.
    A blood red flash on screen when a teammate is killed by jason, to accompany the scream.
    Counselors can smoke "spliffs" to decrease fear, but they affect stamina negatively. They can be found in drawers.
    An old stranger in a truck drives through the map randomly around the last 4 minutes of the match that will allow anyone that happens to come upon him driving through the ability to escape with him. He only drives through once, and can only carry one survivor. This will help give a small chance of escape if a counselor has survived the majority of the match but still hasnt already done so for whatever reason. Jason cannot stop the old stranger in the truck and counselors are not alerted to where or when and it does not show up on map. Getting away by this method is rare, but follows horror movie themes.
    Ability to give audio cues to teammates with button presses such as "follow me", "hide", "run", "ok", "no", etc. This will help players without mics still have some communication skills.
    Option to turn off Jason proximity music in settings menu, add it to the toggle options with friendly fire.
    Leaderboards! Showing things like "Most Kills As Jason", "Most Escapes", Most Repairs" of the community.
    Jason's proximity to counselors interferes with radio signal, causing communication issues where it blocks or distorts anyone within 10ft of jason with static. Goes with the whole paranormal unkillable theme. That way if hes chasing you you're pretty much severed from the rest of the counselors audio wise, adding to the suspense.
    Guns have a very slight chance to jam, with the exception of Tommy's spawn gun, and causes the player to check the gun and throw it on the ground in a 2-3 second animation, giving Jason a chance to close a gap and grab a player who challenged him!
    Ability to leave walkie talkies under beds and inside hiding spots to act as a distraction for jason and trick him into thinking a counselor is hiding there. The counselor would sacrifice communication for distraction.
    Jason can pull counselors out of building windows if they step too close to them, much like the car animation. Gotta be withing striking distance.
    A chainsaw is spawned randomly at the 10 min mark that Jason can use as a pick up weapon. Reving the engine will increase fear of any counselor in a certain radius, and can cut through locked doors with a 4 second -ish animation. I know Jason never used a chainsaw, but every haunted house has him chasing you with one, it's part of the cultural lore at this point.

That's all I could think of right now, but Im sure ill have more. What are some of your ideas? Do any of these sound particularly interesting? Maybe the devs could incorporate one or two of these someday. Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, REO said:
  • Backpack - When picked up, the counselor will wear it on their back and it will give you two extra item carrying slots. Sprint speed and stamina recharge speed will be reduced by 20%. (max of 1 per map)
  • Katana Sword - Similar to Machete but with slightly less power and slightly increased durability. (max of 1 per map)

What do you guys think or what do you guys want to see come for F13? Post here and feel free to share.

Backpack is actually great idea, but why would there ever be a katana in a summer camp? :D

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I still don't like it because it would make all the work put into barricading cabins pointless. The counselor might as well just walk up to Jason and let him do his thing.

You make a good point. I think something like that should only be an "Epic" unlockable perk for Jason. 

35 minutes ago, huuru said:

Backpack is actually great idea, but why would there ever be a katana in a summer camp? :D

I think there should be one more Machete variation type but yes it doesn't make sense why a katana would be there unless there's that one crazy ninja counselor on the down low. Do you think something like a Bowie, Kukri, or Cane type machete would make more sense?

3 hours ago, SloppySeconds8P said:

Note: I made a similar topic before I noticed this one. Below is a copy and paste of my suggestions...

I have a few suggestions reguarding this game and I will try to be brief...

Let me firstly congratulate the team, you guys did a wonderful job and I'm having lots of fun with your game, despite a few hiccups which are forgivable. You guys really nailed Friday The 13th and made a game that not only stays true to the source material, but is also a heck of a lotta fun to play!

Now, briefly on to the missed opportunity; launch day! The game should have been delayed so that the issues we face now never would have occurred. A perfect day to release this game would have been on October 13th, a Friday, of this year. Not only would this delay have made sure the servers could handle the load, the single player could have been included at launch, and possible polish to the game where it needs it could have been added, but it would have just made a bigger bang being released so close to Halloween. I believe that if they had done this reviews would easily be 2 points higher, an 8/10 instead of 6/10. Hindsight, but I digress, on to the suggestions...

In no particular order, they are...

Flashlight found in drawer instead of being given at spawn, alleviating the amount of empty drawers around.
    If spawned with a flashlight, then include something like batteries that you have to find to keep your light charged, battery found in drawers.
    Have another item needed for the blue car repair since four people can get away, such as fixing a flat tire (carried like gas) or spark plugs (found in drawers).
    A crossbow weapon for the counselors that acts like a knife stab, stunning Jason, but in projectile form. Carried like bear traps.
    One random cabin in every round has a dead body for counselors to stumble upon and increase their fear, could be the scene of the "couples embrace" death like in the load screens, or a body that falls from the top of the screen when you open certain doors (bathroom doors would work very well since they are one-way).
    Show players level in lobby and on mute / scoreboard screen.
    Two betrayals by the same player in a three game span automatically boots them from Quickmatch lobbies. Team killing isnt cool in a game that potentially takes 20 minutes to spectate, there needs to be punishment for repeat offenders! Arg!!!
    Allow use of the Customize menu when Spectating or Dead, this will give us something to do other than watch.
    More voice variations and sync the voices to moving mouths, also when players speak over headsets have the mouth move so we can know who is talking.
    More intros / outros; Show counselors who got away instead of Jason scene when players escape, maybe at an ambulance or giving a police report. Jason could start in the water breaking the chain and rock, or in the graveyard climbing out of his grave.
    Beefier car sounds when driving, it sounds like an electric in its current state. Needs that growl, should hear it over the sound of the trail being driven on.
    Rain effects, storm gets worse the longer the match goes. Thunder and lightning add to fear, rain obstructs vision of counselors during peak (final 2 min) and lightning can knock out power eventually as well.
    Remove music for counselors during Jason's Stalk, should have no music change unless a counselor sees Jason on screen, aka stealthier Jasons and more literal fear when playing as counselors.
    Minigame to "setup broadcast" before being able to call Tommy on the CB Radio. No part needed, just the minigame to set up the broadcast.
    Seeing Jason with mask off will rapidly fill fear, much quicker than with mask on. Perhaps give Jason the ability to lift the mask for a second or two to 'flash fear' counselors.
    TVs to distract Jason similar to radios now, it could broadcast just a white noise and snow visuals, nothing fancy. TV models already in game, add a button prompt and some static or that colorful bars one with the tone, done!
    Can hide under canoes, in hay bales in the barn, and bushes in the woods.
    Kills in water should have the young jason doing the kill.
    The pocket knife should not be auto, but pressed upon being grabbed, like the fireworks. If you cant get your knife ready in time jason gets ya!
    A level with a corn field and silo, like the scene in Freddy vs Jason.
    Jason must tap and fill a meter much the same way counselors do to perform a grab kill, but meter will be slightly quicker for jason. This will give counselors a slightly better chance of not being insta killed when grabbed.
    Soda can be found in drawers, and when used they instantly refill 1/4 of your stamina.
    A blood red flash on screen when a teammate is killed by jason, to accompany the scream.
    Counselors can smoke "spliffs" to decrease fear, but they affect stamina negatively. They can be found in drawers.
    An old stranger in a truck drives through the map randomly around the last 4 minutes of the match that will allow anyone that happens to come upon him driving through the ability to escape with him. He only drives through once, and can only carry one survivor. This will help give a small chance of escape if a counselor has survived the majority of the match but still hasnt already done so for whatever reason. Jason cannot stop the old stranger in the truck and counselors are not alerted to where or when and it does not show up on map. Getting away by this method is rare, but follows horror movie themes.
    Ability to give audio cues to teammates with button presses such as "follow me", "hide", "run", "ok", "no", etc. This will help players without mics still have some communication skills.
    Option to turn off Jason proximity music in settings menu, add it to the toggle options with friendly fire.
    Leaderboards! Showing things like "Most Kills As Jason", "Most Escapes", Most Repairs" of the community.
    Jason's proximity to counselors interferes with radio signal, causing communication issues where it blocks or distorts anyone within 10ft of jason with static. Goes with the whole paranormal unkillable theme. That way if hes chasing you you're pretty much severed from the rest of the counselors audio wise, adding to the suspense.
    Guns have a very slight chance to jam, with the exception of Tommy's spawn gun, and causes the player to check the gun and throw it on the ground in a 2-3 second animation, giving Jason a chance to close a gap and grab a player who challenged him!
    Ability to leave walkie talkies under beds and inside hiding spots to act as a distraction for jason and trick him into thinking a counselor is hiding there. The counselor would sacrifice communication for distraction.
    Jason can pull counselors out of building windows if they step too close to them, much like the car animation. Gotta be withing striking distance.
    A chainsaw is spawned randomly at the 10 min mark that Jason can use as a pick up weapon. Reving the engine will increase fear of any counselor in a certain radius, and can cut through locked doors with a 4 second -ish animation. I know Jason never used a chainsaw, but every haunted house has him chasing you with one, it's part of the cultural lore at this point.

That's all I could think of right now, but Im sure ill have more. What are some of your ideas? Do any of these sound particularly interesting? Maybe the devs could incorporate one or two of these someday. Thanks for listening!

I like some of those ideas. Good write up.

25 minutes ago, REO said:

You make a good point. I think something like that should only be an "Epic" unlockable perk for Jason.

No,not even then because if "perks" added to Jason, eventually everyone will unlock them all, and then every Jason will be shifting through windows. It would additionally make the "+Destruction" completely superfluous.

Great ideas REO. Hopefully the devs can look at this thread and gain inspiration for future updates because there are a lot of interesting concepts to explore here. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I thought of something else; they need to add buttons that correspond to which Jason kill you have selected when customizing your Jason. Its a bit confusing in its current state.