So, most Jason players put their traps in important places, like infront of vehicles, doorways, any high flow area for councilors. Why can't they be deactivated? They're already hard enough to spot, so you should be able to deactivate them just like regular traps. Maybe make it so you have to be crouched for the option to appear. Seems like Jason gets all the fun. Just my opinion

They can be deactivated if you have a pocket knife. I personally don't think it's worth it though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skynyrd said:

They can be deactivated if you have a pocket knife. I personally don't think it's worth it though.

Okay, that makes sense. Because I swore I was able to deactivate one once, but then every other time I tried, it wouldn't let me. Yeah, that's definitely not worth it. Jason should also be able to step on his own traps just like councilors can. It's kinda sad

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JasongrabOP said:

Okay, that makes sense. Because I swore I was able to deactivate one once, but then every other time I tried, it wouldn't let me. Yeah, that's definitely not worth it. Jason should also be able to step on his own traps just like councilors can. It's kinda sad

Agree 100%

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JasongrabOP said:

Jason should also be able to step on his own traps just like councilors can. It's kinda sad

I'm fine with that, but the question arises why should Jasonplayer walk right into his his own traps?

As you mentioned usually they are put inimportant places (frant of the car, phne box) For what reason should he return to the phonebox and step right in front of it when no counselor is there and stuck in the trap? The Jasonplayer knows that there is a trap

Yes counselors can get captured by other counselors traps, but that is exactly the point, usually you walk into a trap that another counselor placed, because you dont know that it is there. That is the very essence of  a trap. The person who placed it rarely steps in, because they are aware of the trap.

6 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

I'm fine with that, but the question arises why should Jasonplayer walk right into his his own traps?

As you mentioned usually they are put inimportant places (frant of the car, phne box) For what reason should he return to the phonebox and step right in front of it when no counselor is there and stuck in the trap? The Jasonplayer knows that there is a trap

All the more reason that it should be a game mechanic. It just adds to realism and doesn't hurt anything if the player is dumb enough to walk into their own trap. :)

• Like 1

And wasting a pocket knife to disarm Jason's traps is total BS. How about a quicktime event like with the gas, battery, etc.?

3 hours ago, ericrightshow said:

And wasting a pocket knife to disarm Jason's traps is total BS. How about a quicktime event like with the gas, battery, etc.?

Its not bullshit, Jason loses a trap, you lose something else THAT is balancing.

If you want a minigame to disarm traps, then how how about a minigame for the pocketknife? A minigame for Jason, if he messes it up you break free from his grip, but if he is succesful the pocketknife fails and you are ready to be killed.

However if this all would be added this game will only turn in some sort of minigamemarathon.

• Like 2

My opinion is that Jason should have double the amount of traps that he has now but the traps cannot be spammed in one spot and the traps can be disarmed using some type of minigame or be disarmed the same way the other traps are disarmed by holding a button down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terminator52 said:

My opinion is that Jason should have double the amount of traps that he has now but the traps cannot be spammed in one spot and the traps can be disarmed using some type of minigame or be disarmed the same way the other traps are disarmed by holding a button down

Jason cant disarm the traps of the counselors you know? So why should they be able to disarm his traps so easily? And if Jason could disarm the traps of the counselors and they his with ease it would make the whole point of placing traps meaningless.

13 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Jason cant disarm the traps of the counselors you know? So why should they be able to disarm his traps so easily? And if Jason could disarm the traps of the counselors and they his with ease it would make the whole point of placing traps meaningless.

Because even if a counselor knows that the trap is there, there is nothing you can do to get around it and if they are placed in key locations like the phone, boat, car, he can eliminate all or almost all of those objectives from the game entirely with the only option being to purposely step in it and if you do he will know you are there right away the only way of getting around it is to use the knife to disarm it which is not viable considering how rare knives are and then it also breaks the knife. The biggest issue I have with it is that its just silly knowing that there is lots of things you could do to get around the trap but in the game you cannot do. Also I think that it also breaks away from the way Jason is meant to be played, he is meant to be a find, chase, kill type of enemy, not place down traps at areas where players have to go to escape or win with basically no means of getting past it besides stepping in it  and then kill them. I have no problem with him putting them outside of windows or in doorways because you DONT HAVE to go there to win. This also forces the Jason player to strategize where he puts his traps thats the whole point of using a trap is so that the person stepping in it doesnt know that its there its not really a trap if you have to step in it its more like an unstoppable wall lol.

• Like 1

I really wish they had the noose trap like in the 2nd film. Creepy as hell just hanging there waiting for Jason to slit your throat.

2 hours ago, Terminator52 said:

Because even if a counselor knows that the trap is there, there is nothing you can do to get around it and if they are placed in key locations like the phone, boat, car, he can eliminate all or almost all of those objectives from the game entirely with the only option being to purposely step in it and if you do he will know you are there right away the only way of getting around it is to use the knife to disarm it which is not viable considering how rare knives are and then it also breaks the knife. The biggest issue I have with it is that its just silly knowing that there is lots of things you could do to get around the trap but in the game you cannot do. Also I think that it also breaks away from the way Jason is meant to be played, he is meant to be a find, chase, kill type of enemy, not place down traps at areas where players have to go to escape or win with basically no means of getting past it besides stepping in it  and then kill them. I have no problem with him putting them outside of windows or in doorways because you DONT HAVE to go there to win. This also forces the Jason player to strategize where he puts his traps thats the whole point of using a trap is so that the person stepping in it doesnt know that its there its not really a trap if you have to step in it its more like an unstoppable wall lol.

But you dont have to step in, not anymore. As you mentioned you can disable the traps now. Yes it breaks a knife but that brings in an interesting new element. You dont have to disable every trap you find because it is there. You can disable a trap in the hope that somebody finds the right part and if this part is gas for example you should hope that they use it on the vehicle where you disarmed the trap ( a mic is recommended in such situations), you can say you lay the knife down somewhere (for example next to the phonebox) so if its needed later on to disable a trap , or for someone else to escape to police later on, ot you can say i wont disable traps someone else should step in it and, if is unlucky, get killed, i keep my knife to break free from Jason's grip, if necessary, I want to survive.

I like these new tactical possibilities this trap-disable-feature adds to the game. And it leads to some interessting mindgames inyour own head.

Are you willing to probally sacrifice yourself for the others by giving away your knife, do you keep everyting for yourself which means if you dont survive the chances of the other to survive decrease aswell. What if you find two knifes ( which happened to many more than one-time and to the people I play with too)? Will you keep both, give one away or both?

This game is designed to make hard choices which adds a fear element. Just like if want I carry a weapon or the gas/battery to get the car ready to get out for safety.  The choice to use a knife on a trap is huge because that can be a trap that is stopping a player from fixing the phone or stop a person getting into a ready to go car. A knife just doesn't save you from getting out of a choke, it can help you get out of the map and that's why have it as a design. There needs to be risk for reward. 

@JasongrabOP with Jason stepping in his own trap seem logical, but the problem is that his traps are items that are one time use unlike the traps the counselors can use. they can reuse over and over. I wouldn't of been surprised if had a system early betas and tried it out and found it sucked bad for Jason if he wasted a trap on himself. I wouldn't actually mind if he could step his own traps, but only if he could fix it again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AngronKharn said:

Because Counselors don't get a notification when Jason steps in a trap. Because Jason isn't hurt horribly when stepping on a trap. And I never said they should disarm them easily. Use the same quicktime event as putting a battery in or filling a car with gas.

There are 5 pocket knives at most in a given map, and Jason has five traps. That means disarming them all leaves you without using pocket knives for their intended purpose escaping Jason).

Personally, I think Jason laying traps is lazy anyway. I think in the history of the movies, one guy got caught in a trap, and it may or may not have been Jason that left it. Be a more vigilant Jason, people!

On June 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Conan_the_Savage said:

This game is designed to make hard choices which adds a fear element. Just like if want I carry a weapon or the gas/battery to get the car ready to get out for safety.  The choice to use a knife on a trap is huge because that can be a trap that is stopping a player from fixing the phone or stop a person getting into a ready to go car. A knife just doesn't save you from getting out of a choke, it can help you get out of the map and that's why have it as a design. There needs to be risk for reward. 

@JasongrabOP with Jason stepping in his own trap seem logical, but the problem is that his traps are items that are one time use unlike the traps the counselors can use. they can reuse over and over. I wouldn't of been surprised if had a system early betas and tried it out and found it sucked bad for Jason if he wasted a trap on himself. I wouldn't actually mind if he could step his own traps, but only if he could fix it again. 

They would be fair if he could fix it again. But councilors should still get to deactivate them too. They're hidden in leaves, so they're hard to see anyway and meant to be hidden. But if you do spot one, you should deactivate it

14 minutes ago, JasongrabOP said:

They would be fair if he could fix it again. But councilors should still get to deactivate them too. They're hidden in leaves, so they're hard to see anyway and meant to be hidden. But if you do spot one, you should deactivate it

I enjoy the state they are in where you can get deactivated with a knife, but I wouldn't be opposed if they added a mini game where if you fail it snaps on you and breaks knife... pass it will deactivate and keep knife. I think that would make a interesting trade off. That would be high risk for reward. 

There is a perk that can help you see traps.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

I enjoy the state they are in where you can get deactivated with a knife, but I wouldn't be opposed if they added a mini game where if you fail it snaps on you and breaks knife... pass it will deactivate and keep knife. I think that would make a interesting trade off. That would be high risk for reward. 

There is a perk that can help you see traps.

I didn't know about that perk. But yeah, even just letting them be deactivated and keeping a knife, but then if you get grabbed, the knife wouldn't be so effective but would still work. For example, you'd have to press x, a, space(whatever the PC key is), three times to escape. So it's still possible to die, but it's like the knife is dulled down