kuebel33

At this point they may as well sell the skin (seriously)

Between the backers who got multiple codes and are just gouging prices on ebay getting hundreds per skin, and the fact that it went up for sale for a while on the PlayStation store, and the mix ups with codes, and non working ones, I'm pretty sure it would be more beneficial for Gun to actually sell it.

Backers aren't going to up and quit the game because of it. Backers will complain...just like everyone not able to get a skin does now... so no matter what there will be endless complaints. I would bet a lot more though, that making it available would please a hell of a lot more people, and fatten the studios pockets (which would hopefully be able to assist in more support of the game for a longer time), and probably lower complaints overall than trying to stick by this only backers can get the skin ideology. Had there not been so many problems with this system in the first place, it would be one thing, but honestly, weather it was Sonys fault or not, the fact that it even went up for sale is a problem and kind of the last thing.

It's odd to me that this game was made for "true fans" yet the games community can't actually get a skin (that anyone familiar with horror would want if they had known about it, being as Tom Savini is a legend), without upsetting the other fans. The irony of this is, I would bet you a TON of people who did buy this only found out it was even a game the day or week it came out. Frankly, the web presence and media presence for this game was abysmal if you didn't know about it from some place else first.

• Like 3

Nope.

True fans would have been aware of the skin, as they'd look up F13 on the internet once and a while. 

• Like 4

Sell the skin. 

Make some new exclusive skin for the backers as long as it's not a movie skin which everyone should be able to buy. 

7 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Nope.

True fans would have been aware of the skin, as they'd look up F13 on the internet once and a while. 

???

i love F13 movies and have watched the entire series several times.  Nothing like a marathon run when you got the flu!

Not all movie fans follow video game news.  I only knew that the next movie was postponed then cancelled. I might have read a game was in development but why would fans of the movie know a small detail like a specific Jason skin that isn't even based on the movies?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

Nope.

Let me tell you - I have been a fan of these series for over 20 years. I have all of the movies, mostly on VHS, and have enough Jason memorabilia to fill a room. I also love Tom Savini. I could walk you through every movie scene by scene. So don't try to tell me I'm not a fan.

I'm also very active online, and on social media. I never once saw anything about an exclusive Savini skin until it was too late. I am not the only one saying this. It just simply was not advertised well enough. I would have bought it in a heart beat, even though I would never even use it. I want it just for completion sake. So don't try to act like it's our fault or something. It just is what it is.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

Let me tell you - I have been a fan of these series for over 20 years. I have all of the movies, mostly on VHS, and have enough Jason memorabilia to fill a room. I also love Tom Savini. I could walk you through every movie scene by scene. So don't try to tell me I'm not a fan.

I'm also very active online, and on social media. I never once saw anything about an exclusive Savini skin until it was too late. I am not the only one saying this. It just simply was not advertised well enough. I would have bought it in a heart beat, even though I would never even use it. I want it just for completion sake. So don't try to act like it's our fault or something. It just is what it is.

You said what I was thinking just way better :)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CatherineWalk said:

Sell the skin. 

Make some new exclusive skin for the backers as long as it's not a movie skin which everyone should be able to buy. 

They aren't going to make another skin. They have no reason to. Spend thousands of dollars to appease a few backers when it could just happen with the new skin as well? I don't think so. 

I've never heard of a kickstarter not having some sort of issues or problems. I'm sure Gun will stay the hell away from it next time around and rightly so. 

Sony messed up, but that doesn't mean that everyone else who backed the game should be pissed on. The skin was made for us and should stay for us, it was our reward for backing the game and we want to keep it special. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CatherineWalk said:

???

i love F13 movies and have watched the entire series several times.  Nothing like a marathon run when you got the flu!

Not all movie fans follow video game news.  I only knew that the next movie was postponed then cancelled. I might have read a game was in development but why would fans of the movie know a small detail like a specific Jason skin that isn't even based on the movies?

As have I. I'm also not the biggest gamer. But every so often when I type F13 into a search engine, I get hits on various things. Movies that get greenlit, movies that get put into development hell, games about to be made, and so on. 

As far as the skin itself, once I heard the game was being made, I went to the F13 games site (following through on my fandom) and then saw that I could back the game to a certain tier and get the skin. If you came late, the Backerkit let you order it ala' cart for nearly two years. 

The problem we're having is that the skin was proposed as an exclusive. If Gun sells it purposefully, they'd have lied to their backers. And if there is one thing that is worse then losing money, it's losing your good reputation. 

1 hour ago, SolidusPrime said:

You may be a fan. Sadly you're not a fan who has kept up with the franchise. That cost you a skin. 

The game wasn't advertised terribly well because Gun didn't have the funds to do it. Word of mouth, social media, and horror sites doing coverage were your best bets. It sucks you couldn't get it in time, even if the window was large. But with that, Gun needs to stick to it's promise that this was exclusive. A quote attributed to Ben Franklin says "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to destroy it." 

20 minutes ago, VideodromeStereo said:

They aren't going to make another skin. They have no reason to. Spend thousands of dollars to appease a few backers when it could just happen with the new skin as well? I don't think so. 

I've never heard of a kickstarter not having some sort of issues or problems. I'm sure Gun will stay the hell away from it next time around and rightly so. 

Possibly. But Gun didn't have a choice. Without the Kickstarter/Backerkit people wouldn't be playing the game. It's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kuebel33 said:

Between the backers who got multiple codes and are just gouging prices on ebay getting hundreds per skin, and the fact that it went up for sale for a while on the PlayStation store, and the mix ups with codes, and non working ones, I'm pretty sure it would be more beneficial for Gun to actually sell it.

Backers aren't going to up and quit the game because of it. Backers will complain...just like everyone not able to get a skin does now... so no matter what there will be endless complaints. I would bet a lot more though, that making it available would please a hell of a lot more people, and fatten the studios pockets (which would hopefully be able to assist in more support of the game for a longer time), and probably lower complaints overall than trying to stick by this only backers can get the skin ideology. Had there not been so many problems with this system in the first place, it would be one thing, but honestly, weather it was Sonys fault or not, the fact that it even went up for sale is a problem and kind of the last thing.

It's odd to me that this game was made for "true fans" yet the games community can't actually get a skin (that anyone familiar with horror would want if they had known about it, being as Tom Savini is a legend), without upsetting the other fans. The irony of this is, I would bet you a TON of people who did buy this only found out it was even a game the day or week it came out. Frankly, the web presence and media presence for this game was abysmal if you didn't know about it from some place else first.

If anything.. either make it an actual skin, or remove the whole silly Savini look 'n feel.

You can be very much fan of the franchise (which I'm totally not with these slasher movies), but have enough experience with game studio's to know kickstarters are basically the lazy man's approach. Or at least been fooled often enough to back a failing project. ('nuff examples).
I would've probably preferred Freddy over Jason.

So my 2 cents.. Give them a skin that doesn't ruin gameplay for other players. I play the least with the backers, because of this.
Also be a bit more creative than just giving him burning marks from Hell. Now it's just like a redundant American hot rod with flames painted on it.

1 hour ago, SolidusPrime said:

Absolutely same here Solidus.  Couldn't have said it better.  He should've just made an exclusive window for the Backers and then opened it up to the public.  that's what I've said all along. Some Backer's will bitch and moan but the truth of the matter is that it's a company that needs to make money and this could help to improve the game. That said, I don't even really care anymore about the  Savini Jason.  I am grateful for gun media making this game but this whole Savini Jason thing has been a serious mess.  Too many people have had access to it – just give the backers a new special skin and release this one. It seems like the best solution. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Absolutely same here Solidus.  Couldn't have said it better.  He should've just made an exclusive window for the Backers and then opened it up to the public.  that's what I've said all along. Some Backer's will bitch and moan but the truth of the matter is that it's a company that needs to make money and this could help to improve the game. That said, I don't even really care anymore about the  Savini Jason.  I am grateful for gun media making this game but this whole Savini Jason thing has been a serious mess.  Too many people have had access to it – just give the backers a new special skin and release this one. It seems like the best solution. 

Weren't they a company that needed money when they created and sold the exclusive skin? It'd be pretty scummy just to go back on their word because of a want for more money.

19 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Weren't they a company that needed money when they created and sold the exclusive skin? It'd be pretty scummy just to go back on their word because of a want for more money.

I'm just saying that at this point they have poisoned the well and that they should give Backers a new exclusive skin and just sell this one. It would make Backers happy and since so many non-backers have the skin, they might as well make some money on it.  Do you see what I mean? I don't want the backers to get screwed, I just think they deserve something new that is all for them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

I'm just saying that at this point they have poisoned the well and that they should give Backers a new exclusive skin and just sell this one. It would make Backers happy and since so many non-backers have the skin, they might as well make some money on it.  Do you see what I mean? I don't want the backers to get screwed, I just think they deserve something new that is all for them. 

I can't imagine making a new one would really help. I think what's done is done and everyone just has to move on. It was a fuck up, can't be fixed and the skin is still exclusive minus on the PS4 to an extent. I wouldn't mind knowing how many were sold though.

They need to move forward and create content for all players to purchase.

• Like 2

I think the skin should go on sale now and all the money generated be pumped into an Alice Cooper skin who comes with fire breathing snake and crocodile attack teams. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think the skin should go on sale now and all the money generated be pumped into an Alice Cooper skin who comes with fire breathing snake and crocodile attack teams. 

You had me at "crocodile attack teams".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You had me at "crocodile attack teams".

No new savini child Jason 

Sell this one make that a new exclusive 

Those complaining because they don't have new skin will be really pissed at a whole new exclusive character with different mechanics 

11 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

That would be awesome!

I think the argument of backers being screwed is kind of pointless personally. Backers still got all of the other stuff. And the skin eventually sold for $6 or whatever on backerkit anyhow. So what are you screwed out of? $6 ? Again, I think there are a ton of fans that had no clue this was even a thing. To be honest, not selling the skin is screwing everyone. It's not about them making profit, its about them saying they want to give dlc away for free, etc.. how are they going to do that with no microtransactions to finance development?

And it's not like this game was Friday the 13th to start with. It was Slasher Camp Vol. 1 That would have flown under the radar for most people. I know a lot of people who super bummed about the whole "skin" thing.. and again it's not just a skin.. its an actual other character with different stats. Just because you're a super fan, doesn't mean you google Friday the 13th every day. Most of the die hards are probably true horror fans and look at dreadcentral, horrorhound, etc and google all kinds of horror related things every day. Very easy for the whole funding to be missed.

Not sure what to say here except wow... thats a kick in the nuts for PS F13 players.

As for selling the skin, honestly, I dont even play the Jason that much... He's great for instant killing survivors but hes not very "Fun". Since I prefer enviro, I like 7 and 3 for the grip str. 

I dont know what they should do at this point but yea. Ouch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

No new savini child Jason 

Sell this one make that a new exclusive 

Those complaining because they don't have new skin will be really pissed at a whole new exclusive character with different mechanics 

No, Savini Me! With glowing blue eyes and spike holes!

8 hours ago, Roy Burns said:

I'm down for it. Royvini

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Perk pack for backers.   Especially since my perk rolls seem to be stuck on "incredibly poor". Should be an option.  Regardless if the skin is taken away now it has lost its mystique.  Everyone and their brother has it now.  Sell it, make money, progress the game along farther.  The thrill of the skin is gone.  Can't get that back.   Just capitalize off of it now.  I'd settle for a legendary perk pack for counselors.  

41 minutes ago, Roy Burns said:

Oh wow

It was on sale for less than 3 hours. I've been in many lobbies since and most don't have it and when they see the EYES they're like "look look" they got the special jason. Many are overreacting.