Quagmirę

You can buy Savini Jason for 5.99$ on PSN

I made it to page 12 before calling it for now. Is Sony removing the content from purchasers? This may not be Guns fault but this has got to be the worst launch in history especially in the case of the backers.

All I can say is

Godzilla_Facepalm_godzilla_30354011_640_

30 minutes ago, Uber Jason X said:

Thank you Sony hahaha. Time to create an american PSN account and grab this baby asap.

Not available on there anymore.

I'm curious,  how does people buying the skin within a three hour window hurt a backer. I've heard arguments such as "I've backed the game since the beginning." All you did was make a one time donation. Still cost money to maintain servers and patch game. Are you payrolling staff? 

What's the other argument? We are true fans? Most the people who bought the skins play the game a lot and follow the forms.  They are also true fans.  

Why didn't I support kick starter? Because I do research and find things like this are not uncommon.  (Remember the cooler with built in speaker and iPod dock?). I bought the game once I knew it would come out(October before the delay) and bought the skin off the store.  Don't like what a did? Tough luck.  I'll enjoy the game with or without the skin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I'm curious,  how does people buying the skin within a three hour window hurt a backer. I've heard arguments such as "I've backed the game since the beginning." All you did was make a one time donation. Still cost money to maintain servers and patch game. Are you payrolling staff? 

What's the other argument? We are true fans? Most the people who bought the skins play the game a lot and follow the forms.  They are also true fans.  

Why didn't I support kick starter? Because I do research and find things like this are not uncommon.  (Remember the cooler with built in speaker and iPod dock?). I bought the game once I knew it would come out(October before the delay) and bought the skin off the store.  Don't like what a did? Tough luck.  I'll enjoy the game with or without the skin. 

Dude i agree but have some pity on them. Imagine in what kind of state their lives are to think that an an exclusive skin makes them special. It's so sad and pathetic. No need to trigger their already miserable lifes. Got the skin from store too btw :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You have the right spirit. This whole "true fan" thing cracks me up. I'm an old guy; 40 years old. I grew up on these movies. I recognize the camps and names, and I could easily point to which movie each Jason is modeled after (though there's no need since they labeled them).

And like them, I too, was a backer. On Kickstarter. Never received my code. Oh well, no biggie. I looked at both sides and can find arguments for each. But to suggest that someone isn't a fan because they didn't back the game is really petty. And false. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JackTV said:

But to suggest that someone isn't a fan because they didn't back the game is really petty. And false. 

Thank you Jack – I didn't have the opportunity to back the game but that doesn't make me any less of a fan.  I have followed this film series since I was a little kid. I am a little sad that this window happened for PlayStation and not for other places like steam or Xbox but I understand it was a glitch. I would love to get the Savini Jason, but I sympathize with the Backers too.  ugh... what a mess. At least some random people won out in this process.I wish I was one of them!

1 minute ago, JackTV said:

You have the right spirit. This whole "true fan" thing cracks me up. I'm an old guy; 40 years old. I grew up on these movies. I recognize the camps and names, and I could easily point to which movie each Jason is modeled after (though there's no need since they labeled them).

And like them, I too, was a backer. On Kickstarter. Never received my code. Oh well, no biggie. I looked at both sides and can find arguments for each. But to suggest that someone isn't a fan because they didn't back the game is really petty. And false. 

They are just sad because standing in front of a screen 24/7 and get rewarded is completely natural for them. 

I'm wondering...Couldn't gun put out a patch that ruins Savini Jason. Makes him unable to attack or some such...

Then couldn't they make a slightly recoded version that works that they hand out to the PS backers? It would be some work to implement if it's even possible.

I agree with the whole "you didn't back the game so you're not a true fan" posts. For some to insinuate that backers are the only fans is indeed stupid. I'm a big F13 fan and I backed the game, but I also know that there's a ton of people who are big fans but didn't back the game.

I feel sorry for folks who missed the opportunity with the Kickstarter for Savini Jason. I've missed things before because I didn't know about them too, but I've never kicked up a massive fuss about it. Some people though are taking it to heart, and that's not good for anyone.

• Like 1

Looking at it as such the Genie is out of the Lamp reguarless who it was that let it out now. While the backers feel screwed by this mistake the regular gamers feel screwed by the game being broken and worse they bought the skin and if the skin is removed only will burn them and future sales.

This is a legal issue and a nightmare. Don't forget you will have to refund the CP the gamers used on the Savini Jason as well as their purchase price and tax if you plan to rip the gamers off of the skin they bought. 

Should just let the skin skin go back for sale and create something better for the backers. It is the only real way to save face with both the gamers who bought a broken game and skin as well as the backers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

If you bought the game or dlc before it went on sale then you are a backer. The game exists because of backers without kickstarter or backerkit it would just be a shell of a game. Kickstarter and backerkita offered an exclusive item. Exclusive means that once the sale is over it will never be sold again. Gun offered something exclusive to get funding for the game and for others to get it after the fact is just wrong. It's a matter of principle. 

This isn't really Guns fault I think but it is really shitty. If it was their fault it would constitute fraud by offering an exclusive incentive and then offering to everyone afterwards,  but this seems to be a Sony fuck up. 

It's supposed to be a thank you to backers for their support but now it's nothing. Just another fuck up. 

27 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I agree with the whole "you didn't back the game so you're not a true fan" posts. For some to insinuate that backers are the only fans is indeed stupid. I'm a big F13 fan and I backed the game, but I also know that there's a ton of people who are big fans but didn't back the game.

I feel sorry for folks who missed the opportunity with the Kickstarter for Savini Jason. I've missed things before because I didn't know about them too, but I've never kicked up a massive fuss about it. Some people though are taking it to heart, and that's not good for anyone.

Well it's either that or masturbate. It's not like they have anything to do with their worthless whatever state they are is. To call it living would be highly inaccurate. 

Interesting question that also comes up is, just who set the price of $5.99 for the skin. Sony doesn't set the price the publisher does. So this truly falls back on to here of someone dropping the ball or possible fraud.

2 minutes ago, BombardierBob said:

Interesting question that also comes up is, just who set the price of $5.99 for the skin. Sony doesn't set the price the publisher does. So this truly falls back on to here of someone dropping the ball or possible fraud.

Gun said Sony made them set a price on it even though they weren't going to sell it. But they also said the theme was going to cost money, so why wasnt a price set on it last month when it was accidentally released also. 

Just giving my opinion here. Before I go on, I am a backer and I did get the Savini skin on backerkit ages ago, along with a bunch of other stuff. Just to make that clear.

Now this is just me, but I don't get the fuss about keeping the skin exclusive. Don't care, never did. It's nice and all that the devs wanted to reward us backers with something exclusive, but at the end of the day what does it really matter. I didn't need a reward other than the game itself, I simply funded it in the hope that it would get finished and released, and it did. Doesn't always happen like that. 

Obviously there's a huge demand for the skin, they may as well just sell it while it's hot. More funding for the devs which they can put toward the game, and I believe they could do with it. I think that's a win/win for everyone, other than people who place too much value on having content others can't get. 

Anyway I know this post is for nought because the devs have been absolutely clear on keeping it backer exclusive, despite whatever happened here by mistake. Just hoping others may see a different perspective to it. I don't see it worth stressing out over.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Just giving my opinion here. Before I go on, I am a backer and I did get the Savini skin on backerkit ages ago, along with a bunch of other stuff. Just to make that clear.

Now this is just me, but I don't get the fuss about keeping the skin exclusive. Don't care, never did. It's nice and all that the devs wanted to reward us backers with something exclusive, but at the end of the day what does it really matter. I didn't need a reward other than the game itself, I simply funded it in the hope that it would get finished and released, and it did. Doesn't always happen like that. 

Obviously there's a huge demand for the skin, they may as well just sell it while it's hot. More funding for the devs which they can put toward the game, and I believe they could do with it. I think that's a win/win for everyone, other than people who place too much value on having content others can't get. 

Anyway I know this post is for nought because the devs have been absolutely clear on keeping it backer exclusive, despite whatever happened here by mistake. Just hoping others may see a different perspective to it.

Couldn't put it better myself. Glad to see there are still some nice people on this forum full of gollums. Hehe. You sir deserve a medal. You are a True fan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Anyway I know this post is for nought because the devs have been absolutely clear on keeping it backer exclusive, despite whatever happened here by mistake. Just hoping others may see a different perspective to it. I don't see it worth stressing out over.

I see where you are coming from but I think it's more on principle. Exclusive means exclusive. It would further fund the game but that's not how it was marketed. I like buying collectibles(usually physical stuff). Honestly if it wasn't marketed as exclusive I still would have bought it. They should have just offered something to distinguish the backers in game like a tag next to name or something. That would have been cool, a thank you for supporting the game. Battlefield does the exclusive dogtags. Something small like that would have been acceptable and they could have continued to sell savini Jason then. 

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I see where you are coming from but I think it's more on principle. Exclusive means exclusive. It would further fund the game but that's not how it was marketed. I like buying collectibles(usually physical stuff). Honestly if it wasn't marketed as exclusive I still would have bought it. They should have just offered something to distinguish the backers in game like a tag next to name or something. That would have been cool, a thank you for supporting the game. Battlefield does the exclusive dogtags. Something small like that would have been acceptable and they could have continued to sell savini Jason then. 

I bought the collector's edition of GTA 5 on PS3 when the game was out, I got all these exclusive items and in game exclusive items. When they ported the game over to PS4 a lot of people got these items from the collector's edition, I paid a $100 and then people who bought the PS4 got those items, now I'm not mad about it cuz I knew people on PS3 who glitched the cars and stuff, I think the backers need something that isn't locked to other players, I remember seeing the pitchfork being use and wanted to kill people with a pitchfork, only Jason that has a pitchfork is the Savini skin, which sucks, I wouldn't mind if they had a normal skinned Jason with an awesome pitchfork would be awesome. That is something that bothers me, the fact a cool weapon is locked from players who can't access that right now. 

Edited by Ghostboy20
got got to add GTA 5

4 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Hey im ok with a small thing like the clothing pack. Nobody really cares about it anyway. But Savini Jason is an entire character! He has the best design, his own pros/cons and a badass weapon that makes the other Jason arsenal look laughable. "Oh what part 3, an axe? Oh that's cool, i just have SATAN'S FREAKING TRIDENT OF DOOM Mwhahaha" Savini is a big deal to be exclusive imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uber Jason X said:

Hey im ok with a small thing like the clothing pack. Nobody really cares about it anyway. But Savini Jason is an entire character! He has the best design, his own pros/cons and a badass weapon that makes the other Jason arsenal look laughable. "Oh what part 3, an axe? Oh that's cool, i just have SATAN'S FREAKING TRIDENT OF DOOM Mwhahaha" Savini is a big deal to be exclusive imo.

I agree but they done fucked it up now. Exclusive means exclusive. Since he was marketed that way that's how he should remain. He is not better than other Jason, I'm not a huge fan of his abilities. I will only play as him because he looks awesome. 

I do feel like they should either refund those who bought it wrongfully and remove the content or do something else for the backers. We bought exclusive content which is no longer exclusive. It's Sony's fault but they should do something about it because its still their product. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

If you bought the game or dlc before it went on sale then you are a backer. The game exists because of backers without kickstarter or backerkit it would just be a shell of a game. Kickstarter and backerkita offered an exclusive item. Exclusive means that once the sale is over it will never be sold again. Gun offered something exclusive to get funding for the game and for others to get it after the fact is just wrong. It's a matter of principle. 

This isn't really Guns fault I think but it is really shitty. If it was their fault it would constitute fraud by offering an exclusive incentive and then offering to everyone afterwards,  but this seems to be a Sony fuck up. 

It's supposed to be a thank you to backers for their support but now it's nothing. Just another fuck up. 

Bahahahahaha bahahahahaha, the studio would of done it anyways, and who knows, without the butthurt fanboys, they might of been forced to call this game as it should be, EARLY ACCESS, because to call it a retail release would be an insult. I'd compare it to ubisoft's many many shenanigans. Seriously it's a skin, it should be sold as dlc if they want to make money, to say they don't would be to deny the truth, I mean, look at the state of the game they released. Sure, it has it's fun moments, but I find many more moments of frustration due to the massive memory leaks (I'd rather smack my head against a wall than play it on xbox 1 right now) and gamebreaking bugs. It's more of a troll/insult to those of you who have backed it than anything. Things like this are precisely why I DON'T back campaigns like this. I wish I would of read the reviews before purchasing, so I do hope it improves. I'm entitled to what I paid money for, and thats a game that works, damn near flawlessly, anything less should be unacceptable. I feel for the backers, at least the ones who think like I do, screw a skin, give me polish, make sure the game is ready to go before releasing it, or draw my ire.

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I agree but they done fucked it up now. Exclusive means exclusive. Since he was marketed that way that's how he should remain. He is not better than other Jason, I'm not a huge fan of his abilities. I will only play as him because he looks awesome. 

I do feel like they should either refund those who bought it wrongfully and remove the content or do something else for the backers. We bought exclusive content which is no longer exclusive. It's Sony's fault but they should do something about it because its still their product. 

If Exclusive meant Exclusive then the collector's edition of GTA 5 should have remained that. Yes this skin was Exclusive but why must things be Exclusive, from skins to weapon to many other things in our games. I think it would fair to give backers cooler items like, custom costumes or just a skin that doesn't lock a weapon from other players. 

8 hours ago, shwag said:

as long as it is all FREE dlc, done supporting this game more then i already have. sony's fault or not. this ship is sinking. 

You need to grow up i backed the game but got sent a steam key couldn't get a ps4 one so when i saw it i picked it up for 7.99 because i live in canada so should i lose it because you want to cry over something that is out of your hands, yes you backed the game but so did i am i mad that it showed up no because its a fucking skin and a game who gives a flying fuck that everyone has one so now your done supporting the game over a $6 skin whick you mostly likey only put $6 backing the game.

29 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

You already have something else. The clothing pack. Lol. More exclusive dlc? You obviously joking right? Game is out, all future dlc should be for everyone.No offence to you but I don't want Uber Jason to suddenly turn exclusive just because a few crybabies losers no longer feel special. 

3 hours ago, KnightBlade said:

Backers if they can't remove the skin what do you want Gun to do ?

Create Uber Jason. Backer exclusive.