Quagmirę

You can buy Savini Jason for 5.99$ on PSN

5 minutes ago, KnightBlade said:

I think at this point gun media should give everyone the Savini Jason for free for all the issue. refund the players that bought it on PlayStation network. Make a new skin only for backers I think this way everybody would be happy backers get a exclusive skin that only they have access to and everyone get a free skin for all the issue.  

No one is entitled to anything free. If the skins are refunded and removed from the non-backer PS4 players, then THAT is the reward that backers get. Exclusivity.

2 minutes ago, LordIsMyShepherd said:

You would think the backers lost their access to the Skin or something.

You still have the Skin.

Your "reward" was backing development to see this game come into existence.  And now you can play it.

It doesn't affect you in any way if other people have the skin.  Your skin still works.

Gun Media can make more money to help to continue to develop this game's future DLC.

I mean really.

It's been sold as EXCLUSIVE BACKING Reward. I mean really. Not hard to understand. It doesn't affect anyone, but it feels like the People with the Skin are being shit on right now. And the Jason Skin was not meant to be the main part of growing money, more like a get your ingame Backing Reward but also help supporting.

This is embarrassing now guys. A debate turned into an online intellectual pissing contest. Makes me wonder, are you guys actually playing the game? Or just here swinging your digital dicks at eachother?

We'll either get a statement from Gun on the matter, or we won't. There's not much else that can be said really, it's sad and deflating for the backers. Despite what people are saying about entitlement.  It was meant to be exclusively for the people that supported the development of this game. 

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

No one is entitled to anything free. If the skins are refunded and removed from the non-backer PS4 players, then THAT is the reward that backers get. Exclusivity.

Your reward was getting to fund a small indie game to bring this game to life so you can play it.

1 minute ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

It's been sold as EXCLUSIVE BACKING Reward. I mean really. Not hard to understand. It doesn't affect anyone, but it feels like the People with the Skin are being shit on right now. And the Jason Skin was not meant to be the main part of growing money, more like a get your ingame Backing Reward but also help supporting.

You still have your skin.   You can still use your Savini skin.   How are you being "shit on"  ?    You didn't lose access to the things you were given.

1 minute ago, LordIsMyShepherd said:

Your reward was getting to fund a small indie game to bring this game to life so you can play it.

"Kickstarter Exclusive in-game playable Jason character designed by Tom Savini, with unique weapon." Can you read what this says?

Just now, LordIsMyShepherd said:

You still have your skin.   You can still use your Savini skin.   How are you being "shit on"  ?    You didn't lose access to the things you were given.

I dont even have the Skin on PC my Friend. But People who cheesed it dont deserve it.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't think they can remove the skins. I would be fine for them to open it up for everybody to buy and use that money to pay for them to make the backers a new skin. Bottom line the backers won't be happy unless they have a cool skin that only they have access to. By the way I'm not a backer  

2 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

"Kickstarter Exclusive in-game playable Jason character designed by Tom Savini, with unique weapon." Can you read what this says?

History lesson.

Grand Theft Auto IV : The Lost and the Damned DLC.

The game was first released as a download on Xbox Live on February 17, 2009 as an "Xbox 360 exclusive"

But it was a TIMED exclusive.  After a certain amount of time, Playstation users got to play it too.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_and_Damned

I am happy that Gun Media was able to make more money, even if it was an accident.

Just now, KnightBlade said:

I don't think they can remove the skins. I would be fine for them to open it up for everybody to buy and use that money to pay for them to make the backers a new skin. Bottom line the backers won't be happy unless they have a cool skin that only they have access to. By the way I'm not a backer  

They can, the Question right now is if they will.

I've only seen a big influx of Savini Jason this afternoon and none since.

There's still plenty of players who never got Savini Jason and were unaware of the accidental Playstation Store accessibility.

History lesson.

Grand Theft Auto IV : The Lost and the Damned DLC.

The game was first released as a download on Xbox Live on February 17, 2009 as an "Xbox 360 exclusive"

But it was a TIMED exclusive.  After a certain amount of time, Playstation users got to play it too.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_and_Damned

I am happy that Gun Media was able to make more money, even if it was an accident.

Well, that is a different Thing. If you know Destiny you might have heard of Ps4 exclusive Armor. Xbox Players are able to get the same Armor, but 1 Year later. Backing Exclusive is something different, and has been confirmed to be exclusive, not time limited.

2 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

Well, that is a different Thing. If you know Destiny you might have heard of Ps4 exclusive Armor. Xbox Players are able to get the same Armor, but 1 Year later. Backing Exclusive is something different, and has been confirmed to be exclusive, not time limited.

It is not different.  The GTA 4 Lost and Damned DLC was marketed as a 360 Exclusive to the public.

Did I get upset when 1 year later, the PS3 people could play it? No.

This was an accident.

You aren't going to be hurt because a few more people have the skin.   Be happy that Gun Media made some money today.

Oh well.

This was an accident.

You aren't going to be hurt because a few more people have the skin.   Be happy that Gun Media made some money today.

Since its not my Platform i dont even care about it. I just feel bad for the Backers. Accidents can happen, lets just wait for the official Statement.

I just want everybody to be happy. I really like this game but it is getting so much bad media that no matter how much I tell my friends I like this game they won't try it out

So many comments here im just happy i have my skin next up counselor clothes for ps4

8 hours ago, Quagmirę said:

So at last we are able to buy the skin. At the moment it's only possible on the US store but I'm sure other stores will get it soon.

Can't wait to test Savini jason out!

Thank you Sony hahaha. Time to create an american PSN account and grab this baby asap.

Haven't read all these posts yet,  but have 2 questions. If it wasn't supposed to be on sale then why did it have a price tag? It was never going to be sold again right. Why don't you refund those who bought it and remove it from their accounts? Saying there is nothing you can do is not acceptable at this point. Gun needs to rectify this situation and make it right with backers because at this point it's just a big fuck you to backers. 

I will now go back and read and see if my answers are there

3 minutes ago, KnightBlade said:

Backers if they can't remove the skin what do you want Gun to do ?

I can't speak for everyone, but I'll throw my two cents in.

The damage is done. Sony fucked up and oh well. Nothing we or gun can really do about it. So a few schmucks got the skin, not a big deal.

I don't really want any form of compensation. Bens explanation was enough. 

Yeah im pissy about it and it shouldn't have happened. But it's just something us backers are gonna have to get over. If this was intentional and deliberate by Gun, we'd be having a different discussion.

But again, it's just something we're gonna have to get over.

6 minutes ago, KnightBlade said:

Backers if they can't remove the skin what do you want Gun to do ?

Honestly, nothing. I think console users (Xbox+PS4) should be able to purchase the skin for 24hrs due to all of the issues across the board on console. That's backers included on that. I backed the game with all DLC on PC and Xbox. So it's not about me buying the skin. The skin isn't just a skin, it's a whole new character and I believe putting that on sale for 24hrs for all of the issues there's been (If we're being honest, releasing an unfinished game on console) would give console users some sort of compensation as an apology.

I know they're a small team, but just as any other game release, releasing an unfinished game on a platform isn't acceptable. Customers buy/back a product, that should work to a playable/useable standard.

• Like 1

There is still an underlying factor here, no matter how it's resolved. And that is the exclusivity itself. If Savini Jason were only cosmetic, there would be a stronger case in favor of permanent exclusivity. 

But Savini Jason has his own set of stats that will appeal to a specific playstyle. This is gaming 101 stuff: you never EVER give permanent exclusivity to any DLC that only a handful of players will have access to. It's a cardinal rule, and the primary reason timed exclusivity is so prominent. Cosmetic things are fluff, but if it integrates directly into the gameplay, everyone should (eventually) have the opportunity to attain it. 

Im not saying Savini Jason is uber-powered over the others, but he is still a tool specific players will take to. I like all the Jason models, but I'm better with certain versions. Savini Jason is no different.

I understand the arguments pro-backers are making here, because you were made a promise. But in the future, backers should get the packaging, art books, signed posters, etc., but never in-game gameplay tools that no one else can ever have. That would be like saying only backers should get a specific map, or only backers should get to come back as Tommy Jarvis. As soon as you offer gameplay-specific goodies to a small number of people, you've changed the dynamics of the game and split your user base. 

• Like 1

I backed for the Savini Jason. I don't like how people were able to buy it but what can be done? Sony messed up so I'm not blaming Gun Media. To the people saying, "Oh well it's only fair to put it up for 24 hours so everyone else can buy it." no it's actually not fair. If Sony can't take away the dlc from the people who purchased it on the store then there's nothing else to do but move on.

I preordered way back when on Kickstarter and I bought the Savini Jason and the Counselors clothes and I did not receive any DLC but all I see are Jasons that I didnt get which I bought myself...so what do I do?

Wow, this thread reads like a soap opera....so much drama and mixed emotions; it feels tense. ?

I understand the backer's pov, still, I'm sorry I missed out because it happened overnight here in Holland.